Anyone else bothered with the Pledge of Allegiance?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
If God is your life, how can God never be first? Get the point. Now eat the meat and be who God called us to be, thanks and get your point. Just flesh cam play a deceiving role in first second and third.
How many have done their duty, put God first, went to Church and after that went to the second and went to control family. leaving God out of the picture, for their first duty is done, and Family need to obey, and wife need to do this or that.
HMMMMMM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! chewing the cud yet?
Not clear on this post brother............Men of God do not leave God out of anything they do......IF GOD IS FIRST, then they will act/live in a Christ like manner.......and I surely never said anything similar to the last part of your comment......Point, there is far more to putting God first in one's life than just going to church.......putting God first means just that........before all others, and especially before self.......As for family, the Apostle Paul gave good instructions on being a husband and what is required as such by Godly men, and on being a good Father as well. One of the greatest responsibilities given to us by God is children. We are charged by Scripture to raise them in a Godly manner......all of this is made possible by having God first in our lives....and this continues on into Country........there are more than a few Scriptures dealing with Government(s), and Nations, and how we should act towards them in a Godly manner......

Simply because some people "fall short" of what is Scriptural does not make void the responsibility we have as Godly men. IF THAT WERE THE CASE, if we were to say that......hey, forget all this because too many people fall short of doing what they are suppose to do...........well.......gee.........why even have a Church? Who among the Church today are perfect?

We don't NOT do something simply because others might have failed in trying...........I've been dining on meat for some time now........and I am assured through Scripture that God considers our "family" to be an important part of our duties as His children......What I take from your comments is this:

God, ONLY GOD! family, country, neighbors, world can be you know what, because THEY DON'T MATTER...........and I don't think you really mean this....or I hope not........because it is not what I see in Scripture as being what we are commanded to do.......

Yes, the flesh can fail.........but so what? That does not mean we are to simply throw up our hands and say "to heck with being a Godly husband, Godly father, Godly citizen......." and walk away and hide somewhere with our Bibles and say......"God, ONLY GOD..........none other need bother me......"

(you like that cud remark eh........ :) )

Bookends

Aug 28, 2012
I hide from none.

I can tell you this, 11 0f the 12 disciples didnt have that look on their face when the servants of satan brutally murdered them. Read Ofxes Book of Martyrs for the historical record. but its probably easir to just post laughing faces than to study this.

Also any who go through this wont have your smug take on this topic. and we are told this for a reason, because it will happen. We must be Spiritually prepared by Yahweh if we have any chance to endure.

Revelation 1:1, "The Revelation of Yahshua Messiah, which Yahweh gave to Him, to show His servants things which must shortly come to pass"

This is BOND SERVANT, this message isnt for everyone.

Revelation 13:9-10, "If any man has an ear, let him hear: He who is for captivity, will go into captivity; he who is for the sword, must be killed with the sword. Herein is the patience and the faith of the saints tested."
Jesus said we will all go through tribulation, I'm not denying that. But its not the great tribulation you think it is, of course this how I understand it and read/interpret scripture. Do you see how the Christians in Syria, China, and that could come to the US, I'm not denying that either, Christian persecution always had is ebb and flow through out human history but I just don't buy into your conspiracy theories and denote every little thing happening today as fulfillment of certain prophecies.

Anyway, sorry for the derailment of the thread, I'm done.

Dec 25, 2009
The only version I remotely care for is the pre-1923 one. The change of "my flag" to "the flag" was terrible. The later addition of under God didn't fix any of my problems with the pledge, it actually made it worse for me.

May 15, 2013
While I'm thankful God placed me in this country, I've grown increasingly uncomfortable saying the Pledge of Allegiance.

Anyone else, or any thoughts?
Matthew 6:24“No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

James 5:12
Above all, my brothers and sisters, do not swear—not by heaven or by earth or by anything else. All you need to say is a simple “Yes” or “No.” Otherwise you will be condemned.

pledge (pl
j)
n.1. A solemn binding promise to do, give, or refrain from doing something: signed a pledge never to reveal the secret; a pledge of money to a charity.
2.a. Something given or held as security to guarantee payment of a debt or fulfillment of an obligation.
b. The condition of something thus given or held: put an article in pledge.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
[excerpt from article]

Thomas Jefferson wrote, “Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?”He reflected this idea in the Declaration of Independence when he wrote:
“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”

FOUND HERE:

Pledge of Allegiance - Christian News Articles, Blogs

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Not clear on this post brother............Men of God do not leave God out of anything they do......IF GOD IS FIRST, then they will act/live in a Christ like manner.......and I surely never said anything similar to the last part of your comment......Point, there is far more to putting God first in one's life than just going to church.......putting God first means just that........before all others, and especially before self.......As for family, the Apostle Paul gave good instructions on being a husband and what is required as such by Godly men, and on being a good Father as well. One of the greatest responsibilities given to us by God is children. We are charged by Scripture to raise them in a Godly manner......all of this is made possible by having God first in our lives....and this continues on into Country........there are more than a few Scriptures dealing with Government(s), and Nations, and how we should act towards them in a Godly manner......

Simply because some people "fall short" of what is Scriptural does not make void the responsibility we have as Godly men. IF THAT WERE THE CASE, if we were to say that......hey, forget all this because too many people fall short of doing what they are suppose to do...........well.......gee.........why even have a Church? Who among the Church today are perfect?

We don't NOT do something simply because others might have failed in trying...........I've been dining on meat for some time now........and I am assured through Scripture that God considers our "family" to be an important part of our duties as His children......What I take from your comments is this:

God, ONLY GOD! family, country, neighbors, world can be you know what, because THEY DON'T MATTER...........and I don't think you really mean this....or I hope not........because it is not what I see in Scripture as being what we are commanded to do.......

Yes, the flesh can fail.........but so what? That does not mean we are to simply throw up our hands and say "to heck with being a Godly husband, Godly father, Godly citizen......." and walk away and hide somewhere with our Bibles and say......"God, ONLY GOD..........none other need bother me......"

(you like that cud remark eh........ :) )
Do not see how you do not get this,
Is GOD your life, no matter where you go or what you do? this is beyond categorizing, 1st. second, third
No matter what is in front of me, God is my life and directs it, me out of the way.
I am saying it the same as you, except I am taking it a step further from my view point that I see.
Thanks for your posts for I see what you are saying as well

Huckleberry

Aug 25, 2013
While I'm thankful God placed me in this country, I've grown increasingly uncomfortable saying the Pledge of Allegiance.

Anyone else, or any thoughts?
You should recite the Pledge with sincerity and enthusiasm.
It is an homage to our country and its standard, i.e., republican form of government.
It is not idol worship, it is an allegiance to Freedom.

May 15, 2013
You should recite the Pledge with sincerity and enthusiasm.
It is an homage to our country and its standard, i.e., republican form of government.
It is not idol worship, it is an allegiance to Freedom.
We don't suppose to make any solemn promise to serve anything of this world, but only God. This country was built by God and which this nation has prospered over other nations that was here before this nation, as the nation of Israel had prospered. God has meant for this nation to give a chance for the have not, to have. This nation was made for the purpose of equality for others, but we still have the poor with us and which we are removing programs from them which bringing them down even more. Now this nation wants to abandon God by removing anything that has His name on it so that the public will never find history of Him ever existing. I had once gotten into a debate against a atheist (Online) that was about this country was base on Christianity. The atheist had said where's the proof that this country was a Christian nation; and yes, there weren't any proof because of the removal of God's word in most of the nation documents from history. But the Holy Spirit had me to remember all the things that I've read in history in the past before the removal. And I'd gave it to the atheist and which the atheist was mad because they didn't do a very good job of removing all the evidence of this country being a Christian nation.
The people of this world has the seed of abandonment in them and which God is still around.

Matthew 4:10
Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’”

Genesis 32:12
But you have said, ‘I will surely make you prosper and will make your descendants like the sand of the sea, which cannot be counted.’”

Deuteronomy 28:11
The Lord will grant you abundant prosperity—in the fruit of your womb, the young of your livestock and the crops of your ground—in the land he swore to your ancestors to give you.

Matthew 8:34
Then the whole town went out to meet Jesus. And when they saw him, they pleaded with him to leave their region.

Acts 13:18
for about forty years he endured their conduct in the wilderness;

Revelation 2:4
Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken the love you had at first.

Hebrews 13:5
Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Yahweh has provided a Banner for us, also the King, and finally the Kingdom. It would be foolhearty to seek anything other.

May 15, 2013
1 Samuel 8:7And the Lord told him: “Listen to all that the people are saying to you; it is not you they have rejected, but they have rejected me as their king.

John 3:14
Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up,

Matthew 5:3
“Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Revelation 11:15
The seventh angel sounded his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, which said: “The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Messiah, and he will reign for ever and ever.”