Are Women Not Allowed to Preach in Every Case?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Notice it was a husband and wife SITTING PRIVATELY in their home and discipling a believer. That was not a church setting.

So now you have taken this out of context in order to support your false beliefs. However if you are genuinely seriously about knowing and practicing truth, then you owe it to yourself to study this from Genesis to Revelation (allowing Scripture to be the final authority), and understand that Eve's transgression has impacted Christian women.
It seems you are ignorant of what the church truly is, which is, the Body of Christ.

Matthew 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
I think the Doctrine of not allowing women to preach is Paul's invention, and he was a sexist.
I think he had prejudice against women at first , also like Peter against Gentiles at first but as Paul grew in the lord like Peter did near the end of his ministry his attitude changed to this

“For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭3:27-28‬ ‭KJV‬‬

in the think if we realize the apostles weren’t perfect whether peters view of the Gentiles at first , or Paul’s view of females at first it lets us understand they were men like we are and we’rent perfect but they grew and matured as they grew in Christ like we’re meant to

I think we should allow for Paul’s growth in Christ and each other’s

Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭3:12-15‬ ‭KJV‬‬

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I think the Doctrine of not allowing women to preach is Paul's invention, and he was a sexist.
Could very well be. Paul in his letters says a lot of what he permits but that may not necessarily be what God permits.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
he was not sexist as that is a secular humanistic term. Was it Paul or God who said women have to obey their Husband and placed him over the women? Paul was just saying as He received HIS revelation from Christ in context to a woman having authority over the Church. Yes, they can preach. And women are very good preacher many of them I have met and listen too. Being gifted in preaching is given to women too as the Holy Spirit enables them to do.
females subjection To men was a result of sin and it’s curse not Gods plan and will

“Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭3:16‬ ‭

Christ is about bringing us back to a relationship before sin happened ( remission of sins ) to this place

“For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭3:26-28‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Back to the beginning

“So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭1:27-28‬ ‭KJV‬‬

only when Satan got involved was eve placed beneath Adams rule

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Well, there is that school of thought that Genesis 3:16, and any scripture that follows that mentions women is evidence of God's continuing punishment. Eve did not willfully sin, she was deceived.
I agree. See my post #23 in your "Obedient Woman" thread.

P

planitsoon

Well, there is that school of thought that Genesis 3:16, and any scripture that follows that mentions women is evidence of God's continuing punishment. Eve did not willfully sin, she was deceived.
I think you will enjoy the book from Jon Zens called :"What's with Paul and women"? It opened our eyes about this issue that has been so abused. I have given my copy to several women who have these questions about Paul. The book goes into the cultural background of what was happening in the day in those churches. The church of course has totally misintepreted it and used it against women but hey, the enemy creeps into anything he can get into.

SomeDisciple

Jul 4, 2021
“Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.”
This is god telling eve that she can't get out of the curse by not bearing chilldren. Her desiring Adam, and him ruling over her was happening before the fall. There is no "and" before that part.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
This is god telling eve that she can't get out of the curse by not bearing chilldren. Her desiring Adam, and him ruling over her was happening before the fall. There is no "and" before that part.
On what basis do you make these assertions?

SomeDisciple

Jul 4, 2021
“For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭3:26-28‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Back to the beginning
The intent of this scripture is not to undo nations, kingdoms, and ethnicities any more than it is meant to undo any concept of authoritative structures.

In context, this scripture points out to the fact that we're no longer under the law. We're all heirs to eternal life.

It doesn't mean that distinctions between males and females go away. Or even worse that there literally is no male or female...