The DSM-IV-TR and the DSM-5 afterward have identified the ailment as Dissociative Identity Disorder because MPD is not an accurate description of the broadened criteria and the way DID presents itself. It was thought when the disorder was known as MPD that everyone suffering from it had at least two, if not more, separate and distinct personalities, complete with different names and life histories, but all tied to the so-called "host."
DID is the best description of the malady, which does not have to, as was originally thought, present different "people" within the same psyche. DID is now known to show more subtle transitions, and not so much from personalities as it moves to differing moods and attitudes. Personalities differentials can still be presented, but they do not have to be for DID to be diagnosed. Also, unlike as in the past, the patient him or herself can validly self-report such transitions, whereas previously the therapist or close friends and family had to report them for a valid diagnosis of the old MPD classification.
Are you qualified to be dealing with DID patients? Do you have at least a Masters in psychology? Do you have a state-issued and state-mandated license? Are you trained psychiatrically or psychologically? I am.
I have a Masters degree in behavioral psychology from the University of Missouri, and a Masters in Counseling from Midwest Baptist Theological Seminary. I'm licensed in Missouri and Kansas as an addictions therapist and a marriage and family therapist, and even with those qualifications I would not presume to be able to provide therapy to someone suffering from DID. A pastor, no matter how well-trained in biblical or nouthetic counseling -- even with the proper state-required educational background -- would never presume to be qualified to assist someone legitimately suffering from DID, and most certainly a layperson should not do so.
Do you realize that nearly 90% of DID patients have been sexually, physically (i.e., sexually), and emotionally abused as very young children, to the point they can't remember the abuse? It is not, as may fake and previously diagnosed MPD clients presented themselves, a matter of suppressing the memory. They were too young to be able to remember, but the psychological, emotional and spiritual scarring nonetheless took deep root.
It requires someone with a great deal of experience in and knowledge of the dissociative disorders in general and DID in particular to adequately treat such clients, and preferably someone with the proper training in mental health provision. If you are claiming to be able to treat or help these individuals, I sincerely hope you not only rely upon the guidance and sustenance of the Good Lord, but also have received adequate educational training and supervised coordination to do so. Otherwise, I guarantee, with the Lord's help or not, you are doing more harm than good.
The fact you continue to call it MPD is indicative of the likelihood you do not have either. I would urge you to cease and desist, referring DID clients to licensed therapists who know what they are doing. I do not doubt the Lord's ability to help them. I doubt yours, even if you believe you are in His power.