If a woman were to preach, exactly what commandment would she be breaking? If it's not a sin than what's the problem?
If you or anybody else are ever tempted to steal, commit adultery, lie, etc. I expect you to obey the letter of the law whether you feel like it or not. There will be no excuses for not feeling like it, or not having the Spirit make you obey, etc. Doing what the law requires is not being legalistic. But I know that is what you have been taught. And most of all that is hardly you trying to earn your own salvation. The church is in utter darkness about this subject.
Paul disagrees completely...Walking in the Spirit is not about law...
If a woman were to preach, exactly what commandment would she be breaking? If it's not a sin than what's the problem?
I lived in Florida for twenty years. You can have it, lol.
Is it true Trudeau is Fidel Castro's son?
Small teaching groups is what 'church' is all about, IMO. The church doesn't think so. It's still locked into it's golden calf style of meeting and worship. I've kind of resigned myself to it. Which means I don't have a church. And honestly, don't expect to have one.
Paul disagrees completely...
"31Do we then nullify the Law through faith? May it never be! On the contrary, we establish the Law (through faith)."-Romans 3:31
Your freedom in Christ is not freedom from the law. Freedom in Christ is being ABLE to fulfill and uphold the law.
It is the Holy Spirit in charge of the ship....working through a man. That's just the way it is. Live with it.I mean, someone has to be in charge of the ship, right? Has to be a man, right? Can't possibly be the Holy Spirit!
Paul disagrees completely...
"31Do we then nullify the Law through faith? May it never be! On the contrary, we establish the Law (through faith)."-Romans 3:31
Your freedom in Christ is not freedom from the requirements of the law. Freedom in Christ is being ABLE to fulfill and uphold the law.
An open Bible study with a hundred, or hundreds of people sharing with each other, building each other up doesn't work. It doesn't work because it can't happen.Well, I guess when those 120 were in that upper room, they were doing it wrong.
What about the 5000 that Jesus taught and fed?
It is not the size of the assembly that is important, but what is being taught.
It is the Holy Spirit in charge of the ship....working through a man. That's just the way it is. Live with it.
I'm not that man. Neither are most of the men here in this forum. But whoever it is that the Holy Spirit is leading the church through it is a man somewhere, someplace, not a woman. That's just the way God ordained it.
I suggest you examine your heart and ask yourself why this is unacceptable to you. What are you afraid of? Why can't you trust God with his way in this?
An open Bible study with a hundred, or hundreds of people sharing with each other, building each other up doesn't work. It doesn't work because it can't happen.
God what is then the scripture, if we can choose by our own what is the word of God and is relevant for us and what not.
It is not the question that God can do Everything. It is the question what he has revealed to us. And I suppose that today we are more listening to the timespirit then the Holy Spirit who is not teaching against the revealed Word of God.
Uh oh.....here we go again. Another Christian who can only understand obedience to the law as one trying to perfect and save themselves. Thank you, church, for making us blooming idiots when it comes to the law in this New Covenant.So... how does "freedom in Christ" enable you to sacrifice a bull, stone an adulterer, or become perfect?
Which works of the Law do you add to faith, such that you complete the work Christ is doing?
I encourage you to take a fresh look at Galatians, particular 3:1-5.
You'll have to ask Stunned. I think it's a personal grudge she's holding.One more thing... how does this relate to women preaching?
An open Bible study with a hundred, or hundreds of people sharing with each other, building each other up doesn't work. It doesn't work because it can't happen.
No, if you knew what makes the meetings me and keys are talking about you'd know it's about having the opportunity to share between each other that makes it work.It most certainly CAN happen if they walk in the Spirit. If they walk in the law and their flesh, it most definitely CAN'T happen.
Which, a church of a hundred and more people where I get fed, or just having a church where I get fed?You may not believe this but I pray you get to enjoy a church like that some day.