Alphabet Game

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
So it's not really a game. More something that I found helps me when I can't sleep or when I'm feeling oppressed. Sometimes it seems like I'm in an unproductive mindset and what I'm entertaining isn't exactly pleasing to the Lord. So I came up with this challenge for myself to use every letter of the alphabet and have one word accompany it with the theme that I think of...It was excellent to stave off the oppression I was experiencing and occupy my mind with a neat thing to just speak to where I was at the time.

The theme has something to do with scripture and is in honor of the Lord in some way.

It started out with anything having to do with scripture and then other times a specific theme (like our place before the Lord and who we are as the body).

You don't have to be super serious about it if you don't want to. If you'd like you can include why you picked a particular word to go along with the letter. I've done more than a few of these and some of them are "stretches" and somewhat difficult (Like X).

The first time I did it I got stumped on the letter "K" and while the rest of them were solid it took me a cycle back around to K before I could think of anything.

So to start: K is for Kangaroo because God made Kangaroos :)

kg.jpg

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
X is for xcellent, for this game is just that for night time after or before prayer. I have always prayed when I could not sleep, and your game sounds like a personal blessing jsut for me, thank you for being used to deliver it to me! Oh! And thank you for inventing it… Let's see, k is for kaleidescope, for our Father's awaiting gifts come the Kingdome are varied beyond a kaleidescope in number and variations……..infinite I would say.l

Thanks for this endeavor...jk God bless you always...……..j

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
"Kind" Jesus is kind, does that fit the rules? "L" would be next, Love, G-d is love

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
M is for his Majesty :)

@JaumeJ I kept meaning to post this for a while because it is certainly of utility to me with the last bits of my mental energy. I've had some pretty nice moments just landing on a theme and it strengthening me. Not exactly praying but it is a way to declare that isn't a worship song.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
O is for obedience as that is a constant battle for me. Oh also...overcomer :D

G

Godsgirl83

P:
Prince of Peace
Provider
Protector

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Q..Jesus-Yeshua is the Quintessential of the Father and Holy Spirit. Isaiah 9:6

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
S is for sire as he is our Lord as well as the sire of us all as our father.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
V is for Vengeance. Serious but only the Lord can execute vengeance...that's why when we think we do, it is simply called "re"venge.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Alas for this letter. When I originally did this one night I picked the only X word I could think of in scripture (Xerxes). Last night I was wondering if a skip would be appropriate...

but...I settled on Xmas. I just looked it up in the dictionary and apparently X is from Chi. Which is basically the same as saying "Jmas"

So X is for X (chi) because that is Jesus' first initial in Greek.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Y ~ Yours for that I am unto the Lord :)

Certainly it is a constant process of submitting and laying down our own will for "our" lives, whatever "that" means.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
B ~

Beautiful one... (insert worship song here)

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Cross