"All Have sinned," really?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Robo36

Nov 27, 2019
It’s written in the Bible that “all have sinned,” then we watch the St. Jude adds on TV and wonder what sins these unfortunate handicapped and cancer patient children have committed. Do you wonder as I do about that? Some are but babes yet. Can someone explain please?

Sep 14, 2019
we are all born with a sinful fallen nature and it is only once we receive the Holy Spirit that we have the capacity to overcome that sinful nature.

Jan 12, 2019
It’s written in the Bible that “all have sinned,” then we watch the St. Jude adds on TV and wonder what sins these unfortunate handicapped and cancer patient children have committed. Do you wonder as I do about that? Some are but babes yet. Can someone explain please?
They sinned, in Adam (Romans 5:12-19)

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
You still watch TV? ;)

It is not for us to know what sins others have committed. The Bible says that all have sinned; it also says that God is just. The two go together.

Mar 28, 2016
Sin, corruption brought death as a cancer. As sons of God we are not what we will be the incorruptible. No mercy in this land. Pray for the children.

Jimbone

Aug 22, 2014
They were all born of Adam, all born of sin like all of us. I find it best explained and thought of in terms of spirit. We are born cut off from God, with dead spirits. We can't help being born this way and not only can we do nothing to fix this, but without direct revelation from our Creator, we couldn't even in any way by the flesh "figure out" what was even wrong. The thing is that God our Creator loves the world like this, He gave His only Son, steps into His creation and is not born of Adam. See the perfection and solid consistent nature of our God, born of the Spirit, born of a virgin.
The 2nd Adam lived His whole life without transgressing the Fathers will, the Father was ALWAYS "well pleased" with Him, yet it also pleased Him to crush His Son of our transgression, to put our punishment on the only innocent man ever, Jesus who lay down His life willingly, so that we might be forgiven, so that His righteousness could justly be applied to us, resurrecting our dead spirits and giving them life, reconciling them to His making us whole as we were created to be, opening our eyes in REAL LIFE to the truth of the things of spirit and plugged directly into His Spirit that guides us to all truth here on earth, PRAISE OUR KING JESUS!!! Man our God is great!! The bottom line is that those children are born into sin by no "fault" of their own, and this is why the charge on us who are born again of His Spirit to make disciples of all nations is so important, I also have to keep in mind the mercy and forgiving nature of our god when thing of these sick children and these kind of hard things in life and the testimonies of how ALL these things can all work to His glory.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Well there is a time of innocence for little ones i believe.. How long that lasts i do not know.. Different people have different beliefs on the age.. I believe God knows and in the end He is the one who is going to be doing the judging so we don't have to worry..

And what does suffering of a human being have to do with their sin status? Can a handicapped or a cancer patient think evil thoughts and hate others? Yeah they can.. can Children sin? yes they do..

But as i said above babies are innocent..

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Hi Robo36. If you read any passage where it says all people are sinners, you'll see it refers to all people who have knowledge of right and wrong. It doesn't mean young children.

Jun 10, 2019
Hi Robo36. If you read any passage where it says all people are sinners, you'll see it refers to all people who have knowledge of right and wrong. It doesn't mean young children.
At what age do you think children begin to know right from wrong?

Mar 28, 2016
Where would that knowledge come from a child if not the word of God? People perish without that knowledge.( the gospel)

Because we are part of a corrupted creation we know as soon as a person is born. . . not having a faith that comes from hearing the word of God .They go forth telling lies . No training need for that. A good work , God working in us is needed from us to introduce the gospel . They are born under the authority of father of lies the god of this world.

Marvel not that all persons young or old must be born again. Perhaps some did hear the word of God while in their mother womb and leap like that of John the Baptist . To leap for joy is a metaphor used to represent being born again

Luke 1:44 For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.

It was revealed to David that his child was born again. He washed his face and went about business as usual being comforted with the mercy that God had on his child. We walk by faith. The unseen eternal.

Jun 10, 2019
Carl Mahan was 6 years old when killed his friend, and one of the youngest was in Norway at age 5 killed another

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
they live in a fallen world and are subject to the same curse. also they would sin eventually if they grow up anyway.

Exodus 4:11 And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
we are all born with a sinful fallen nature and it is only once we receive the Holy Spirit that we have the capacity to overcome that sinful nature.
Is being born with a sinful nature in of itself sinful?
The bible also states to seek wisdom and I believe that wisdom dictates that, despite what is said that all have sinned, all have not really sinned as there are apparent exceptions. The bible also says that the sun rises and sets but, in fact, does not either. Again, the bible is just stating that it is only apparent that the sun rises and sets but in reality the earth rotates on its axis and this allows for both light and darkness depending on the time of day. Very few, if any, of the children being treated at St. Jude's Children and Research Hospital have actually reached a stage where it was possible for them to commit a sin. Regardless, we all have a savior who died for our sins regardless of our age or circumstances.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
They sinned, in Adam (Romans 5:12-19)
I thought all means only the elect have sinned.😉

All mankind is born with a nature to sin. When old enough to know good fro evil, we will choose to sin.

Jun 10, 2019
Is being born with a sinful nature in of itself sinful?
The bible also states to seek wisdom and I believe that wisdom dictates that, despite what is said that all have sinned, all have not really sinned as there are apparent exceptions. The bible also says that the sun rises and sets but, in fact, does not either. Again, the bible is just stating that it is only apparent that the sun rises and sets but in reality the earth rotates on its axis and this allows for both light and darkness depending on the time of day. Very few, if any, of the children being treated at St. Jude's Children and Research Hospital have actually reached a stage where it was possible for them to commit a sin. Regardless, we all have a savior who died for our sins regardless of our age or circumstances.
That’s a good statements, i think we as people should have the same compassion towards others rather they be a baby or senior,

as far as not at the stage at st. Jude’s is a little off, st. Jude’s accepts children, adolescents and young adults who are 21 years old or younger at the time of acceptance. the commercials mainly show the youngest because that pulls on the heart strings but in reality all cancer victims should pull on the heart strings.

L

Locoponydirtman

Sadly, those children were born into a broken sinful world, and are victims of the evil state of things. If you haven't noticed that the further we degrade into evil the more that humans suffer.

Jun 10, 2019
So I wonder do people look at babies having cancer as being horrible and unjust and the oldest having cancer as o well it’s life. I don’t really get the compassion for some but not for others with the same problems.

Maybe people think it’s the sin people have done in their life and that has caused cancer in the body because I see folks say about knowing right from wrong but that has nothing to do with why cancer is in this world, sin entered the world and no one escapes physical death all have sinned all will return to dust

stillness

Jan 28, 2013
Walk trough the valley
Such a loaded question for the Canon; Canon of scripture that is. Let me just say for now, "Man that is born of woman is of few days and full of trouble." How does that answer your question? The hiden meaning does! Man that is carried emotionally by woman does not Love God first and groing up is still looking for a mother figure as an idol. By your question without knowing anything about you, your a woman. Ok so we dont all have the same trouble, some seek a treasure in this life more than God. Some their on life: a life for themselves instesd of a life in God. The fruit of the tree of knowlege of good and evil is a missunderstood parabole. The meaning hiden because "Love doea not insist on its own way." Love cant be forced, "A God that hides Himself from us."
Back to "What fruit had you in those things tou are now ashamed."
The fruit of the mind of the flesh is living for our ego. Babies are born demanding. Makes me think of a woman who said to her husband, I dont mind that your'd'man, just dont be de'man'ding. The sainig your'd'man comes from David exposed by Natan for comitting adultery and murder.
Now if your question is: how can God judge children? He doesent.
But you need to see the hiden meaning of the manyfold Wisdom od God and need Patience along with that.

L

LordsHandmaiden

The rain falls on the just and the unjust.......
Who can say what God's ultimate plan is in the live of those affected by disease,disasters, or any misfortune.

We place our faith and trust in Him alone,for He is the creator!