alter personalities MPD

  • Thread starter Thread starter microscoped
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I missed this before posting before. In that case, you're a charlatan as surely as is Benny Hinn, Ken Copeland, or Oral Roberts. Your state should investigate your so-called "ministry."
It's worse than a state problem. He said he takes airplane trips to see some. This is national.
 
well, for the record, there are some good comments here and some of what I hoped to see...actual discussion...does not matter if you agree or disagree...it seems to be an art form these days to discuss anything...listening is even rarer

there are some real knee jerk reactions here....those should be checked at the door IMO

the problem I have micro, is the way you handled scripture in the other thread and seemd to veer off in another direction when a few of us wanted to examine things closer

Detachment from reality is dissociation...a form of hiding from pain in very simple terms..

I came across the subject of alters about 7 years ago...on a Christian site...and they referenced having to 'save' each alter and then meld them back together and there were descriptions of several 'patients' and how they went through this.

My question was and still is, where in the Bible do we reference this type of thing? I was told scripture would be provided and some has, but nothing that would indicate to me multiple salvation experiences for the alters.

Im not trying to believe anything in particular here nor am I trying to dissuade anyone from believing...I just do not see how this has become a method...although people say it works and some have given their testimony that it works

I'm skeptical but I am always aware I don't know everything

But still, micro, I don't find your representation straightforward...or consistent...I'm talking about your personal representation...ie, the way you speak of your own experience and present your take on what scripture states
 
Perhaps you yourself have DID.
"I just knew you would say this..." ;)


That's the biggest about face I've ever seen recorded in one confused post.
Nope. It all "fits together quite nicely" -- you simply have missed the point...

( And, I suspect, because you did more reacting than reading. ;) )


However, to address the rambling accusations you make, I rest not only on my credentials, but the conviction of faith in Jesus Christ who guides, protects, and inspires me to do the work I do. You can stand off in anonymous-land and rail against that all you want. You will utterly fail to phase me. God bless.
I have nothing against people having an education or a degree. I do not necessarily have anything against credentials. What I do have something against is --- people "letting their 'credentials' go to their head" and using them in a 'god-like' fashion to claim things about themselves or their 'profession' that are not true...

I think it is great if you - having obtained knowledge through education - and, even more importantly, true faith in the Lord Jesus Christ -- and, can use all of it to truly help others.


Key here is you apparent refusal to understand I can trust my education a great deal, but only because Christ has used it to show me how I can counsel and treat clients through His power. You and others need to realize the two are not mutually exclusive, and that God can use doctors, medications, therapy, and psychological theory to His good purpose. { I already realize it - I agree. }

Did He, or did He not, create the human psyche? Why do you and others want to make the ridiculous claim that He would not allow men to have understanding of that portion of His creation, to the great benefit of those He created? The argument is ludicrous.
And this helps to make my point!

( "Thank You" )

What I am claiming is that - you do not necessarily have to have a [ worldly-education-based ] degree to have a sufficient knowledge about something to be able to be used of God to accomplish something for His good purpose.

If you had the [ education ] knowledge that you now possess -- but, did not have that piece of paper with the word 'Degree' on it -- would you still be able to help others?

Of course you would!

Because, it is not the 'credentials' that enable you -- it is the knowledge, experience, etc.

The credentials have a purpose; however, they do not justify the idea that - if you do not possess the 'credentials', you are not qualified...

It is a man-made system used [ for the most part ] by Satan to control the masses --- that is what I am saying...

The fact is - having 'credentials' does not mean "I am qualified"; rather, it means "I have paid my dues"... ( in the Satan-run world system )

:)
 
It's worse than a state problem. He said he takes airplane trips to see some. This is national.


FYI, he is not the only one who practices this method...far from it and it has been around some time, so micro is not really that big a 'problem'...he may be a problem to some in this thread, but why worry that to death?
 
I start merely with this. All the classes and schools have nothing on Gods wisdom and knowledge. To say that even with Gods help I am doing more harm you seem to forget how powerful God is and if someone gets out of the way and allows God to work He can accomplish more. I hold to mpd because like I say it best describes what I have encountered than what the expert say DID is. You say 90 % do not remember I have to disagree per my experience and it is 90 % that do remember. I think closer attention needs to be paid to each alter and as they switch to determine who remembers what one alter may not know of the trauma to the others. However you are right a great majority is from sexual abuse And is only prevelant if the first abuse was in the really early ages. You ask if I sm qualified. Besides you thinking I am not qualified and my definition of mpd being closer to what it is I have encountered. You say it takes someone with a great deal if knowledge to deal with this. Do you discount that the gift of knowledge spoken of in 1 st Corinthians can give someone the knowledge that surpasses the scholars for the people God sends there way? And I would like to end with this thread is based on biblical knowledge not scholarly knowledge. If you can point out biblically that I am wrong then that would be something to address
And I've told you in PMs, God was able to fix my sheer stupidity and naivety. I didn't fix that person. I almost destroyed that person. At least I saw why I shouldn't be counseling. (Ill-equipped. Not enough training by a long shot!) God protected that person from me.

That's not a good thing! You're messing with people's lives. It's a tough thing to wonder if a person will commit suicide from something you've said for four months. God was also gracious enough to have someone tell me that person didn't commit suicide. He isn't always that gracious, and he certainly doesn't stop all people from committing suicide.

This isn't a game. These are real people with real lives that you're playing with out of such complete misguided principles that keep telling me you're worse at this than I was! I was bad! I learned. I quit.

QUIT!
 
You're absolutely right. But from your OP and your other posts, I can safely pronounce you devoid of either.

On the contrary, I call attention to how arrogant and full of yourself you are to presume to do the work of the professional counselor and claim "God is working through me," when I know full well from my own experience that, though God works through me constantly, He blesses me because I honored Him in getting the education that enables me to allow Him to do so.

Proving only that you're clueless as well as arrogant.

Then you are dealing with people who are bigger charlatans than you.

You offend legitimate DID patients with your careless tossing around of proper terminology without any real knowledge of what you're saying.

Imagine how thrilled I am you think so ... not.

Yes, I do, because I know -- again, from my own experience -- that the education and training under clinical supervision goes hand in hand with God's guidance, inspiration, and guidance to make me a successful therapist and counselor. You can lay claim to God's power all you want, and you can delude yourself into thinking you feel Him working through you, but God has not zapped you with the clinical knowledge you require to be able to do what you claim you do.

I believe you to be a fraud, coming on here making audacious claims that likely have no grounding in truth. It isn't that God couldn't -- even wouldn't -- so "zap" you, but I can tell from your posts that He has not. I don't even have to speak with you in person or observe your "therapy" to know that.

Then it is based on your own perceptions, arrogantly credited to God when He has had nothing to do with them.

Be careful of what you ask for. I'll give it to you.

In biblical times there was not the wide range of medicines available to us today and yet the Bible is not devoid of positive reference to the use of medicine. For their medicinal qualities, the good Samaritan used wine as an antiseptic and oil as a healing balm (Luke 10:34). Paul urged Timothy to use wine to help a stomach condition (1 Timothy 5:23). Again, this is using medicine. Interestingly, Paul refers to "Luke, the beloved physician" (Colossians 4:14). He does not say, "beloved Luke, who used to be a physician before he discovered the power of Christ."

Surprisingly, Proverbs 31:6, 7 refers to using alcohol as an anti-depressant. Christians would be horrified to think of anyone becoming an alcoholic or using marijuana, but substitute a prescribed drug that could have even worse effects in terms of addiction and side effects and health risks, and many Christians see no problem. We call plumbers, electricians, HVAC specialists, but balk at doctors and nurses, as though calling them would somehow be against God's will.

There is a story told when discussions like this come up in Southern Baptist seminaries. A missionary’s monthly allowance failed to reach her. For quite a while all she had to eat was oats. To make matters worse, she was sick. Where was God? When she later returned to her home country she mentioned this to a doctor, who happened to also know about the serious stomach condition she had had at that time. The doctor informed her that not only was oats the ideal diet for such a condition, a normal diet could have killed her. Clearly, the Lord had amazingly protected her, but why did He use what I'm sure you would describe as "convoluted means"?

You, sir, lead people astray by claiming God is all that is necessary for healing. You lie, and you most likely have no contact with anyone suffering from DID. If you did attempt to treat someone with the disorder, the state would have long ago stepped in and arrested you, because you have no business passing yourself off as someone capable of counseling in that venue. You think God supernaturally empowers you to "know" what you need to know, when in fact you are nothing more than a callous liar passing yourself off on this forum as someone specially endowed by Him. You disgust me, and I'm done here.

If anyone wants to contact me for more and actually legitimate information on DID, my PMs are open.
^ ^ ^ ^
THIS is the ability to communicate. This is a God-given gift with a whole lot of education and training to work it well. This is someone who knows what he's talking about. It is, obviously, easily possible to communicate many thoughts thoroughly in little time! This is good communication skills. (And communication I get. I studied and still study it!)

This is what you, Micro, lack!
 
Your medicine does not heal. Throwing medicine at people only makes things long term that through God can be shirt term. I hears a saying once and that is if we healed those who were sick the charlatan doctors would have no job. Or something along those lines. Among my colleagues I have a high standing I only wish someone in your profession would take the time and see what really truly works for healing. You still have no biblical arguments to say what I am doing is wrong.
Oy vey! At least have a basic understanding of professions you don't like. Warrior is a psychologist. He stated that. Psychologist can't and don't prescribe any medication.

Your arrogance and hurtfulness are showing clearly now.

Have you notice? All you've done for 90% of this is defend yourself. You haven't even communicated that well. Your defense is an offense.
 
and in both threads you have still not provided a biblical argument that says what you are doing is right.

I wonder if one of the reasons for your divorce is because you privately counseled sexually assaulted women over the phone and online only.

No man of God would ever put themselves in this kind of trap. NONE!
I can vouch for the nonbelievers who counsel too -- the vast majority of them wouldn't do it either. Only the criminals.
 
Nothing you have said here is remotely true. I will not continue to make the same arguments since you fail to read the entirety of the thread but want to skip around. Read it all and then make your arguments afterward.
And you claim some authority in understanding people? Basic tendent for liars (if Joshua's Generation was one, and it's too easy to see the evidence, so he's not), mix a lie in with the truth. So there is no such thing as "Nothing you said is remotely true." And, again, it proves you make a truly lousy counselor or communicator.
 
Hence the deliverance ministry that is designed to take care of both.
Yeah, and God gifted me to be a brain surgeon. I didn't need training. Want to be my first patient? I'm sure I can fix you because God gifted me. You can't see what's wrong, but I can because God gifted me to be a brain surgeon and I can see brains that need fixing even online.

(Yes, sarcasm, but also a purpose in it.)
 
I can tell by voice a change in the person. U can tell by what is written and how things are worded a change. God did not sit before you and tell you the entire bible He had it written and by reading in context you can tell when He is happy and Upset.
This would have been more effective if I didn't see where you get the Bible wrong so often. Considering your background, I doubt it would have been effective then either, except maybe you wouldn't have a broken background if you caught the Bible in true context. Either way, you've already proven this is merely defensive. Even you don't believe it.
 
well, for the record, there are some good comments here and some of what I hoped to see...actual discussion...does not matter if you agree or disagree...it seems to be an art form these days to discuss anything...listening is even rarer

there are some real knee jerk reactions here....those should be checked at the door IMO

the problem I have micro, is the way you handled scripture in the other thread and seemd to veer off in another direction when a few of us wanted to examine things closer

Detachment from reality is dissociation...a form of hiding from pain in very simple terms..

I came across the subject of alters about 7 years ago...on a Christian site...and they referenced having to 'save' each alter and then meld them back together and there were descriptions of several 'patients' and how they went through this.

My question was and still is, where in the Bible do we reference this type of thing? I was told scripture would be provided and some has, but nothing that would indicate to me multiple salvation experiences for the alters.

Im not trying to believe anything in particular here nor am I trying to dissuade anyone from believing...I just do not see how this has become a method...although people say it works and some have given their testimony that it works

I'm skeptical but I am always aware I don't know everything

But still, micro, I don't find your representation straightforward...or consistent...I'm talking about your personal representation...ie, the way you speak of your own experience and present your take on what scripture states

Thank you for the question on salvation with parts. Although if the core person has asked Jesus in and is doing and living right they are saved. Having each alter profess Christ is getting each in board with the core. If they are contrary to what they core wants and desires merging will not happen.this also gives each part the opportunity to talk to Jesus themselves with there desires. Saying Lord I'm here I need you too. Please forgive me and I do forgive those who have hurt me. Sometimes you have to get deeper and be more specific if they are holding onto something.
 
Thank you for the question on salvation with parts. Although if the core person has asked Jesus in and is doing and living right they are saved. Having each alter profess Christ is getting each in board with the core. If they are contrary to what they core wants and desires merging will not happen.this also gives each part the opportunity to talk to Jesus themselves with there desires. Saying Lord I'm here I need you too. Please forgive me and I do forgive those who have hurt me. Sometimes you have to get deeper and be more specific if they are holding onto something.

Please show from scripture that anywhere in the OT,Jesus or the apostles said anything along this line of thinking at ALL.
 
^ ^ ^ ^
THIS is the ability to communicate. This is a God-given gift with a whole lot of education and training to work it well. This is someone who knows what he's talking about. It is, obviously, easily possible to communicate many thoughts thoroughly in little time! This is good communication skills. (And communication I get. I studied and still study it!)

This is what you, Micro, lack!
I was TD about a well known preacher that while speaking with others he would stutter but while preaching he never did. While ministering God takes away my flaws. While talking with others I am just me.
 
Oh how I wish I could say who I am. All you would have to do is Google my name and you would either shut up or apologize.
Hmmmm, you don't get me yet. I wish you would tell your name too. (Why not? Not like you've outed patients.) If you did that, then I'd work my way through your site and SERPS to show you as a charlatan to even more people. and not out of anger, but to protect your targets from becoming victims. I've been targeted. I prefer helping others to avoid the experience.

Communications. You wouldn't be the first scammer I made unemployed.

Why do you think I'm still here after you asked me to stop being here five pages ago? This stopped being about you pages ago. This is me telling others to beware. I'm merely using too many exclamation points now.