First off, God views every person, even the absolute most evil person who has ever lived on this earth to be worthy of his only sons blood!!
Second I might say that we have no business saying who can or who can’t be part of CHRISTS CHURCH. It is his church, he purchased it with HIS OWN BLOOD, not ours.
Third, its not our place to judge anyone, but to be humble servants and to show love to EVERYONE.
Jesus said very plainly in the verses below that he especially welcomes sinners, but not the self righteous who think their behaviors qualify them to be worthy of him.
Mark 2:15-17English Standard Version (ESV)
15 And as he reclined at table in his house, many tax collectors and sinners were reclining with Jesus and his disciples, for there were many who followed him. 16 And the scribes of[a] the Pharisees, when they saw that he was eating with sinners and tax collectors, said to his disciples, “Why does he eat with tax collectors and sinners?” 17 And when Jesus heard it, he said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I came not to call the righteous, but sinners.”
Matthew 9:10-13English Standard Version (ESV)
10 And as Jesus[a] reclined at table in the house, behold, many tax collectors and sinners came and were reclining with Jesus and his disciples. 11 And when the Pharisees saw this, they said to his disciples, “Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?” 12 But when he heard it, he said, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. 13 Go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, and not sacrifice.’ For I came not to call the righteous, but sinners.”
Sex offenders are painted with a extremely wide brush, one size definitely don’t fit all. Even if once size did fit all, anyone who repents of such sin, believes, confesses can be baptized into the body of Christ for the remission of their sins, would be justified in the sight of God. Who are we to condemn a person who God calls clean? We are all unworthy and all sinners, but only by the gift of grace we are justified!! We shouldn't minimize our own sins while magnifying other peoples, especially brothers and sisters in Christ.
Luke 18:9-14English Standard Version (ESV)
The Pharisee and the Tax Collector
9 He also told this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and treated others with contempt: 10 “Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee, standing by himself, prayed[a] thus: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I get.’ 13 But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’ 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified, rather than the other. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted.”
Are we really forgiven or are we “kinda forgiven” as long as someone is keeping an eye on you!?!?! I think we fail to trust God enough sometimes, and think that we humans can use our own wisdom and strength to protect us from the enemy. I am definitely not condoning sex offenses or any other sin, but I don’t believe that anyone should have to wear any sort of public label as a lifetime requirement, especially among brothers and sisters in Christ. If one is forgiven in the sight of God, then we should treat them as such (in my opinion)