Are we seeing "the great falling away"?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 4, 2021
Yes. And the time where we choose between the family of God or Satan. No more coparenting for you people.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
There is the great Harlot, Mother of Harlots, out of whom our Fathere will call His children. Many wil confusse this with the great falling away. Many willl use this as an excuse to condemn the righteous...again.

E

eternally-gratefull

I am curious to know what others think we are seeing in today's societies. With lawlessness on the rise and with this pandemic, are we now seeing the great falling away?
I believe yes the birth pangs as many call them are at hand

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
I am curious to know what others think we are seeing in today's societies. With lawlessness on the rise and with this pandemic, are we now seeing the great falling away?
The great rebellion is one which everybody will be required to sign up to or else.

E

eternally-gratefull

Don't be snotty... :poop:

The verse is worded in such a way as to allow for the falling away to occur first - or, at least begin to occur first - before the man of sin is revealed.
Agreed. We are at the birth pangs thats for sure. And that is not yet the end.

E

eternally-gratefull

With all that said......Do you see God bringing about another revival here in America through these tough times?
I think america is to far gone. With Christ anything is possible. But with the younger generation in america and they way they are going. I personally see no hope for revival :(

E

eternally-gratefull

It was people that misunderstood his other letter/writings that began the pretrib concept. It wasn't his fault but it was his first letter that the pretrib doctrine came from.
I do not see pretrib in context of this question. How did that get introduced?

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Agreed. We are at the birth pangs thats for sure. And that is not yet the end.
A study of the rise of Hitler is so enlightening. There are ways that government is taking the place of family. Instead of a strong supportive family, we have a strong supportive government with harsh rules and no love.

There has been a meeting of ministers in DC to discuss the scripture telling us to obey our government, with a purpose of putting government commands before the Lord's commands. Hitler taught genocide, but now it is a teaching that love is necessary and Christian, it is just the they preach that to love means to accept sin as a right of man. We are told it is the law to support homosexuality.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I believe this teaching to obey our leaders was misconstrued after Jesus Yeshua ascended. First of all I believe it is taken from the Law for when Israel was intact as the country established after Joshua. The l law wa to obey leaders but the leders at that time were priests with the High Priest the head of the stte.

As I believe God planned it, Israel failed giving all nations the promise of salvation through the Messiah to come.

Jesus is the head of state in our Monarchy. We are to obey Him, not men putting themselves in place of God. No, this does not mean we are to rebel agains our governments but at the same time it does not mean we bend the Word of God to fit the leaders of this age.
If any man truly wishes to obey his leaders and that man believes Jesus, then there is no question, obey the true leader, our King.

Never use political leanings of this age to go against obeying God. You know this is true.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
Short answer, yes.

I'm of the conclusion that the falling away isn't one grand event as I used to think, but a gradual process that's been happening for awhile now.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
With all that said......Do you see God bringing about another revival here in America through these tough times?
I believe it's possible we may see some sort of "revival" on a large scale. But IMO it will be counterfeit. The gospel will become so watered down it will cease to be the true gospel. It will become a religion for everyone, something that doesn't offend, ecumenism. It's already happening in many megachurches and other churches. "Having a form of godliness but denying its power."

Edify

Jan 27, 2021
No there will be no revival as many suggest. Revival is preceded by repentance, and that is in short supply. See the books of Ezra and Nehemiah (a single book in the Hebrew Bible).
How can there not be when this scripture says:
Revelation 7:
1After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth, that no wind might blow on earth or sea or against any tree. 2Then I saw another angel ascending from the rising of the sun, with the seal of the living God, and he called with a loud voice to the four angels who had been given power to harm earth and sea, 3saying, “Do not harm the earth or the sea or the trees, until we have sealed the servants of our God on their foreheads.” 4And I heard the number of the sealed, 144,000, sealed from every tribe of the sons of Israel:

512,000 from the tribe of Judah were sealed,
12,000 from the tribe of Reuben,
12,000 from the tribe of Gad,
612,000 from the tribe of Asher,
12,000 from the tribe of Naphtali,
12,000 from the tribe of Manasseh,
712,000 from the tribe of Simeon,
12,000 from the tribe of Levi,
12,000 from the tribe of Issachar,
812,000 from the tribe of Zebulun,
12,000 from the tribe of Joseph,
12,000 from the tribe of Benjamin were sealed.
A Great Multitude from Every Nation
9After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands, 10and crying out with a loud voice, “Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!” 11And all the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures, and they fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, 12saying, “Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and might be to our God forever and ever! Amen.”
13Then one of the elders addressed me, saying, “Who are these, clothed in white robes, and from where have they come?” 14I said to him, “Sir, you know.” And he said to me, “These are the ones coming out of the great tribulation. They have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
15“Therefore they are before the throne of God,
and serve him day and night in his temple;
and he who sits on the throne will shelter them with his presence.
16They shall hunger no more, neither thirst anymore;
the sun shall not strike them,
nor any scorching heat.
17For the Lamb in the midst of the throne will be their shepherd,
and he will guide them to springs of living water,
and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.”

At least 144002 from Israel alone as well as a number that no man can number. All during the Tribulation.

But I do agree there won't be a revival during the last part of the Great Falling Away.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
At least 144002 from Israel alone as well as a number that no man can number. All during the Tribulation.
As you said, this is during the Tribulation. Not relevant to the present.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
I believe this teaching to obey our leaders was misconstrued after Jesus Yeshua ascended. First of all I believe it is taken from the Law for when Israel was intact as the country established after Joshua. The l law wa to obey leaders but the leders at that time were priests with the High Priest the head of the stte.

As I believe God planned it, Israel failed giving all nations the promise of salvation through the Messiah to come.

Jesus is the head of state in our Monarchy. We are to obey Him, not men putting themselves in place of God. No, this does not mean we are to rebel agains our governments but at the same time it does not mean we bend the Word of God to fit the leaders of this age.
If any man truly wishes to obey his leaders and that man believes Jesus, then there is no question, obey the true leader, our King.

Never use political leanings of this age to go against obeying God. You know this is true.
I don't believe that we can ever say of anything the Lord tells us that it only applies to a certain situation, people, or time. The Lord only speaks truth that transcends time and place. I think this is a matter of rightly dividing the word. We belong to the Lord, and that means we take our orders from the Lord. If government asks us to disobey the Lord, then it is the Lord we are to obey. Otherwise, governments is given the responsibility of keeping order in our land, and the Lord tells us we should obey those laws creating order.

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
No, Precious friend, what you see is the "latter times" of God's Age of GRACE:

UNbelievers:
2Ti_3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

believers:
1Ti 4:1 Now the Spirit Speaketh Expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

Thus there is NO "GREAT apostasy/departure from the faith"; IF there was such a thing, it was Previously, "in Paul's day" - notice {NOT "man's speculations/guesses" but} God's Word Of Truth:

2Ti_1:15 This thou knowest, that all they which are in Asia be turned away from me; of whom are Phygellus and Hermogenes.

"falling away" is simply THE Departure, and in God's Context, in the Thessalonian letters, it is Simply That of:

The Body Of CHRIST Being resurrected/Caught Up, Departing, leaving earth to meet The LORD "IN THE AIR!" (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 cp 1 Corinthians 15:51-57), at:

The Coming Of The LORD JESUS CHRIST, to "GATHER us TO HIMSELF" at the "falling away" {Simply = } THE Departure, Again, In God's Context! (2 Thessalonians 2:1-3)

Now, IF one wishes to call it the GREAT "falling away" Departure from the earth, then I would Also Agree! For the Multitudes of "members" of The Body Of CHRIST,
That Would Be their Great GRACE Departure To God's GloryLand!
Amen?

More Ending God's Age Of GRACE By Departure "falling away study" is here:
Great GRACE {MYSTERY} Departure @ the 2nd coming {prophecy}?

Please Be Richly Encouraged, Enlightened, Exhorted, and Edified!
(2 Timothy 2:15; Romans 16:25; Ephesians 1:3-9; Ephesians 3:9 = Grace/Mystery fellowship, today?)

PS: CalmPepper, you wouldn't be related to the Hot, Red, Green, Banana, And Jalapeno Peppers family, would you? ;)

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
I would say we’re on the near end of it and it’s been occurring many many years and centuries

“And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭24:11-13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

we often speak of love but today we often just “speak” of love and then reject true love which is about what we do to effectual help another person in need

if we look at the lack of Godly love in the world nations starving , at war , political divides causing hate and envy and revenge , the homeless population exploding even in wealthy nations , the many terrorist orginazatikns across the globe willing to slaughter many for the sake of various religions opposed to Christ

and even sometimes in our own homes there is a lack of true love the love of Christ I think we’ve definately fallen far from where we began But it’s just one mans opinion o think you are onto it

There is and has been a falling away for many decades, and has steadily progressed in the last decade alone, as see it myself. Churches are shuttering (Bible believing and preaching/teaching), mega churches are thriving (come to the concert - light show worship service, and stay for the message...we will not preach against sin or hell, nor shove God down your throat. Come, itchy ears), God is being taken out of everything in society globally....could go on and on....

Aug 20, 2021
There is and has been a falling away for many decades, and has steadily progressed in the last decade alone, as see it myself. Churches are shuttering (Bible believing and preaching/teaching), mega churches are thriving (come to the concert - light show worship service, and stay for the message...we will not preach against sin or hell, nor shove God down your throat. Come, itchy ears), God is being taken out of everything in society globally....could go on and on....
This happen before i was born.,,,What is this place for real?