Americanized Thinking

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Nothing like "Americanized thinking" right? From the tip of Peru(South American) to the Canadians(North Americans) and all the Central Americans between they all think and believe America is a nation and not a Continent.
The Peruvians, Canadians and Brazilians know they're not United Statesians.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Almost everyone is completely missing the point. ...

But it does reiterate over and over again that there is a way out of sin. It also states we shouldnt go on about living in sin. And I guess I should clear this up as well I'm talking about people who know for a fact they are sinning and keep on doing it yet claim the blood of Jesus.
It seems that you missed my point as well.

Believers are more likely to realize after the fact that they have sinned than to be doing something so heinous that they "know for a fact that they are sinning". Perhaps you're just wanting to focus on the "big sins" and overlook the small sins?

Sipsey

Sep 27, 2018
So, when one of the Apostles wrote that “anyone” who says they have no sin is a liar, is he saying sin is the issue, or honesty?

Apr 15, 2017
I would like to suggest that a lot of us Christian Americans have been falsely thought to think that we can't live sin free lives. For example my pastor says "we cant be sinless, but we should sin less". And obviously I agree with that and I know I am a sinner saved by grace. But it's that kind of thinking that gives the devil a foothold. Its that kind of thinking that keeps us enslaved to the very thing God died to set us free from. Also there are various scriptures to support that we can indeed do all we can to live sin free lives. Such as God wont let us be tempted beyond what we can bear and will provide a way out. So if God says he will provide a way out, that he is able to make me stand, and that his Holy spirit within me is greater than he who is in than world. Then why do we keep THINKING that we won't be able to live sin free lives. Of course, maybe its just me maybe noone else has been taught to think this way. However for my brothers and sisters who have been taught this just as I have you might want to join me in just thinking how Jesus thinks and not how the world or America thinks.

Stay Woke 🙏✌
Americans have the good life, even people that would make minimum wage, and we have fleshy pleasures, and worldly entertainment, can pursue money, and material things in large quantity, and jobs a plenty.

Children grow up with all that worldliness, and a lot of them do not like to give it up, but they still want to enjoy the world as the world enjoys it when they confess Christ.

2Ti 3:4 lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Some are not led of the Spirit, so they are enjoying sin, and believe they cannot abstain from sins, and they hold unto sin.

All sin can be forgiven, but we can abstain from sin by the Spirit, but sometimes we might want to enjoy sin, in which we should get rid of it, and move forward, but if we hold unto sin it is wrong, and not justified.

It is hard to believe that many have not sinned after they have been saved, especially in America, and I know I have sinned after being saved, but it is not because I do not believe I cannot abstain from sins, but wanted to enjoy the sin, but I have the proper perspective of the truth to know that I have to get rid of it, and mean it, and move forward.

When I first was saved I was still enjoying worldly movies, worldly entertainment, money for my wants, but the Church I went to preached the holiness of Jesus, and we can abstain from sins by the Spirit, so I believed the truth, but then after a while I went by it to get rid of the things of the world, and stopped being a hypocrite.

We can abstain from sin by the Spirit, and if you enjoy sin at least admit that it does affect your relationship with God.

Which is the difference of having the Spirit, and not having the Spirit, for those with the Spirit will know it is wrong to sin, and will repent if they do it, and get rid of it, and those without the Spirit will justify their sins by saying they cannot abstain from sins, for they do not want to wrong with God.

The Spirit will only lead those who hate sin, and do not want sin, and a Spirit led life is not under the law, for their sins are forgiven, and they are abstaining from sins, so the law cannot touch them for prosecution.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Nothing like "Americanized thinking" right? From the tip of Peru(South American) to the Canadians(North Americans) and all the Central Americans between they all think and believe America is a nation and not a Continent.
I think you mean TWO continents ;)

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
Of a truth,,,a Gm 16-248 diesel is in an old submarine, but who would know unless the nation and it's actual name meant anything to them....

Apr 12, 2019
Which is partly the point I'm trying to make. If indeed we have crucified our passions and desires and are dead now and alive in Christ why are we thinking about sinning in the future? Im suppose to be thinking about holiness, my flesh and desires are no longer suppose to matter to me, so why do I keep thinking that I am sin again in twenty minutes?
because crucifixion does not happened

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Maybe its americanised because people living in america believe they are part of the 'new world' as opposed to the 'old world' that was all the other continents.

From my studies of american history, which is not in anyway comprehensive, but I will share what my opinion as a non-american anyway. The people that settled the US and took over the land were actually in rebellion to the countries and governments they came from. They didnt want to pay taxes to their old countries govts anymore they wanted to be independent. So the mindset is rebellion to authority and govts in these people is a good thing. But its rebellion all the same.

They wanted to be free to live as they please and worship in any way they like. To any god. This is why so many cults spring up on american soil. Jonestown anyone? Waco, JWs, mormonism, christian science, scientology, new age, freemasonry, etc etc. and because america is home of banks and IMF and where they control all the money, people are influenced by the almighty dollar. Prosperity gospel took root on american soil, because people thought they could worship both God and mammon (money). They want their cake and to eat it too.

This kind of freedom isnt really freedom in the christian sense. To be free in christ is to be free FROM sin, not freedom TO sin.