Are curses still relevant to the Christians?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

FaithMan

Mar 26, 2014
Haha! That is the question. The short answer, they are judgments from God. You have to slice up the bucket of water and isolate uses of the term. So, we know about the colloquial uses of the word. Deuteronomy 28 is not talking about those. Then, to address the promise God gave Abraham, regarding those that curse him and his decedents. The word and context in Genesis 12:3 are broad, denoting an all-inclusive idea of any type of mistreatment or even dishonor. We see this borne out when examining this passage in multiple translations. Of course, when God curses those that curse Israel, He does so supernaturally.

Curses have certain attributes. They are all from God, and they are always supernatural judgements. They remain in effect until God ends them. The Lord did not bring all the curses in Deuteronomy 28 upon Israel for hundreds of years and then sent them into exile for 70 years—until He ended the curses. He didn’t break them. He fulfilled them.

If you go back and look at the first curses, you see that they all remain in effect until God ends them. The first three curses in Genesis are still in effect. Cain’s curse was in effect until he died. The flood was a temporary curse—yet the earth was subject to some permanent changes.

The real monkey wrench in the discussion is there are no examples of satanic curses in the Bible. They don’t exist. So, when people claim to be breaking satanic curses, they are involving themselves in something of which the Bible does not speak.

Curses only come from God. They are always supernatural. They usually establish a new normal in the recipients and remain in effect until God ends them.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
They are supernatural.
In response to Gandalf, his quote below

So the curses are a result of disobedience :) man is always guilty. It cannot be God my friend
I agree they are supernatural so they can only come from the supernatural realm. Being God or the forces of evil. Either God cursed Israel for disobedience or Satan did. Scripture doesn't give us an option. We only have God telling Israel if you disobey, you will be cursed.

You seem to be in line with my thinking so I'm not telling you anything you don't know. Really just speaking to the crowd.

Of course, there is the response of man that activates the judgement of God. But still it is God who supernaturally caused Israel to fall into the hands of their enemies.

Also this is the Old Testament and we must be careful not to assume and take commands or guidance directed at Israel to thinking they are directed at us as Christians. We can learn from their lives, mistakes, victories, lessons, Words of God, and God's character but not everything in old applies to the new.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Haha! That is the question. The short answer, they are judgments from God. You have to slice up the bucket of water and isolate uses of the term. So, we know about the colloquial uses of the word. Deuteronomy 28 is not talking about those. Then, to address the promise God gave Abraham, regarding those that curse him and his decedents. The word and context in Genesis 12:3 are broad, denoting an all-inclusive idea of any type of mistreatment or even dishonor. We see this borne out when examining this passage in multiple translations. Of course, when God curses those that curse Israel, He does so supernaturally.

Curses have certain attributes. They are all from God, and they are always supernatural judgements. They remain in effect until God ends them. The Lord did not bring all the curses in Deuteronomy 28 upon Israel for hundreds of years and then sent them into exile for 70 years—until He ended the curses. He didn’t break them. He fulfilled them.

If you go back and look at the first curses, you see that they all remain in effect until God ends them. The first three curses in Genesis are still in effect. Cain’s curse was in effect until he died. The flood was a temporary curse—yet the earth was subject to some permanent changes.

The real monkey wrench in the discussion is there are no examples of satanic curses in the Bible. They don’t exist. So, when people claim to be breaking satanic curses, they are involving themselves in something of which the Bible does not speak.

Curses only come from God. They are always supernatural. They usually establish a new normal in the recipients and remain in effect until God ends them.

Agree. I only see a curse used in two ways. From God or in the form of praying harm against someone in hopes a pagan god would answer.

From God:

Genesis 3:17 ESV
And to Adam he said, “Because you have listened to the voice of your wife and have eaten of the tree of which I commanded you, ‘You shall not eat of it,’ cursed is the ground because of you; in pain you shall eat of it all the days of your life;

Not from God:

Luke 6:28 ESV
Bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you.

Romans 12:14 ESV
Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them.

FaithMan

Mar 26, 2014
In response to Gandalf, his quote below

I agree they are supernatural so they can only come from the supernatural realm. Being God or the forces of evil. Either God cursed Israel for disobedience or Satan did. Scripture doesn't give us an option. We only have God telling Israel if you disobey, you will be cursed.

You seem to be in line with my thinking so I'm not telling you anything you don't know. Really just speaking to the crowd.

Of course, there is the response of man that activates the judgement of God. But still it is God who supernaturally caused Israel to fall into the hands of their enemies.

Also this is the Old Testament and we must be careful not to assume and take commands or guidance directed at Israel to thinking they are directed at us as Christians. We can learn from their lives, mistakes, victories, lessons, Words of God, and God's character but not everything in old applies to the new.
Well brother, before when can say that the scripture does not give us and option, we have to establish where the known curses from. There are simply no examples of satanic curses in the Bible. I spent years looking for examples of satanic curses and have not found any. Whenever I dialog with the proponents of satanic curses and ask them for examples, they can never provide any.

And let me say this, when I set out to study this issue, I assumed there were biblical examples of satanic curses. Eventually, I had to change my mind. I also had to change my mind about breaking curses. I assumed Galatians 3:13 was an example of Jesus breaking curses. However, and it took several years, I had to change my mind about that also.

I made mention of this early, but I am continually astonished at peoples emotional commitment to their ideas about curses. When ever I point out stark biblical truth, many of them become nothing short of hostile.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Legalism wasn't made up as the early church often had to deal with people trying to lead them back into the bondage of the law.

Galatians 4
8 Formerly, when you did not know God, you were slaves to those who by nature are not gods. 9 But now that you know God—or rather are known by God—how is it that you are turning back to those weak and miserable forces? Do you wish to be enslaved by them all over again? 10 You are observing special days and months and seasons and years! 11 I fear for you, that somehow I have wasted my efforts on you.

17 Those people are zealous to win you over, but for no good. What they want is to alienate you from us, so that you may have zeal for them.

21 Tell me, you who want to be under the law, are you not aware of what the law says?

Now do not misunderstand repentance is necessary in our walk but only relational. We are also saved not by good works but For good works.

Galatians 2:16
Yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified.

(We are only justified through faith in Christ Jesus. It is that simple. )

(Now in relevance to curses, if we do not abide by all things written then we are cursed. We escape this burden by Christ becoming the curse.)

Galatians 3:10-14
For all who rely on works of the law are under a curse; for it is written, “Cursed be everyone who does not abide by all things written in the Book of the Law, and do them.” Now it is evident that no one is justified before God by the law, for “The righteous shall live by faith.” But the law is not of faith, rather “The one who does them shall live by them.” Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us—for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who is hanged on a tree”— so that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promised Spirit through faith.

To abide in Christ is to believe the Words in the Bible. We must understand what read by the context and Biblical hermeneutics. There is harmony between faith alone, Christ alone, grace, good works, repentance, etc.

Yes, this is the process of sanctification.

Romans 11:6
But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works, otherwise grace is no longer grace.
repentance isn’t an afterthought is the thing and it isn’t a work of the law the law didn’t allow for confession and repentance it required death.

repentance requires us to stop working in the flesh

“Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭5:19-21‬ ‭KJV‬‬

we can’t keep doing those things lol that’s not a work of the law it’s repentance. And it’s basic doctrine

“Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭6:1‬ ‭KJV‬‬

a sentance from Paul elsewhere isn’t going to change it

when you say grace it seems like your saying it has nothing to do with walking in the works Christ set before us

“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭2:8, 10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

when you say saved by grace this is what is included

“For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works. These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.”
‭‭Titus‬ ‭2:11-15‬ ‭KJV‬

we aren’t saved by the word grace but this grace

“For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.”
‭‭John‬ ‭1:17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

the gospel is gods grace that teaches us to repent and live right that’s what saves us it brings us to repentance so we don’t go to jidgement carrying our sins we can repent now and be saved then

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Well brother, before when can say that the scripture does not give us and option, we have to establish where the known curses from. There are simply no examples of satanic curses in the Bible. I spent years looking for examples of satanic curses and have not found any. Whenever I dialog with the proponents of satanic curses and ask them for examples, they can never provide any.

And let me say this, when I set out to study this issue, I assumed there were biblical examples of satanic curses. Eventually, I had to change my mind. I also had to change my mind about breaking curses. I assumed Galatians 3:13 was an example of Jesus breaking curses. However, and it took several years, I had to change my mind about that also.

I made mention of this early, but I am continually astonished at peoples emotional commitment to their ideas about curses. When ever I point out stark biblical truth, many of them become nothing short of hostile.
Yes, this was my response,

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
repentance isn’t an afterthought is the thing and it isn’t a work of the law the law didn’t allow for confession and repentance it required death.

repentance requires us to stop working in the flesh

“Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭5:19-21‬ ‭KJV‬‬

we can’t keep doing those things lol that’s not a work of the law it’s repentance. And it’s basic doctrine

“Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭6:1‬ ‭KJV‬‬

a sentance from Paul elsewhere isn’t going to change it

when you say grace it seems like your saying it has nothing to do with walking in the works Christ set before us

“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭2:8, 10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

when you say saved by grace this is what is included

“For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works. These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.”
‭‭Titus‬ ‭2:11-15‬ ‭KJV‬

we aren’t saved by the word grace but this grace

“For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.”
‭‭John‬ ‭1:17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

the gospel is gods grace that teaches us to repent and live right that’s what saves us it brings us to repentance so we don’t go to jidgement carrying our sins we can repent now and be saved then
I think there is some misunderstanding somewhere because I have explained the need for repentance and sanctification.

Do you in this moment believe you will go to Heaven? Any why?

FaithMan

Mar 26, 2014
Yes, this was my response,

You think Satan might have cursed Israel for disobedience? That's absurd. That would be a kingdom divided against itself.

Your response is simply not cogent. I am happy to have these conversations as long as they follow logic, this one no longer does.

I'll make you deal, you find and example of a fulfilled satanic curse and we will talk about that. If not, have a good day.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
You think Satan might have cursed Israel for disobedience? That's absurd. That would be a kingdom divided against itself.

Your response is simply not cogent. I am happy to have these conversations as long as they follow logic, this one no longer does.

I'll make you deal, you find and example of a fulfilled satanic curse and we will talk about that. If not, have a good day.
You are failing to understand my quote.

I was pointing out you only have two forces in the supernatural. God and Satan.

Either God cursed Israel for disobedience or Satan did.

This is a statement not me claiming Satan is the culprit. I said either to show we only have two choices.

And then I answer my statement.

We only have God telling Israel if you disobey, you will be cursed.

We only have God.

Not sure where the confusion is at.

FaithMan

Mar 26, 2014
Perhaps I misunderstood. Sorry if I did. On this subject, parameters matter. Any conversation suggesting that Satan can curse, is a waste of time.

Regardless, am making about 20 lbs of andouille sausage today so play time is over.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Curses have certain attributes. They are all from God, and they are always supernatural judgements.

Gee... the Bible says otherwise:

Genesis 9:25 "he (Noah) said, “Cursed be Canaan! The lowest of slaves will he be to his brothers.” "

Genesis 27:29 "May those who curse you be cursed and those who bless you be blessed.”

Exodus 21:17 “Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death."

Exodus 22:28 “Do not blaspheme God or curse the ruler of your people."

Leviticus 19:14 “‘Do not curse the deaf or put a stumbling block in front of the blind, but fear your God. I am the Lord."

Leviticus 20:9 “‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death. Because they have cursed their father or mother, their blood will be on their own head."

Leviticus 24:11 The son of the Israelite woman blasphemed the Name with a curse; so they brought him to Moses. (His mother’s name was Shelomith, the daughter of Dibri the Danite.)

Leviticus 24:15 Say to the Israelites: ‘Anyone who curses their God will be held responsible;

Joshua 6:26 At that time Joshua pronounced this solemn oath: “Cursed before the Lord is the one who undertakes to rebuild this city, Jericho: “At the cost of his firstborn son he will lay its foundations; at the cost of his youngest he will set up its gates.”

Joshua 9:23 (Joshua) You are now under a curse: You will never be released from service as woodcutters and water carriers for the house of my God.”

Judges 9:57 God also made the people of Shechem pay for all their wickedness. The curse of Jotham son of Jerub-Baal came on them.

I could go on, but I've made my point. The Bible is replete with humans uttering curses. God is not the only one who does so.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016

Genesis 9:25 "he (Noah) said, “Cursed be Canaan! The lowest of slaves will he be to his brothers.” "

Genesis 27:29 "May those who curse you be cursed and those who bless you be blessed.”

Leviticus 19:14 “‘Do not curse the deaf or put a stumbling block in front of the blind, but fear your God. I am the Lord."

Leviticus 20:9 “‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death. Because they have cursed their father or mother, their blood will be on their own head."

Leviticus 24:11 The son of the Israelite woman blasphemed the Name with a curse; so they brought him to Moses. (His mother’s name was Shelomith, the daughter of Dibri the Danite.)

Leviticus 24:15 Say to the Israelites: ‘Anyone who curses their God will be held responsible;

Joshua 6:26 At that time Joshua pronounced this solemn oath: “Cursed before the Lord is the one who undertakes to rebuild this city, Jericho: “At the cost of his firstborn son he will lay its foundations; at the cost of his youngest he will set up its gates.”

Joshua 9:23 (Joshua) You are now under a curse: You will never be released from service as woodcutters and water carriers for the house of my God.”

Judges 9:57 God also made the people of Shechem pay for all their wickedness. The curse of Jotham son of Jerub-Baal came on them.

I could go on, but I've made my point. The Bible is replete with humans uttering curses. God is not the only one who does so.
Would you say a curse by God is different than a curse uttered by men?

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
I think there is some misunderstanding somewhere because I have explained the need for repentance and sanctification.

Do you in this moment believe you will go to Heaven? Any why?
“because I have explained the need for repentance and sanctification.”

yep I have also it’s necassary we can’t be saved without it was my only point and it seems like you agree ?
so that’s good but repentance hasn’t anything to do with sanctification that’s belief in the word and blood that sanctifies .

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭10:17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

this was Paul’s mission

“To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭26:18‬ ‭KJV‬‬

we have the word

“Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. Abide in me, and I in you.

As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.”
‭‭John‬ ‭15:3-4, 6-8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

And We have the blood

“Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭13:12‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Do you in this moment believe you will go to Heaven?”

who am I to decide and judge myself innocent ? or reward myself with his kingdom ?

“For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord. Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts:

and then shall every man have praise of God.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭4:4-5‬ ‭KJV‬‬

I don’t have the authority to judge myself innocent and saved like many have. Im trusting this truth

“For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭5:10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living. For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭14:9, 11-12‬ ‭

“Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭6:9-10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭3:7‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭5:5-6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

I’m trusting that that’s all true so then repentance becomes essential and I’m thankful for it but if we can’t acknolwedge the truth well Never find it

“In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.”
‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭2:25-26‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Jesus is my judge and so I have to be his disciple and learn from him what to believe about salvstion that’s why he came to teach man about it and I sure do hope to be part of his kingdom that’s all I want from life to stand and hear him welcome me home I wait for the Hope ahead but he’s the judge

So I believe in this and every moment that Jesus Christ will judge me according to faith that is in him meaning according to this eternal word not moses or anyone else’s but his word the lord and judge of all Mankind

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:24‬ ‭

I believe that’s where salvation is

But if I were to reject his word I believe I would be here

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.”
‭‭John‬ ‭12:48-50‬ ‭KJV‬‬

So when Jesus teaches something I believe it and let him work in me to change my mind but I don’t look for ways to change or disregard it

if I were to reject repentance and obedience to the gospel no I don’t think I’m going to be special and not judged by my deeds I’m going to be judged by what the lord Made clear is my belief so I press forward in Hope but hope that’s doing in his word

I don’t think we’re that far away brother I was just making my point repentance is necassary needful , paramount it’s not an option or afterthought ( not that you were saying that ) but my point is and was whenever a Christian knows they have done wrong they shouldn’t pretend they haven’t they should acknowledge it to God from the heart knowing it was wrong and like John says he is faithful and will forgive us who are in him

FaithMan

Mar 26, 2014

Gee, as usual, you have made an erroneous point. At first, I thought you were not willing to follow the conversation. Now, I see you are unable.

For someone like you, I would suggest reading things over and over until they sink in. You are committing the classic logical fallacy of confusion of categories. You are confusing different uses and meanings of the word “curse” with supernatural curses effected by the Lord.

It’s not an entirely simple subject, yet it is harder to grasp by some than others.

Let me suggest some homework for you that should help you follow along, and I will try to separate these out in comfortable bite sized chunks. Okay?

Separate God issued and empowered curses into its own category.

Then separate curses issued by God’s prophets that are empowered by God into another.

Then separate curses issued by people who are not God’s prophets or servants into yet another.

Finally, create a category of satanically issued, fulfilled curses and populate it with your findings.

I owe you an apology, while I addressed each of these issues in my post in question, I didn’t do so at a primary grade school level which I now see you require. Forgive me. I will try to keep that in mind from this point forward and will endeavor to communicate at a simpler level.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
“because I have explained the need for repentance and sanctification.”

yep I have also it’s necassary we can’t be saved without it was my only point and it seems like you agree ?
so that’s good but repentance hasn’t anything to do with sanctification that’s belief in the word and blood that sanctifies .

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭10:17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

this was Paul’s mission

“To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭26:18‬ ‭KJV‬‬

we have the word

“Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. Abide in me, and I in you.

As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.”
‭‭John‬ ‭15:3-4, 6-8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

And We have the blood

“Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭13:12‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Do you in this moment believe you will go to Heaven?”

who am I to decide and judge myself innocent ? or reward myself with his kingdom ?

“For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord. Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts:

and then shall every man have praise of God.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭4:4-5‬ ‭KJV‬‬

I don’t have the authority to judge myself innocent and saved like many have. Im trusting this truth

“For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭5:10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living. For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭14:9, 11-12‬ ‭

“Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭6:9-10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭3:7‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭5:5-6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

I’m trusting that that’s all true so then repentance becomes essential and I’m thankful for it but if we can’t acknolwedge the truth well Never find it

“In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.”
‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭2:25-26‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Jesus is my judge and so I have to be his disciple and learn from him what to believe about salvstion that’s why he came to teach man about it and I sure do hope to be part of his kingdom that’s all I want from life to stand and hear him welcome me home I wait for the Hope ahead but he’s the judge

So I believe in this and every moment that Jesus Christ will judge me according to faith that is in him meaning according to this eternal word not moses or anyone else’s but his word the lord and judge of all Mankind

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:24‬ ‭

I believe that’s where salvation is

But if I were to reject his word I believe I would be here

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.”
‭‭John‬ ‭12:48-50‬ ‭KJV‬‬

So when Jesus teaches something I believe it and let him work in me to change my mind but I don’t look for ways to change or disregard it

if I were to reject repentance and obedience to the gospel no I don’t think I’m going to be special and not judged by my deeds I’m going to be judged by what the lord Made clear is my belief so I press forward in Hope but hope that’s doing in his word

I don’t think we’re that far away brother I was just making my point repentance is necassary needful , paramount it’s not an option or afterthought ( not that you were saying that ) but my point is and was whenever a Christian knows they have done wrong they shouldn’t pretend they haven’t they should acknowledge it to God from the heart knowing it was wrong and like John says he is faithful and will forgive us who are in him
Yeah we are close so I'll leave it that. Appreciate it.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Gee, as usual, you have made an erroneous point. At first, I thought you were not willing to follow the conversation. Now, I see you are unable.
I see you are unable to be respectful in your responses.