Are the Ten Commandments still valid today?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lil-rush

And we sin, why? When?

When we break the Law...the same Law that we are incapable of EVER keeping.

THAT'S why Jesus died.
Just so you know, it sounds like you are trying to say Jesus died for the laws instead of dying for our sins.

L

Leilaii425

Not only are the Ten commandments still valid, but the other 603 commandments in the Torah are as well.

Matthew 5:17-20

603! how is one to remember all of them not to break them

B

Buddee

Just so you know, it sounds like you are trying to say Jesus died for the laws instead of dying for our sins.

Your assessment would be incorrect.

D

Definition_Christ

Galations 2
11 Now when Peter had come to Antioch, I withstood him to his face, because he was to be blamed;
12 for before certain men came from James, he would eat with the Gentiles; but when they came, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing those who were of the circumcision.
13 And the rest of the Jews also played the hypocrite with him, so that even Barnabas was carried away with their hypocrisy.
14 But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, “If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews?
15 We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles,
16 knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.
17 “But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not!
18 For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.
19 For I through the law died to the law that I might live to God.
20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
21 I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain.”

Dec 24, 2008
Jesus took all the 900 and some Old Testament Laws and rolled them into two.........love God and love your neighbor.............if you do those two, you won't be breaking any of the ten commandments anyway.

A

Aliciaforjesus

Jesus took all the 900 and some Old Testament Laws and rolled them into two.........love God and love your neighbor.............if you do those two, you won't be breaking any of the ten commandments anyway.
This is true!
It's all about the love!

Loving others is obeying the word of God and it is the only way to prove you know God, without it, you have a lot of head knowledge and rules that kill. Head knowledge puffs up but love edifies.
Jesus came knowing we all fall short, and He gave us the way to the Father, and that way is through Jesus. Our trust is in Him, not in ourselves, we can not save ourselves by doing what we think will get us into heaven. We change as He loves us, there is no other way. He is the one who can free you from the Law of sin and death, and He does it as He reveals, His love.
God is love!
Abiding in this love takes away the death sentence produced by the law.
There is no law when you abide in love, for God is love and those who love are of God.
Love is what binds us together, and with love, and in love, there is no being tossed to and fro with every wind of doctrine. It is a sure foundation because God is love!

Status
Not open for further replies.