Are women allowed to Preach?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lytee
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Women "pastors" are teachers that tickle the ears.

Sodomite "pastors" tickle the ears.

Great stuff in the universalist churches where you can believe anything as long as you believe something.

God does not anoint women to pastor churches. God has always appointed men to the responsibility for the family in Spiritual matters which translates directly to the church.

When women take responsibility for these things it is a shame to the men.

Folks today are very accommodating to every wind of doctrine. Fits right in with the thread that CS1 has on the state of the church.

For the cause of Christ
Roger


I understand, and agree with most of what you said.
 
Perhaps the word you were looking for is "submissive" as an adjective? "Submittant" looks like a noun form, and while it's not wrong, it's unusual. :)

It just was the word the materialized in my unusual thought process, and it seemed too interesting not to use it, somehow. But, yes, I realize now that it should have been accompanied by an article.
 
I've a question to think about...

Does one being submittant necessitate that the other be controlling?

In looking up whether I used the word 'submittant' in correct form [and if it even was an actual word] (a Latin sentence was given for example, :confused:), I do like the additional example sentence offered (although it didn't even contain the term, it seem most appropriate to my question)....

The same gratuitousness inspires us to love and accept the wind, the sun and the clouds, even though we cannot control them. [https://glosbe.com/la/en/submittant]

It just was the word the materialized in my unusual thought process, and it seemed too interesting not to use it, somehow. But, yes, I realize now that it should have been accompanied by an article.

Well, the Bible tells us that the man is the spiritual leader; and the woman is subject to the man's interpretation of God's word. What this tells me is that the if the woman and man have different opinions, about how to do the word, she should yield to his. God will not hold her accountable if it's slightly off
.

That said: my second wife and I decided things together. Very seldom was any yielding necessary. Because I loved her very much and her opinions meant a great deal to me. I don't think wives can be subjective unless real love were involved. A woman has a hard time following someone self-centered and unable to really love. By real love, I mean the lay your life down type of love. If I were a woman, I would trust a man to give his life to spare me. Such a loved wife would give her best input and have no trouble accepting her God given role. She would be truly, a help meet.

5206.gif
 

Well, the Bible tells us that the man is the spiritual leader; and the woman is subject to the man's interpretation of God's word. What this tells me is that the if the woman and man have different opinions, about how to do the word, she should yield to his. God will not hold her accountable if it's slightly off
.


That said: my second wife and I decided things together. Very seldom was any yielding necessary. Because I loved her very much and her opinions meant a great deal to me. I don't think wives can be subjective unless real love were involved. A woman has a hard time following someone self-centered and unable to really love. By real love, I mean the lay your life down type of love. If I were a woman, I would trust a man to give his life to spare me. Such a loved wife would give her best input and have no trouble accepting her God given role. She would be truly, a help meet.

5206.gif

The message [that should be] derived from the proof texts, then, is , "always go with the man's interpretation over the woman's, and you cannot lose." :confused:

In the book of Judges, chapter 13, there is the account of Manoah and his barren wife, who remains unnamed throughout. The Angel of the LORD appears to her and announces the conception and birth of their son, Samson. But, when she tells her husband of it, he entreats the LORD to send the man to them again. God obliges him and appears again to the woman and this time she runs to tell Manoah, who follows her back to see for himself and totally misses that it is indeed the angel of the LORD and asks Him his name. To which He replied, "Why do you ask my name, seeing that it is wonderful?" [Judges 13:18].

Then, after Manoah does finally realize Who it was that had been speaking, he think that they will surely die for having seen God and his wife had to assure him to the contrary. However, all the way to the end, she remains referred to in such as 'the woman' while Manoah is given honorable mention in Judge's 16:31 as 'Manoah his (Samson's) father'. I do not think that she resents that to the point of protesting that she should have been honored above him, though she had been more faithful, by that particular account, to hear the word of the LORD.

It would not have pleased her, and indeed would have detracted from her character as a good wife, to have publicly humiliate him. Afterall, it was both of them that fell on their faces to the ground when He ascended into the flame of the altar [Judges 13:20].
 
The message [that should be] derived from the proof texts, then, is , "always go with the man's interpretation over the woman's, and you cannot lose."
That's true. And you can blame Eve for this state of affairs. But Eve blamed the Serpent even though she wilfully disobeyed. Now you can blame men even when you wilfully disobey.
 

Well, the Bible tells us that the man is the spiritual leader; and the woman is subject to the man's interpretation of God's word. What this tells me is that the if the woman and man have different opinions, about how to do the word, she should yield to his. God will not hold her accountable if it's slightly off.

I don't see that. To which verse or verses are you referring?
 
That's true. And you can blame Eve for this state of affairs. But Eve blamed the Serpent even though she wilfully disobeyed. Now you can blame men even when you wilfully disobey.
Adam blamed Eve, when he disobeyed deliberately (for he was not deceived as Eve was).
 
I'm a woman and I'm not "subject" to ANY mans interpretation. I can go right to God and the Holy Spirit in me. These threads get so insane so quickly and its impossible to have any reasonable discussion.
 
The threads get insane because some of the people posting on them are completely and utterly crazy... lol


I'm a woman and I'm not "subject" to ANY mans interpretation. I can go right to God and the Holy Spirit in me. These threads get so insane so quickly and its impossible to have any reasonable discussion.
 
It is extremely clear that a woman is not to be any preacher or minister ... It was spoken clearly by a man inspired by God ... Being inspired by and given authority by God, and still some people here are attempting to make Paul out as a liar ... That is plain and simple blasphemy and disobedience of scripture ... Why don't you people just give it up ... There is absolutely no Christian way to dispute the word of the ALMIGHTY GOD that women are not to be ministers ...
 
It is extremely clear that a woman is not to be any preacher or minister ... It was spoken clearly by a man inspired by God ... Being inspired by and given authority by God, and still some people here are attempting to make Paul out as a liar ... That is plain and simple blasphemy and disobedience of scripture ... Why don't you people just give it up ... There is absolutely no Christian way to dispute the word of the ALMIGHTY GOD that women are not to be ministers ...

How about you read, consider, and respond respectfully to the cogent arguments put forth instead of merely thumping people over the head with your view of how to interpret Scripture?
 
IF they desire to learn anything,... that is :rolleyes:

I would be interested in hearing Angela's rendering of the Greek here...

I'm seeing the lexicon (with assistance of Strong's) as reading "Sometimes, from an origin of introducing circumstances, it should happen that she wishes to do the math of (ascertain) a certain thing..."
 
Last edited:
How about you read, consider, and respond respectfully to the cogent arguments put forth instead of merely thumping people over the head with your view of how to interpret Scripture?

It isn't my view and there is no thumping ... It is the word of God ... If His word is too harsh for you, then you need to speak unto Him with that complaint ... I merely pass along His truth ... It is a lot of people on here who wish to argue that and when they do then they are arguing with Him, not me ...