Are Roman Catholics Christians

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 12, 2015
Men have and will continue to impose their will and agendas on "God".
(y)(y)(y)

Where else do you think they received the authority to conduct all of their massive conquests and killings? They claimed it was God's will, all done in the name of God.

Point is that you are still using their book.... yet claim you have nothing to do with them.
You can't throw out God simply because men abuse His word...
You can't say God doesn't exist because men are evil hypocrites...
And you can't dismiss God because men add their own thoughts to scripture...

You don't do this with anything else in life do you?

S

Seedz

What did Thomas call Jesus?

What does the word immanuel mean?
Just because Thomas said it, it doesn't make it true.

Did you John is the main gospel that really tries to push Deity on Jesus, why are the other gospels not similar in this fashion?

Emmanuel allegedly means God is with us. Not "Jesus is God"....

I suggest you look at both sides of the argument if you truly believe it won't shift your faith.

E

eternally-gratefull

I left the "church" long ago, my friend.

I read the book for myself, I was left very confused.

I've prayed, fasted, "spoke in tongues", the holy spirit "interceded" for me in prayer.... etc.. still confused, still don't understand.

I was the type of person to preach the good news to strangers, was involved in my local ministry, prayed for the sick, did my best to grow spiritually according to the word, etc. But somehow, I now don't believe anymore. This is recent too. You can find some old posts of me here....

You ignore most of my questions and you only respond with the same blanket statement...
Blah blah,

Thats all i hear, blank accusations with no proof, just conjecture, and when people try to explain things to you this is what they get in return.

I responded to those questions, if you did not like the way i answered them, is that my fault?

Non of those things proved you ever were in a real church, as jesus said, many in that day will come saying have we not prophsied and done all these things in your name, jesus will say, depart, I NEVER KNEW YOU.

Find out why they never knew them like most of us did when stopped listening to churches and started seeking answers from God.

Nov 12, 2015
Gosh, seedz, you have intrigued me and I wish I could stay and talk with you some more, but I have to go work.

I see some of what you are saying but I also see what I think is a crucial mistake in your...equation.

I hope I'm not too tired after work to apply my mind to your posts. I tend to not think best after much physical labor. :(:)

S

Seedz

(y)(y)(y)

You can't throw out God simply because men abuse His word...
You can't say God doesn't exist because men are evil hypocrites...
And you can't dismiss God because men add their own thoughts to scripture...

You don't do this with anything else in life do you?
Did I say God doesn't exist?

Come on, I just said I was a "heathen", not an atheist.

I am not throwing out God, I am throwing out man's version of God.

I don't think scripture is an infallible as I was brainwashed to believe.

I do know we are all corporate slaves in one way or another and that we merely have an illusion of choice. I know that man kind is exploited for their labor efforts, and that the ones truly running this joint don't give a crap about humanity. Yet it is likely that this corporate/government entity spans back millennia and what better way than to control thought and productivity than through an idea based on fear, guilt and insecurity.

Just my 2 cents.

S

Seedz

Gosh, seedz, you have intrigued me and I wish I could stay and talk with you some more, but I have to go work.

I see some of what you are saying but I also see what I think is a crucial mistake in your...equation.

I hope I'm not too tired after work to apply my mind to your posts. I tend to not think best after much physical labor. :(:)
I'd love to hear about my crucial mistake, feel free to DM me some time.

S

Seedz

Blah blah,

Thats all i hear, blank accusations with no proof, just conjecture, and when people try to explain things to you this is what they get in return.

I responded to those questions, if you did not like the way i answered them, is that my fault?

Non of those things proved you ever were in a real church, as jesus said, many in that day will come saying have we not prophsied and done all these things in your name, jesus will say, depart, I NEVER KNEW YOU.

Find out why they never knew them like most of us did when stopped listening to churches and started seeking answers from God.
Of course you know me and my life....

E

eternally-gratefull

Just because Thomas said it, it doesn't make it true.
THe fact jesus did not correct him lets us know jesus agreed, or jesus was a dciever by not correcting him wanting pople to think he wqs god,

Did you John is the main gospel that really tries to push Deity on Jesus, why are the other gospels not similar in this fashion?
So we should. Ot trust john and throw his gospel and three epistles out?

Emmanuel allegedly means God is with us. Not "Jesus is God"....
So the name means god with us in the person of jesus, but he is not really god with us??

Jesus said before abraham was, he always existed, who else but God always existed?

I suggest you look at both sides of the argument if you truly believe it won't shift your faith.
I have, i can even give you some OT passages which prove jesus was the God of Israel

I think you need to stop assuming people have not studied these things out, With an open mind including hearing all sides,

E

eternally-gratefull

Of course you know me and my life....
As much as you know me,

It goes both ways my friend

I just responded based on the things you said.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Does the bible directly say JESUS = GOD?

Show me the passage. My point is a lot of what you think you know, was taught by someone else and you take that on faith and don't ever look into it further.
John 1:1 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 - And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

John 10:30 - I and [my] Father are one.

Isaiah 9:6 - For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

John 20:28 - And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

John 8:58 - Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

PurpleCandles

Jun 23, 2018
I was told by a priest that the biggest mistake the Catholic Church made was to give the Bible to the ordinary uneducated people.
He said to understand the Bible correctly one needed to spend many years in seminary. He said all of today's sects and denominations came out from the Catholic Church. He said they were all established by people who failed to understand the scriptures in the right way.
All of this sounds true to a person who has never studied the Bible.
The priest never encouraged us to study the Bible, because it was their job to tell us what it all means. He knew that if I studied the Bible it would expose Roman Catholicism as being Antichrist.
You can't believe what the Bible teaches and also believe what the RCC teaches as they contradict each other.

The Bible says let every man be a liar and let God be true.
At one time when church, RCC, and state, the crown, were united it was a death penalty offense to own a copy of the bible. Which meant the rich risked all. Because they were the only ones that not only could afford a copy but, were the only literate citizens under the crowns authority.

Great post Danny!
What the popes of history including the first Jesuit in the church history don't realize is that to others they are seen for what they are. Satanists. The adversary, the adverse of all that Christ actually taught and died to seal forever. Think of the countless souls lost due to allegiance to the RCC. Much less those martyred in its name. And of course those whom it slaughtered to give its name supremacy in the lands of conquest.
Think of the billions right now headed for damnation while wearing a crucifix or fingering rosary beads. An every last pope, every last priest, and every last nun, will answer for it when they're dead.

While I think God will have mercy on those who die as Catholics. Because he knows they were sheep led to the slaughter by very rich self-absorbed power mad wolves. At least it is my hope for them.
Let the wolves take the weight for all that they knowingly did.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
At one time when church, RCC, and state, the crown, were united it was a death penalty offense to own a copy of the bible. Which meant the rich risked all. Because they were the only ones that not only could afford a copy but, were the only literate citizens under the crowns authority.

Great post Danny!
What the popes of history including the first Jesuit in the church history don't realize is that to others they are seen for what they are. Satanists. The adversary, the adverse of all that Christ actually taught and died to seal forever. Think of the countless souls lost due to allegiance to the RCC. Much less those martyred in its name. And of course those whom it slaughtered to give its name supremacy in the lands of conquest.
Think of the billions right now headed for damnation while wearing a crucifix or fingering rosary beads. An every last pope, every last priest, and every last nun, will answer for it when they're dead.

While I think God will have mercy on those who die as Catholics. Because he knows they were sheep led to the slaughter by very rich self-absorbed power mad wolves. At least it is my hope for them.
Let the wolves take the weight for all that they knowingly did.
I agree, only satanist doing that, no Protestant church plan one world government. One world government is a strong sign of satanic. Rev 13 tell that lucifer behind one world government, why catholic promot it

Only one conclusion, catholic work for lucifer.

S

Seedz

John 1:1 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 - And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

John 10:30 - I and [my] Father are one.

Isaiah 9:6 - For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

John 20:28 - And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

John 8:58 - Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
Yup....

S

Seedz

I agree, only satanist doing that, no Protestant church plan one world government. One world government is a strong sign of satanic. Rev 13 tell that lucifer behind one world government, why catholic promot it

Much bigger than that....

PurpleCandles

Jun 23, 2018

I don't think all Catholics are aware of this being they're largely indoctrinated , baptized, as infants into the church. However, I do know that if anyone is aware it is the pope and all the highest ranking below that office. Frank is really pushing for ecumenism now. Including overcoming the bible teachings against sexual immorality and unbelief.

I think there is a reason all those high ranking cardinals elected a Jesuit to highest office for the first time ever. And really Jesuits aren't ranked as RC's.

E

eternally-gratefull

Thats assuming things not known

The bible says the antichrist will destroy all organized religion, i wouod think that means the catholic church also,

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
I don't think all Catholics are aware of this being they're largely indoctrinated , baptized, as infants into the church. However, I do know that if anyone is aware it is the pope and all the highest ranking below that office. Frank is really pushing for ecumenism now. Including overcoming the bible teachings against sexual immorality and unbelief.

I think there is a reason all those high ranking cardinals elected a Jesuit to highest office for the first time ever. And really Jesuits aren't ranked as RC's.
Yep, they also want one world religion to support one world government. I heard it for long time

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Thats assuming things not known

The bible says the antichrist will destroy all organized religion, i wouod think that means the catholic church also,
But we have to remember 1. antichrist rule the world, catholic promote one world government

2. Antichrist destroy all religions, pope promote one world religion, if there is one world religion, every religion, include catholic will diminish

Stronger sign catholic work for lucifer

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
Let's just admit that Christianity is a pretty complex subject and straight answers don't really exist because of the evident confusion and variety in doctrine, denominations, and faiths...... I swear, you can find an apparent justification for almost all denominations, they can all point in the good book why they are right in believing what they believe.
S...,
The Bible is simple and clear as relates to what I need to know for eternal salvation. It is genrerally man which makes the balance complex...without cause or reason.
I'm not convinced that G-d appreciates the latter.

E

eternally-gratefull

But we have to remember 1. antichrist rule the world, catholic promote one world government

2. Antichrist destroy all religions, pope promote one world religion, if there is one world religion, every religion, include catholic will diminish

Stronger sign catholic work for lucifer

The antichrist declairs himself to be the messiah, even rome would never support him, i believe she will be destroyed before he sets himself up in the holy of holys, the catholic church would be hard pressed to support the biblical antichrist.