Are children born saved?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
We become too familiar with words. Saved...saved from what? I hope everyone agrees from the punishment of sin. What sin could the baby have committed? If the baby hasn’t sinned, why should they be punished or saved from punishment?
Because many believe we are born guilty.

Apr 15, 2017
This should get some interesting responses. If children are born saved, when did we loose our salvation and need to be saved again?
Children before the age of accountability if they die will either go to heaven, or they will cease to exist for they surely do not have punishment coming.

We are born innocent until we are at the age of accountability, which God knows that, and we would also know right from wrong in the proper perspective at that time.

Angels are ministering spirits sent to all who shall inherit salvation, and the angels always behold the face of the Father for the little ones, for they are protected spiritually before the age of accountability.

We are born innocent, and the sin of Adam and Eve does not come upon us when we are born, for everybody shall bear their own sins.

It would of never entered Adam and Eve's mind to eat off of the forbidden tree unless an outside source tempted them, so God allowed Satan to tempt Eve and she sinned, and then Eve was the outside source that tempted Adam by showing him she did not die and he sinned.

Then they knew good and evil, which means they had a choice how they would conduct themselves upon earth, so all their offspring is born with a choice, so they are born not knowing God, so they will do wrong before they come to God and repent, so all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.

So we are born innocent until we understand wrong and do it instead of the good.

So babies are born innocent with no sin attached to their record, which is why the Bible says the angels always behold the face of the Father for the little ones, but are born not knowing God, and will do wrong before they come to God and repent of the wrong.

Since babies are born innocent do they go to heaven, and the question is do they have a soul or not, for if they have a soul it would live forever, but if they do not have a soul until the age of accountability then they would cease to exist but not be punished.

If babies have a soul then they would be saved from birth, and they lost it only because they sinned before they ever acknowledged the truth of God, which everybody will do.

So are we born with a soul, or do we receive it later.

It kind of does not make sense that a baby would be saved for they did not have to go through any trials or tribulations, and the things a saint at the age of accountability has to go through, so it would seem like they would not qualify, for they knew nothing about it.

But they might be saved.

I tend to believe that they would be saved if they are born in to this world, and die before the age of accountability, but not saved as a miscarriage.

But I do not know, but I know they are born innocent with no sin on their record, and the angels always behold the face of the Father for the little ones, so they are protected spiritually until they do wrong with an understanding of it, and the angels are sent to the saints that shall inherit eternal life.

Sep 3, 2016
Grace and mercy - all children go to heaven.

Every one that passeth among them that are numbered, from twenty years old and above, shall give an offering unto the LORD. Exodus 30:14

God commanded those who were twenty years old and above to pay a ransom for their souls because anyone nineteen years and below were consider by God to be children and were under the protective head of the household. If he was only nineteen he was not old enough to pay a ransom for his own soul, he was still covered under his fathers ransom.

God will confirm this again in two other places of scripture. I am a firm believer in the "two witness theory," which is that there should be at least two scriptures to verify any Bible teaching that we use.

He decided to punish them by allowing them to die in the Wilderness. Israel was condemned to wander for the next forty years in the Wilderness while these people died. But God did not sentence everyone to die in the Wilderness. Along with Joshua, Caleb and their families he spared the children of those that had sinned against him. Anyone who was twenty years and older was condemned to die in the Wilderness because God held them accountable for their sin against him. But God in his mercy spared the children. Anyone who was nineteen years and under were spared and not held accountable because God saw them as children. Here are some of the scriptures to confirm this.

Num 14:29: Your carcases shall fall in this wilderness; and all that were numbered of you, according to your whole number, from twenty years old and upward, which have murmured against me,

We can tell that he would destroy those who were twenty and older and spare those who were nineteen years and younger but, how does this prove accountability? Maybe he just picked a random number to spare and went by that? Well lets look in Deuteronomy and see what it says concerning their accountability.

Deuteronomy 1:39 Moreover your little ones, which ye said should be a prey, and your children, which in that day had no knowledge between good and evil, they shall go in thither, and unto them will I give it, and they shall possess it.

This scripture is speaking of the same thing that we just read about in Numbers 14:29. It is speaking of all Israel who was considered by the Lord to not be held accountable for the sins of Israel. In this verse he says because they had no knowledge between good and evil. This clearly shows us that in Gods view anyone who is under twenty years old is insufficient when it comes to making decisions about what is good and evil. He did not hold them accountable for themselves.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Thank you all for sharing. I was hoping to hear more from the opposing side though as not to be guilty of confirmation bias. I think the whole I dea of children going to hell is ludicrous but I thought I'd give the opposition a fair chance to explain. It's like having a political debate and only my side showed up.

I disagree about Adam however, I think he was guilty before the fact but that's quite a different matter.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Thank you all for sharing. I was hoping to hear more from the opposing side though as not to be guilty of confirmation bias. I think the whole I dea of children going to hell is ludicrous but I thought I'd give the opposition a fair chance to explain. It's like having a political debate and only my side showed up.

I disagree about Adam however, I think he was guilty before the fact but that's quite a different matter.
Down through the ages the church has lost sight of God's salvation plan. As soon as Christianity started up antichrist (Satan) went into the religion business. He would produce a church that held to many truths with lies inserted in key doctrines.

I will say this: God is not through with the babies, the mentally unaccountable and those ignorant of Jesus' work on our behalf. In fact, God is not dealing spiritually with those He hasn't called and given His spirit to. They are walking zombies, dead and fairly apt to stay that way. God is not losing the war for souls. When you really study with the Holy Spirit guiding you, God plan for mankind takes on a whole new perspective.

Rom. 8:9
"But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his." :cool:

mystic7

Jul 27, 2013
A babe before the age accountabity is pure and innocent not saved. When the child commits sin and knows fully its sin....... they die spiritually hence need to be "Bornagain". Same situation with Adam and Eve. They were saved when they continued believing in God after being exiled from Eden.
A child who perishes before the age of accountablity, goes to heaven. Kings David's first child from sin went to heaven: 2 Samuel 12:22-23 And he said, While the child was yet alive, I fasted and wept: for I said, Who can tell whether GOD will be gracious to me, that the child may live? But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
A babe before the age accountabity is pure and innocent not saved. When the child commits sin and knows fully its sin....... they die spiritually hence need to be "Bornagain". Same situation with Adam and Eve. They were saved when they continued believing in God after being exiled from Eden.
A child who perishes before the age of accountablity, goes to heaven. Kings David's first child from sin went to heaven: 2 Samuel 12:22-23 And he said, While the child was yet alive, I fasted and wept: for I said, Who can tell whether GOD will be gracious to me, that the child may live? But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.

Nobody is going to heaven. Nobody is in heaven.

John 3:13 "And
no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven."

Acts 2:29-35 "Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch
David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear. For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, Until I make thy foes thy footstool."

Heaven "The Kingdom of" is coming to earth. :)

mystic7

Jul 27, 2013
Nobody is going to heaven. Nobody is in heaven.

John 3:13 "And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven."

Acts 2:29-35 "Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear. For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, Until I make thy foes thy footstool."

Heaven "The Kingdom of" is coming to earth. :)
If you read John 3: 13 in context to the chapter Nicodemus asked a questions about the meaning of been "Bornagain" Jesus stated he couldn't understand because he was of the fleshly (logical mind) and to know have the spiritul mind ...........he needed to be BornAgain
By quoting v 13 Jesus was stating, no man physical has gone to heaven to know heavenly things but He (jesus) has come down to revel it to us through the Holy Ghost (once BornAgain)
King is David "dust" is still on the earth but his Spirit is now in his real body (divine) in heaven
In Acts 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, Peter (read in context) was stating King David did not go to heaven (physically) but had a Spiritual vision and you can only have Spiritual insight through Jesus for Peter stated in the next verse: Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
King David had the Spiritual insights in his life from the day the God choose him to the next King of Israel............the Spirit of the Lord was upon his life

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Children before the age of accountability if they die will either go to heaven, or they will cease to exist for they surely do not have punishment coming.

We are born innocent until we are at the age of accountability, which God knows that, and we would also know right from wrong in the proper perspective at that time.

Angels are ministering spirits sent to all who shall inherit salvation, and the angels always behold the face of the Father for the little ones, for they are protected spiritually before the age of accountability.

We are born innocent, and the sin of Adam and Eve does not come upon us when we are born, for everybody shall bear their own sins.

It would of never entered Adam and Eve's mind to eat off of the forbidden tree unless an outside source tempted them, so God allowed Satan to tempt Eve and she sinned, and then Eve was the outside source that tempted Adam by showing him she did not die and he sinned.

Then they knew good and evil, which means they had a choice how they would conduct themselves upon earth, so all their offspring is born with a choice, so they are born not knowing God, so they will do wrong before they come to God and repent, so all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.

So we are born innocent until we understand wrong and do it instead of the good.

So babies are born innocent with no sin attached to their record, which is why the Bible says the angels always behold the face of the Father for the little ones, but are born not knowing God, and will do wrong before they come to God and repent of the wrong.

Since babies are born innocent do they go to heaven, and the question is do they have a soul or not, for if they have a soul it would live forever, but if they do not have a soul until the age of accountability then they would cease to exist but not be punished.

If babies have a soul then they would be saved from birth, and they lost it only because they sinned before they ever acknowledged the truth of God, which everybody will do.

So are we born with a soul, or do we receive it later.

It kind of does not make sense that a baby would be saved for they did not have to go through any trials or tribulations, and the things a saint at the age of accountability has to go through, so it would seem like they would not qualify, for they knew nothing about it.

But they might be saved.

I tend to believe that they would be saved if they are born in to this world, and die before the age of accountability, but not saved as a miscarriage.

But I do not know, but I know they are born innocent with no sin on their record, and the angels always behold the face of the Father for the little ones, so they are protected spiritually until they do wrong with an understanding of it, and the angels are sent to the saints that shall inherit eternal life.
I don't quite understand what you mean by "not saved as a miscarriage". Why wouldn't they still be saved? It's not their fault that the mother had a miscarriage. If a baby is unborn, it doesn't have accountability, so I think a miscarriage WOULD qualify them as saved..

jb

Feb 27, 2010
Are children born saved?
Matt 19v14 states: "But Jesus said, "Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven."

The teaching from the lips of the Lord Jesus clearly states that little children (Greek, "paidía,") are members of the kingdom of Heaven, and so if they died (as little children) would go straight into the Presence of God in Heaven!

Simple!

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
1 Cor 15: 21 Forsince death came through a man, the resurrectionof the dead comes also through a man. 22For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.

Rom 7:7 What then shall we say? Is the Law sin? By no means! Indeed, I would not have been mindful of sin if not for the Law. For I would not have been aware of coveting if the Law had not said, “Do not covet.” 8But sin, seizing its opportunity through the commandment, produced in me every kind of covetous desire. For apart from the Law, sin is dead. 9Once I was alive apart from the Law; but when the commandment came, sin sprang to life and I died.

Simple. The atoning work was for everyone because everyone is in sin, but woe to those who reject the salvation of our Lord. A child lives apart from the law so sin has no sting in them, same as the people living in amazon.

Jimbone

Aug 22, 2014
I believe that our God is just, and anyone who has been/is/will be saved, is saved by Jesus blood. I believe that we are all born spiritually dead, we are not "born saved", but as many here have mentioned, the baby has a different capacity for thought, interpretation, and action. A just God as rich in love and mercy as our God has shown us He is by Jesus, is worthy of my trust and I trust my boys with Him, by His power and for His glory, with all my heart.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I believe that our God is just, and anyone who has been/is/will be saved, is saved by Jesus blood. I believe that we are all born spiritually dead, we are not "born saved", but as many here have mentioned, the baby has a different capacity for thought, interpretation, and action. A just God as rich in love and mercy as our God has shown us He is by Jesus, is worthy of my trust and I trust my boys with Him, by His power and for His glory, with all my heart.
precios.jpg

John146

Jan 13, 2016
This should get some interesting responses. If children are born saved, when did we loose our salvation and need to be saved again?
They are not born saved by the blood of Jesus for sins, for they have no knowledge of good or evil. No responsibility on them to choose Jesus Christ. They have no sins to be condemned for yet.

Mar 28, 2016
Babies in the womb are unaware of anything. They can't hear, they can't see. They can't recognize anything...
I would offer. God can give them the faith that comes from hearing His word. It can draw them to Him at God's appointed time .

It does not mean they are not born into bodies of death, temporal bodies as sinners.

God does not reveal all things , But to David he did reveal as a promise he would be with his child. It surprised his servants that David did eat his daily bread . Coming from the kind of fast of praying and hearing the gospel (good news) It would of seemed to drive out the demons of depression.

But when David saw that his servants whispered, David perceived that the child was dead: therefore David said unto his servants, Is the child dead? And they said, He is dead.Then David arose from the earth, and washed, and anointed himself, and changed his apparel, and came into the house of the Lord, and worshipped: then he came to his own house; and when he required, they set bread before him, and he did eat. Then said his servants unto him, What thing is this that thou hast done? thou didst fast and weep for the child, while it was alive; but when the child was dead, thou didst rise and eat bread.2 Samuel 12:19-21

This I beleive does not mean all babies become as born again before they see the light of this world . Remember as new creatures when we receive our new incorruptible bodies the former things of this earth will not be remembered or ever come to mind. The sadness of lost children ends the moment we give up the ghost He will dry up those tears . In that was the dead know nothing the first thing to go is their memory . Not our memory of them . To me that would be worse and tribulation of this world .(Alzheimer's )

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Genesis 8:21 -- "When the Lord smelled the pleasing aroma, He said to Himself, 'I will never again curse the ground because of man, even though man's inclination is evil from his youth."

I have seen some translations that have exchanged "birth" for "youth"...

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Psalm 58: 3 -- "The wicked go astray (are estranged) from the womb; those who speak lies go astray from birth."

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
A human only needs to be saved after they obtain the knowledge of good and evil and thus sin.. Babies are innocent and thus if they die before the attain the knowledge of good and evil they do not need the salvation of the LORD Jesus Christ..

During the time of the exodus the Hebrews went directly from Egypt to the border of promised land and sent in scouts to spy the land and of the scouts two came back with a good report.. But the Hebrews rejected the good report and refused to go into the promised land.. So God caused them to wander in the wilderness for 40 years until the generation that had rebelled against His will and refused to go into the promised land died.. But God said something very important about their little ones we read in context::

Deuteronomy 1: KJV
33 "Who went in the way before you, to search you out a place to pitch your tents in, in fire by night, to shew you by what way ye should go, and in a cloud by day. {34} And the LORD heard the voice of your words, and was wroth, and sware, saying, {35} Surely there shall not one of these men of this evil generation see that good land, which I sware to give unto your fathers, {36} Save Caleb the son of Jephunneh; he shall see it, and to him will I give the land that he hath trodden upon, and to his children, because he hath wholly followed the LORD. {37} Also the LORD was angry with me for your sakes, saying, Thou also shalt not go in thither. {38} But Joshua the son of Nun, which standeth before thee, he shall go in thither: encourage him: for he shall cause Israel to inherit it. {39} Moreover your little ones, which ye said should be a prey, and your children, which in that day had no knowledge between good and evil, they shall go in thither, and unto them will I give it, and they shall possess it. {40} But as for you, turn you, and take your journey into the wilderness by the way of the Red sea."

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
There have been many replies, mostly focusing on the spiritual status of the infant... whether "saved", "pure", "innocent", "sinless", or some other loose synonym.

IMHO, this is missing the point. God is a righteous Judge. His word states that before Him, none is righteous (Romans 3:10). Not a single human being is somehow above needing the blood of Christ offered in place of his or her own.

Therefore I would submit this: God does not hold infants accountable. He considers them covered by the blood of Christ. They are not innocent, righteous, or anything else of the sort. The same holds for those who for reason of mental incapacity are unable to process their own need for Christ. There is no clear Scripture on this matter, so we must trust in what is provided: the rhetorical question implies a positive answer: Will not the Judge of all the earth do right? (Genesis 18:25)

The question of those who never heard the gospel is an important and related topic, but it warrants a separate discussion.