Air fryer?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
My wife uses an air fryer and what I like about it is when she cooks French Fries the fries are still pretty good when they get cold later on vs deep fried FF's .. Got a Sous Vide I'm cooking stuff with , the cheap tuff cuts of beef are pretty good and tender and the boston butts are pull off the bone tender with no loss of broth .. I'm still experimenting and can't wait to try some cod and tilapia fish in it ..
Now I'm getting hungry.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
Anyway have experience with an air fryer? Would you get one again? I have waited to see them on the consignment/flea market scene, being tight with money, or wise and frugal, however you view it, and am interested in what you wise culinary sages have to say.
Just saw 2 Continental brand so wondering if they are the lemons of the brands, you tube videos usually rank others with no mention of "Continental" brand.
Thank you in advance
THEY ARE THE BEST!!!

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
What are some of your successes with it?

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
What are some of your successes with it?

I only used one once, to cook chicken, and it was the best chicken i've ever tasted! My roommate is terrible cook, but everything she makes with the airfryer is delicious!

up

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
love the air fryer i have... so, very versatile and when using it the smells are so aromatic and most things cook/bake/fry (whatever word you choose there, lolz) light and crispy... it rocks for sure👍😎😊

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
love the air fryer i have... so, very versatile and when using it the smells are so aromatic and most things cook/bake/fry (whatever word you choose there, lolz) light and crispy... it rocks for sure👍😎😊
Curious, how does it work? I want to get an air fryer too, but I don’t know if there’s any chemicals or something.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
i believe the theory is like why the bones are bleached in death valley, lots of hot and air blowing it around.

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
Curious, how does it work? I want to get an air fryer too, but I don’t know if there’s any chemicals or something.
My wife coats olive oil on what she's cooking and I guess the hot air circulates and frys it .. I don't cook with it so somebody else could probably tell you more .. I like it because we don't use so much oil anymore ..

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
convection ovens use the hot air circulation to speed cooking too.
best wishes

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
Hi there,
I am not sure if you already bought one but I love my air fryer and use it almost daily. I have a Philips. They are a little more expensive. I won mine so I am pretty happy about that. One of the easiest and quickest ways I use this is shake and bake type coating, I sometimes use a spicy peanut coating. I shake up, lets say, drumsticks, and put them into the basket. You can spray the grill with PAM or wipe it with canola or olive oil first, but you don't need to. I set it to 350 and cook for 20 min. I end up with really good fried chicken without the guilt. Baked potatoes, pierced and 375 for 40 min. Frozen meatballs cook at 375 for 15min. Hand cut potato wedges work well if you cut them up relatively small and then soak them in a bowl of cold water for at least 1/2 hour. This helps to remove the starch and create a fluffier interior. You then remove them and dry them. Toss them in a couple of tsp. of oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook them for 20-25 min at 350-375. Make sure you shake them at least twice during cooking. Monitor the last 5-10 minutes to check doneness. These can be addictive, especially if they are yam fries.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Thank you ! Found one at a consignment place, appreciate the tip.
blessings

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
not yet, but the picture looks interesting and tasty, I will report back when I know more, a couple white potatoes followed me home from the last market foray volunteering to be the subjects, lol! bless you

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Hi there,
I am not sure if you already bought one but I love my air fryer and use it almost daily. I have a Philips. They are a little more expensive. I won mine so I am pretty happy about that. One of the easiest and quickest ways I use this is shake and bake type coating, I sometimes use a spicy peanut coating. I shake up, lets say, drumsticks, and put them into the basket. You can spray the grill with PAM or wipe it with canola or olive oil first, but you don't need to. I set it to 350 and cook for 20 min. I end up with really good fried chicken without the guilt. Baked potatoes, pierced and 375 for 40 min. Frozen meatballs cook at 375 for 15min. Hand cut potato wedges work well if you cut them up relatively small and then soak them in a bowl of cold water for at least 1/2 hour. This helps to remove the starch and create a fluffier interior. You then remove them and dry them. Toss them in a couple of tsp. of oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook them for 20-25 min at 350-375. Make sure you shake them at least twice during cooking. Monitor the last 5-10 minutes to check doneness. These can be addictive, especially if they are yam fries.
I like yum fries too.

E

EleventhHour

Hi there,
Thank you for this... I hope to get one soon.

If I could mention just one thing canola oil is really not a good oil, highly processed comes from the rapeseed plant, and is not very digestible.

If you can go with a sunflower oil much healthier. :)

E

EleventhHour

Aug 9, 2023
While some well-known brands like Philips, Ninja, and Cosori have established a reputation for quality air fryers, there are also lesser-known brands on the market. When considering a lesser-known brand like Continental, it's a good idea to read customer reviews and check for any available information about the brand's reliability and performance.