Are we in the end times ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Hann57

Jan 2, 2018
The apostle Paul writes of perilous times.

2Ti_3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

Paul describes what men will be like in these times from verse 2 to verse 7.

Are there any so called "signs of the times"

I am afraid not.

1Th_5:1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

We are in the dispensation of the grace of God right now.

Eph_3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Col_1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

God has dispensed his grace given to Paul our apostle by Jesus Christ.
Have you noticed in that verse above Paul has fulfilled the word of God.
Which means God has said all that he is going to say, through Paul our apostle.

2Ti 2:7 Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.

Paul writes consider what I say, but when you think about that statement ,he got everything from the risen Christ, even visions and revelations in an abundance.

2Co_12:1 It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord.

2Co_12:7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

Paul had an office given to him by God, he had received the gospel also by Christ to give to us.

Rom_11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

Paul was on the wrong road in life, he said he did it in ignorance and unbelief, until the Lord called him by grace, he had come to trust in what Christ had done for us by believing the gospel of Christ.

Paul new whom he had come to believe in with many more after Paul who would gladly lay down their lives for the Lord Jesus Christ.

Have you come to see the light of the gospel given to Paul ?

1Co 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
1Co 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
We are in the end times you just have to know how to see it. for instance look at Iseal she surrounded by her enemies and is on the brink of war ushering the psalm 83 war in 2017 the revelation 12 sign was literally formed in the night sky down to the last detail you have this vaccine which is a precursor to the mark of the beast I mean the signs are everywhere you just have to look for them

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I have never come across an explanation of “these last days” referring to nearly 2,000 years of history that doesn’t stretch credulity beyond the breaking point. That’s longer than the entire history of Israel from Abraham to Jesus.

It makes far more sense to me that “these last days” refers to the last days of ancient Israel and Levitical Judaism, not of humanity as a whole. All of the temporal indications are synonymous with “very soon”. Only on a (secular) geological timescale would 2,000 years be described as “very soon”.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016

I am afraid not.

1Th_5:1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

Eph_3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Col_1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

2Ti 2:7 Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.

Paul writes consider what I say, but when you think about that statement ,he got everything from the risen Christ, even visions and revelations in an abundance.

2Co_12:1 It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord.

2Co_12:7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

Paul had an office given to him by God, he had received the gospel also by Christ to give to us.

Rom_11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

Paul was on the wrong road in life, he said he did it in ignorance and unbelief, until the Lord called him by grace, he had come to trust in what Christ had done for us by believing the gospel of Christ.

Paul new whom he had come to believe in with many more after Paul who would gladly lay down their lives for the Lord Jesus Christ.

1Co 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
1Co 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
The end will come like a thief in the night. We do not know the day or the hour so the truth is to always be ready. It will be like a flash of lightning and the church will be raptured. We can go digging in the weeds but all we must do is stay faithful everyday, every hour.

Vindicator

Nov 11, 2021

I am afraid not.

Greeings, Hann.

When studying scripture, it is best to analyze verses in light of their surrounding contexts rather than cherry pick one from one epistle and one from another to create a doctrinal position. Your post bounces around all over the place like a ping pong ball, and ends up first introducing a text about moral/ spiritual conditions present during the early church (and by extension that will be again in the years ahead, and both specifically as a result of the influence of Gnosticism), over into a passage about conditions in relation to the coming of the Antichrist, then over into passages about the dispensation of grace, as if the three were somehow related when in fact all three are dealing with different subject matter.

But let's take your lead text for starters:

1 But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, 4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!

Now, in context he is actually talking about the Gnostics, who were a group of heretics who professed to be Christians but were not. This is why Paul stated here that they will have a form of godliness but deny the power thereof, and instead lead lives of ungodliness. Does it relate to what is going on now? Gnosticism actually making a slow come back in the earth now. There are numerous websites now dedicated to it, and I have seen Christian forums elsewhere where groups of them have shown up en masse and started trying to subvert the Christian atmosphere of the forum just as they were attempting to enter into churches during New Testament times and subvert them spiritually (Jude 1:4).

Are we in the end-times proper according to this particular passage (without treating any of the others yet)? No, but we appear to be getting closer, judging by the growth of that heresy in the earth once again.

Hope that helps a little,
Vindicator

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
The end will come like a thief in the night.
This would be applicable to Christ coming for His Church at the Rapture -- unexpected, unannounced, and without any forewarning.

O

Omegatime

Timing and understanding is everything to every event. Just as the Lord coming like a thief is tied to the Day of the Lord if far different than when every eye will see him coming at the end of the tribulation. And then we have these verses:

Matthew 24;43 But know this, that if the householder had known in what part of the night the thief was coming, he would have watched and would not have let his house be broken into. 44 Therefore you also must be ready; for the Son of man is coming at an hour you do not expect.

Luke 12;39 But know this, that if the householder had known at what hour the thief was coming, he would not have left his house to be broken into. 40 You also must be ready; for the Son of man is coming at an unexpected hour.”

So, the Lord is sharing information just like he shared information with Abraham about the the destruction of Sodom

O

Omegatime

So, why did jesus say we should know the day in post #10, and also say in Matthew 24:42 Watch therefore, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming.

What are the possible answers?

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
This would be applicable to Christ coming for His Church at the Rapture -- unexpected, unannounced, and without any forewarning.
That's not what the bible says:

1Th 5:1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
1Th 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
1Th 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
1Th 5:4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
1Th 5:5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
1Th 5:6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

The unsaved will be surprised by Christ coming for His Church at the Rapture but the Church will not be.

Christ coming for His Church at the Rapture -- expected, announced, and with much forewarning.

Hann57

Jan 2, 2018
Greeings, Hann.

When studying scripture, it is best to analyze verses in light of their surrounding contexts rather than cherry pick one from one epistle and one from another to create a doctrinal position. Your post bounces around all over the place like a ping pong ball, and ends up first introducing a text about moral/ spiritual conditions present during the early church (and by extension that will be again in the years ahead, and both specifically as a result of the influence of Gnosticism), over into a passage about conditions in relation to the coming of the Antichrist, then over into passages about the dispensation of grace, as if the three were somehow related when in fact all three are dealing with different subject matter.

But let's take your lead text for starters:

1 But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, 4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!

Now, in context he is actually talking about the Gnostics, who were a group of heretics who professed to be Christians but were not. This is why Paul stated here that they will have a form of godliness but deny the power thereof, and instead lead lives of ungodliness. Does it relate to what is going on now? Gnosticism actually making a slow come back in the earth now. There are numerous websites now dedicated to it, and I have seen Christian forums elsewhere where groups of them have shown up en masse and started trying to subvert the Christian atmosphere of the forum just as they were attempting to enter into churches during New Testament times and subvert them spiritually (Jude 1:4).

Are we in the end-times proper according to this particular passage (without treating any of the others yet)? No, but we appear to be getting closer, judging by the growth of that heresy in the earth once again.

Hope that helps a little,
Vindicator
1Co_8:2 And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.
So let me tell you what you aught to know.

soberxp

May 3, 2018
Is the last day means end times in Bible?
but now more and more antiChrists.
So we should be alert.
I don't know if now is the end times,but worst time we have.

iTheophilus

Oct 28, 2021
So, why did jesus say we should know the day in post #10, and also say in Matthew 24:42 Watch therefore, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming.

What are the possible answers?

But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him. Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

- 1 Thessalonians 5:1-11 (KJV)

iTheophilus

Oct 28, 2021
@ewq1938

Please accept my apologies for putting down the same scriptures as you. I just now got around to reading your post. :geek: But, hey, the truth can't be overstated, right?

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
1Th 5:4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
Is this verse about the day of the LORD, or is it about Christ coming for the saints? Fantastic misapplication to justify a false notion.

O

Omegatime

But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. Paul knew the Day of the lord's coming and so did every believer in the early church. Oh how the Lord teaches for jesus said, watch therefore, for you do not know what dy your Lord is coming. It is a very special day.

The thief is tied to the Day of the Lord, some say it is the pre-tribulation rapture, some say 7 years of tribulation, and then some say the end of the tribulation period. None are correct.

The Day of the Lord in the OT tells of a time of misery, destruction, death, plagues, ect., wherever the Day of the Lord is found and in Joel 2 the prophet said Great and Terrible Day of the Lord. The same words joel used in chapter 2, Peter repeated these words in Acts 2, but changed the wording from great and terrible to great and glorious Day of the Lord. Out of the Day of the Lord came hope. And this is why because the Day of the Lord and Pentecost are tied together. This is why Paul was so anxious to appear at Pentecost in Acts 20:16

Now to the verse in Matthew: Watch therefore, for you do not know what day your Lord is coming. Again, Jesus was teaching, it is a feast day that is not set by a calendar date, changes every year depending on the date of Passover. Now in our times the jews celebrate Pentecost on Sivan 6 every year, but is wrong according to Lev. 23. The jews count 50 days from Passover but the church counts 50 days from the day after the sabbath following Passover, and Pentecost is always on the first day of the week, our Sunday.

Now the Lord is fulfilling a OT prophecy concerning the 3 times a year everyone is to show up in jerusalem. They are Passover, Pentecost and Tabernacles. This is why there was a resurrection on Passover when the Lord was crucified. Next one is Pentecost, the church started on Pentecost and will end on Pentecost and the clock is ticking.

Much more but if you can grasp this I will continue. Worthy is the Lamb of God

O

Oblio

I know that it won't be long before I won't be able to buy or sell without a number. Unless something happens to delay it. But since it appears that the powers-that-be have us by the short and curlies, I wouldn't put any cash on it!