Are there single Christian girls in Finland ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

Godsgirl83

But you probably dont struggle as much as me. You have even accepted it !
but you haven't taken the time to get to know her or what she's been through or even LISTEN when she tries to share how she got to a place of accepting where she is.
You have no idea what her struggle has been,
but you probably don't want to take the time to find out.

G

Godsgirl83

Just tell me: Is wanting a Christian girlfriend really being greedy ?
Well, like I said before, I haven't read this from the beginning, so in case I missed something why don't you explain what you think a Christian girlfriend is?.....
or even just a Christian for that matter.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
@seoulsearch has struggled much. By the grace of God she has persevered. In my estimation she is a survivor type. It took years to reach the point where she is now able to share her insight based on her life experiences. Ignore her wise counsel at your own peril.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
So you are ok with that. People are arguing with me just for wanting that.
No one is arguing with you at all. Various members have offered counsel and suggestions but none of it appears to sink in or something for you to consider. What you are seeing now is frustration.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Please just tell me sincerely, whats even wrong with wanting a girlfriend ??? Like Im not asking anything of the other world. Im not asking to be the richest man in the world. Im not asking to be the strongest man in the world. Im not asking a trip to the Moon. Im not asking an olympic medal. Im asking, A CHRISTIAN GIRLFRIEND ! Whats seriously wrong with that ?!
The problem seems to be that you have made an idol of it.

You also admit it is not possible in your situation since no single women in your country are acceptable to you, while rejecting making any change to your parameters such as meeting someone online or looking someplace where there actually are Christian women around your age who could possibly be acceptable to you... which would not in any way guarantee that you would be acceptable to any of them. Despite what you freely admit to be the impossibility of your situation, you persist in your demands and adamantly refuse to entertain any notion of changing your goals, which really comes across as quite irrational and ill considered.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Lol.

Your lack of ability to perceive anything about others is astounding.

You expect a magical, perfect Christian girl to land on your doorstep, all within a 2-foot diameter of where you live, while simultaneously living up to a jumbo toilet paper roll-sized list of your demands and wants.

You repeatedly ask for advice, yet refuse to try anything other than your own ideas, and as I said before, you've set a parameter of how and where you will search to be about the size of a dinner plate.

I have tried every avenue one can suggest. I've been part of multiple churches -- not to shop for dates, but because that's where life took me -- and have been part of multiple groups, classes, volunteer work, and areas of service.

I've tried live dating services, online dating services, being part of social circles, pursuing hobbies in the hopes of meeting people -- I am not an expert by any means, but you name it, and I've probably tried it.

And I am by nature, very much an introvert, so much of this is forced and very unnatural to me, but I get up and do it. My life has been very much about kicking me out of any comfort zone I might have had a brief moment to cling to.

I've traveled all across the USA to meet people. I've been willing to do long distance or even relocate, but nothing has worked out. I've put in countless extra hours at work, or picked up additional jobs to be able to pay for it and never be a financial burden to a man. I now usually pay for both of us on a first date, no matter who asked, so that no guy can ever say I used him for something, let alone a free dinner.

There was a time when I wanted to meet someone overseas, but one day he ghosted me out of nowhere and I have no idea what I did that turned him off.

I have compromised my boundaries and values for the sake of not being alone, but regretted it every time. I'm just thankful I've had family and friends to help kick me back into gear.

No, I don't accept singleness without one HECK of a fight, even now. Covid might have slowed me down, but it won't stop me. Next year I am hoping to meet with yet another wonderful, amazing group of people from this very site.

So please, don't even think about telling me that I don't try, or that I just accept my conditions.

You, however, are pretty much rolling over and insisting upon playing dead -- all because it brings you the attention you desire.

If God won't open a door to the right person for you, good luck trying to kick it open.

But as for me, I will never stop searching for doors. Sometimes I think the reason God has kept me single is to act as a counterpart to stories like yours.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Just tell me: Is wanting a Christian girlfriend really being greedy ?
In your case, yes.

Because you want her to fix you and do all the work for you that you refuse to do for yourself.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
@seoulsearch has struggled much. By the grace of God she has persevered. In my estimation she is a survivor type. It took years to reach the point where she is now able to share her insight based on her life experiences. Ignore her wise counsel at your own peril.
Smile.

Thank you so much, Tourist. I greatly appreciate all the support you and your lovely wife give to us singles.

I know Kauko would never do this, but if he would even glance at my over 13,000 posts on this site, he would see how much I very much do not just sit back and accept my situation.

But even my extreme stubbornness is no match for God's will.

And in the end, whether single or married, it is that which, of course, we must accept above all else, whether or not our situation changes.

G

Godsgirl83

Lol.

Your lack of ability to perceive anything about others is astounding.

You expect a magical, perfect Christian girl to land on your doorstep, all within a 2-foot diameter of where you live, while simultaneously living up to a jumbo toilet paper roll-sized list of your demands and wants.

You repeatedly ask for advice, yet refuse to try anything other than your own ideas, and as I said before, you've set a parameter of how and where you will search to be about the size of a dinner plate.

I have tried every avenue one can suggest. I've been part of multiple churches -- not to shop for dates, but because that's where life took me -- and have been part of multiple groups, classes, volunteer work, and areas of service.

I've tried live dating services, online dating services, being part of social circles, pursuing hobbies in the hopes of meeting people -- I am not an expert by any means, but you name it, and I've probably tried it.

And I am by nature, very much an introvert, so much of this is forced and very unnatural to me, but I get up and do it. My life has been very much about kicking me out of any comfort zone I might have had a brief moment to cling to.

I've traveled all across the USA to meet people. I've been willing to do long distance or even relocate, but nothing has worked out. I've put in countless extra hours at work, or picked up additional jobs to be able to pay for it and never be a financial burden to a man. I now usually pay for both of us on a first date, no matter who asked, so that no guy can ever say I used him for something, let alone a free dinner.

There was a time when I wanted to meet someone overseas, but one day he ghosted me out of nowhere and I have no idea what I did that turned him off.

I have compromised my boundaries and values for the sake of not being alone, but regretted it every time. I'm just thankful I've had family and friends to help kick me back into gear.

No, I don't accept singleness without one HECK of a fight, even now. Covid might have slowed me down, but it won't stop me. Next year I am hoping to meet with yet another wonderful, amazing group of people from this very site.

So please, don't even think about telling me that I don't try, or that I just accept my conditions.

You, however, are pretty much rolling over and insisting upon playing dead -- all because it brings you the attention you desire.

If God won't open a door to the right person for you, good luck trying to kick it open.

But as for me, I will never stop searching for doors. Sometimes I think the reason God has kept me single is to act as a counterpart to stories like yours.
The little reaction "winner" ribbon is not sufficient for this.
It really deserves something more like:

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
and had you never shared this, I never would've guessed (and I know I'm not the only one)
Writing makes it very easy to hide.

For me, writing unlocks all the thoughts I normally have or choose to keep to myself.

I've often said that I am an introvert who can masquerade as an extrovert when needed. I have a deep need to understand people, and this often overrides my natural introverted nature, most especially by writing.

During the pandemic, I was often completely by myself except for the friends I talk to online and, if available, weekly church services, but of course all you could do was wave at other people from across the room.

If you've ever seen the Fantastic 4 movies in which Jessica Alba plays Susan Storm, you'll see that she can throw out huge bursts of energy in a force field, but if she does it with too much effort all at once or for too long, it starts to cause damage and her nose starts to bleed.

For me, forcing myself to be be a temporarily "impersonate an extrovert" is a lot like that, and when I start to feel the damage setting in, I often withdraw from everyone and everything, sometimes for vast amounts of time.

Thank you so much for your kind words, Godsgirl, and for always sharing your wisdom about marriage and family life. I appreciate you and so many other regulars here. *heart*

It's a shame that @Kauko doesn't realize it, but many of us here have been on this site for a bit and often get to know a lot of people on this site on a continual basis. Some of us even eventually decide to meet up in person, or, as we get to know others here, might even introduce them to others we think they might hit it off with, and who knows what could happen from there? :) It's all up to God. Many of us enjoy building community here and are happy to try to introduce good-hearted singles to new friends or even a possible significant other.

But as long time singles, we are also very familiar with, what Lynx would say, "more red flags than a Chinese parade", and are cautious about whom we would recommend that our friends and contacts might want to PM or get to know.

Not out of judgment, but out of personal experience and loss with those very same issues.

Kauko

Jul 14, 2021
Well, like I said before, I haven't read this from the beginning, so in case I missed something why don't you explain what you think a Christian girlfriend is?.....
or even just a Christian for that matter.
Ok, thank you for taking your time to listen me, or atleast try to.

Even if this thread is already very long for me to remember everything I wrote, I definitely know I never posted "I want the perfect girl". And this is true. I cant ask a perfect girl when Im not perfect myself. So I will tell you. A Christian girlfriend is the best kind of girlfriend a man like me can have.

- She has a deep faith in God and loves Him more than anything in this world. She is very commited to Him and prays daily or even several times a day. She adores Him, she asks for His help, she thanks Him and she repents of her sins.

- She is humble, modest, feminine and calm and listens more than she talks (ok I know Im not quite a good listener, but is a trait I really love in girls to be honest). She is not harsh, greedy, rebellious or self-centered.

- She is rather shy with people because she prefers to be with the few ones she can trust (and yes I may need to change for such a girl to trust me but again, to be honest Im very attracted to girls who are slow and want security first).

- She reserves herself for marriage and will never lie in bed with any man other than her future husband. She is prude and conservative and feels uncomfortable being seen in underwear. Rather, she wants to be attractive in her heart.

- She uses no social media and does not look at the phone all the time. Rather, she enjoys traditional hobbies like knitting, cooking, reading the Bible, puzzles, etc.

Have in mind Im talking about what my ideal girl would look like. I may not be the best man (but not the worst either) but I would really love a girl like this. Basically, I want a girl who is a very devout believer and follower of Christ and follows the Word of God the maximum times possible and when she doesnt, she kneels before God, cries for His forgiveness and does not repeat her sin (or atleast tries hard not to). She is a sinner who really wants to be clean and please God. She is a God-centered girl. This would be so beautiful !

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009

Even if this thread is already very long for me to remember everything I wrote, I definitely know I never posted "I want the perfect girl". And this is true. I cant ask a perfect girl when Im not perfect myself. So I will tell you. A Christian girlfriend is the best kind of girlfriend a man like me can have.

- She has a deep faith in God and loves Him more than anything in this world. She is very commited to Him and prays daily or even several times a day. She adores Him, she asks for His help, she thanks Him and she repents of her sins.

- She is humble, modest, feminine and calm and listens more than she talks (ok I know Im not quite a good listener, but is a trait I really love in girls to be honest). She is not harsh, greedy, rebellious or self-centered.

- She is rather shy with people because she prefers to be with the few ones she can trust (and yes I may need to change for such a girl to trust me but again, to be honest Im very attracted to girls who are slow and want security first).

- She reserves herself for marriage and will never lie in bed with any man other than her future husband. She is prude and conservative and feels uncomfortable being seen in underwear. Rather, she wants to be attractive in her heart.

- She uses no social media and does not look at the phone all the time. Rather, she enjoys traditional hobbies like knitting, cooking, reading the Bible, puzzles, etc.

Have in mind Im talking about what my ideal girl would look like. I may not be the best man (but not the worst either) but I would really love a girl like this. Basically, I want a girl who is a very devout believer and follower of Christ and follows the Word of God the maximum times possible and when she doesnt, she kneels before God, cries for His forgiveness and does not repeat her sin (or atleast tries hard not to). She is a sinner who really wants to be clean and please God. She is a God-centered girl. This would be so beautiful !
In other words, you want, you want, you want.

You have nothing to offer, nothing to give (not even a listening ear,) not even the motivation to work on yourself.

And yet, you expect everything to be given back to you from someone else in return.

What if God is saving your Christian girl... for a man who lives up to what he expects in a woman?

And if you expect her to use no social media, what will be your excuse to her for being here on a social media platform yourself, racking up a 30+ page thread, just to talk about yourself?

Why do you expect a holy Christian girl if you break almost all your own rules yourself?

As I said earlier in this thread, your attitude is a prime reason why many of choose to stay single, rather than stooping to becoming the victim of a hypocrite who demands everything and works at nothing.

I don't see this thread as being about you anymore.

Rather, it's a platform on which to talk to other singles about how to avoid getting involved with an attitude like this, and hopefully, for most of us, to avoid becoming like this as well.

Kauko

Jul 14, 2021
Of course, Im not saying she cant fail or be weak in faith sometimes. She is an human being more than anything (just like me) and I know it. What I want, is a girl who knows she is a sinner and knows God knows her better than herself, and who is capable of learning and understanding from her errors and willing to exercise righteousness.

Kauko

Jul 14, 2021

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
False.

I would most probably not know about her.

Ok, I have stated Im not the best man. I have talked about the traits I liked in girls.
You won't even look up a thread in which other amazing Christian people talk about, and give encouraging, Scripture-based advice about how to fight alcoholism.

At best, you refuse to read, or at worst, are unable to retain anything anyone says to you, and demand that people go through the posts and give you all the previously made points rather than going back and rereading yourself.

Maybe you are working to better yourself in ways that can't be seen here, but you sure don't put across an attitude of wanting to put in much work or any effort at all, so why would your personal life be any different?

And you simply can't just expect to meet or attract people with traits you don't even bother working on yourself.

If you do meet a girl, at least be honest in that you may want/expect her to use no social media, but you insist on dominating its spotlight for yourself.

Kauko

Jul 14, 2021
You won't even look up a thread in which other amazing Christian people talk about, and give encouraging, Scripture-based advice about how to fight alcoholism.

At best, you refuse to read, or at worst, are unable to retain anything anyone says to you, and demand that people go through the posts and give you all the previously made points rather than going back and rereading yourself.

Maybe you are working to better yourself in ways that can't be seen here, but you sure don't put across an attitude of wanting to put in much work or any effort at all, so why would your personal life be any different?

And you simply can't just expect to meet or attract people with traits you don't even bother working on yourself.

If you do meet a girl, at least be honest in that you may want/expect her to use no social media, but you insist on dominating its spotlight for yourself.
Hei STOP telling lies !

I never said Im perfect ! I want to change !!! I want to be more like Christ !!! Sure I have things to change !!!

cinder

Mar 26, 2014

- She has a deep faith in God and loves Him more than anything in this world. You mean far more than she loves the idea of getting married? Is she one of those who is so into her faith she doesn't have time to be distracted by romance? She is very commited to Him and prays daily or even several times a day So committed that she would never entertain the idea of being with someone who might compromise that commitment? . She adores Him, she asks for His help, she thanks Him and she repents of her sins.

- She is humble, modest, feminine and calm and listens more than she talks (ok I know Im not quite a good listener, but is a trait I really love in girls to be honest). She is not harsh, greedy, rebellious or self-centered. Why do I get the feeling this means she is docile as a lamb and will pour out endless sympathy on me when I need it without being tough enough to actually motivate me to change?

- She is rather shy with people because she prefers to be with the few ones she can trust (and yes I may need to change for such a girl to trust me but again, to be honest Im very attracted to girls who are slow and want security first). Ah so she's an introvert. Seems like it's nearly impossible for two introverts to strike up a conversation let alone a relationship without using the internet somehow. If both of you prefer to be with just the people you already know and trust, how will you ever meet each other?

- She reserves herself for marriage and will never lie in bed with any man other than her future husband. She is prude and conservative and feels uncomfortable being seen in underwear. Rather, she wants to be attractive in her heart. You do realize that a woman like that will probably take a long time to be at all comfortable with or enthusiastic about physical intimacy with her husband.

- She uses no social media and does not look at the phone all the time. Rather, she enjoys traditional hobbies like knitting, cooking, reading the Bible, puzzles, etc. Haven't heard of too many people enjoying these things before they're old and gray. I'm thinking you need to get started mastering time travel theories. If you can't get to the past maybe you can travel to some post apocalyptic future without any internet or telephones or mass communication in general. Do you use social media? How often are you online / on your phone? How much social media and phone use is too much for you to cope with and why? Exactly what is an introverted girl who wants to connect supposed to do if she doesn't want to go out to busy places? Which of those traditional hobbies do you enjoy?

Have in mind Im talking about what my ideal girl would look like. I may not be the best man (but not the worst either Not being the worst means nothing, only where being with you would be better than being single do you gain any desireability ) but I would really love a girl like this. But assuming she exists, what is there about you that such a girl would love? Basically, I want a girl who is a very devout believer and follower of Christ and follows the Word of God the maximum times possible What does this even mean? Maximum times possible? Who determines that? Which parts of the Word of God in particular (other than the don't sleep around parts) are you expecting her to follow? and when she doesnt, she kneels before God, cries for His forgiveness and does not repeat her sin (or atleast tries hard not to). She is a sinner who really wants to be clean and please God Like you? You say the same about yourself, but few would hold you up as a Christian example. She is a God-centered girl. This would be so beautiful !
See comments inline

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Hei STOP telling lies !

I never said Im perfect ! I want to change !!! I want to be more like Christ !!! Sure I have things to change !!!
You're the one demonstrating otherwise repeatedly throughout your own thread.

Time for a change of pace.

I'm going to use the things you've brought up as a springboard for some new, hopefully more interactive discussions (ideas being exchanged and valued by all parties, not centered around one person.)

You're more than welcome to come learn about others, Kauko. I'm in a time crunch right now, but hope to see you in the new thread I'll put up when I have time.