Anyone reading a good book at the moment?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
my new book am reading at the moment is

One Child by Torey Hayden. She writes about teaching special needs kids and ones whos been traumatised.

I think if you are teaching or looking after disadvantaged children they are good books to read. If you havent gone through any kind if trauma yourself then You probably wouldnt understand why children behave as they do...you have children who dont talk to anyone cos they have witnessed shocking things no child ever ought to witness.

As Christians we all have a story or a testimony ourselves about how Jesus saved us so...it got me thinking why not share it as it will help someone else.

I havent yet decided what kind of book I could write but the other night I heard this author called Nanogirl speak about how she became this amazing engineer. She can fix anything. Shes written a cookbook called the Kitchen Science Cookbook and its really popular amongst children. As a child she wa told she was slow, and judged for being mixed race, and also a girl wasnt supposed to do woodwork and know how to fix things!

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
I'm reading these titles too. What are the odds?

I am in a very small book club with someone who is brilliant and pushes me intellectually. We are currently reading a couple books together: How Should We Then Live? by Francis Schaeffer and Confessions by Augustine.

Wayne_Gearing

Mar 6, 2020
Just finished the 3 Heavens by John Hagee... Very informative book

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I am playing stalker: clear sky at the moment. It is a video game but I mention it because I play games that have good storylines, and it has a pretty good one.
Curious about the great story line in this game.

Isaiah263

Jan 12, 2020
Most recently.. John Bevere, "God Where Are You?" and AW Tozer "No Greater Love"

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I saw this book in the bookshop called...Behind every great woman is a great cat.

um...ok. Looking behind me I dont see any cat.

Have now started
Matters of Life and death. Todays Healthcare dilemmas in light of the Christian Faith. by John Wyatt. Forewood by John Stott

although it was published back in 1998 Im still going to read it. abortion laws and euthanasia are being reformed in my country. I still dont know the whole ins and outs of IVF treatments either. It wasnt that long ago in the last century that people first used birth control pills. Before that I imagine that women just kept having babies until they wore out.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Finished reading matters of life and death. It was British book but still kinda relevant. In Holland they have had euthanasia for decades now.

Its a bit scary how they go about it.

I dont suppose anyone on here is a test tube baby? I have met a few through friends and work. They are matter of fact about it, but the gender confusion amongst the younger generation is real.

up

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
is it OK to play billlards, when taking a break from reading😁

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Sadly I’m a big manga and comic reader lately, so I have no actual novels to suggest 🤣

I like Gon, Azumangadioh , and Chi’s Sweet Home

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
I'm reading a American Chillers book called Michigan Mega Monsters. It's a odd series but there was supposed to be one for each state but it may have ended recently.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Reading...The First Horseman by John Case

About a reporter investigating a deadly flu virus...go figure. Up to page 262 out of 325...

M

MegMarch

I'm usually reading about 4 books simultaneously. Not to mention reading the Bible in a year.

Not that it is always a good idea to read so many at the same time because it takes longer for me to finish them, but my job and my varied interests usually lends itself to such.

I finished How Should We Then Live, so I added Salt to the Sea to my current reading. I'm still working on Confessions by Augustine, but I absolutely love it. I like to have a mindless read thrown in sometimes, so Hunger Games is my current mindless read.

Feb 28, 2016
Yes, Matthew once again;
always new and exciting and convicting reasons and escapes to live a normal, Godly life...

H

Heart_Melody

I am!!!
It's called "Boys in the Boat" and its by Daniel James Brown.

Its an incredible, unbelievable account of the 9 Seattle young men who went to the Olympic games in Berlin in 1936 and won the gold metal - it is very detailed in depicting the whole event and it's historical implications to WW2.

H

Heart_Melody

I'm usually reading about 4 books simultaneously. Not to mention reading the Bible in a year.

Not that it is always a good idea to read so many at the same time because it takes longer for me to finish them, but my job and my varied interests usually lends itself to such.

I finished How Should We Then Live, so I added Salt to the Sea to my current reading. I'm still working on Confessions by Augustine, but I absolutely love it. I like to have a mindless read thrown in sometimes, so Hunger Games is my current mindless read.
Oh HOLD on!
She is hawt and smart!!! BOYS she a KEEPER!

:love: