Are Women Not Allowed to Preach in Every Case?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 29, 2020
There is nothing in Scripture to support your assertion.
1 Corinthians 14:34

Let your women keep silence in the churches

Show me where it says "in the church" in chapter 11 regarding the praying practices of men and women.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
1 Corinthians 14:34

Let your women keep silence in the churches

Show me where it says "in the church" in chapter 11 regarding the praying practices of men and women.
As I stated earlier, the whole letter is written to the church. When you can extricate chapter 11 from the letter as a whole, then your position might start to have some merit.

Feb 29, 2020
When you can extricate chapter 11 from the letter as a whole, then your position might start to have some merit.
No need to extricate it.

You only need to compare scripture with scripture.

One verse tells you what not to do in a particular place.

The other only tells you what not do (no particular place indicated).

So when you get to the church, now you have to follow the rules of the church.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
No need to extricate it.

You only need to compare scripture with scripture.

One verse tells you what not to do in a particular place.

The other only tells you what not do (no particular place indicated).

So when you get to the church, now you have to follow the rules of the church.
We disagree. I suggest we leave it at that.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
Does the Great Commission only pertain to men? Ask yourself the following question:

If you or someone you love was choking and the only person available to perform the Heimlich maneuver was a woman, would you refuse the woman’s help?

Many people are spiritually choking; I encourage any woman felt called by God to help people who are spiritually choking.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I'll give Jesus and Paul a pass, and the others you mentioned who are performing miracles in Jesus name .. I go by 1 Tim 3 .. Do you think I'm being out of line ?
Well, I bet they are truly relieved that you are giving them a pass........... As for 1 Timothy, being married IS NOT a requirement, nor does Paul state that. He simply understands that the majority of adult men at that time were married. As well, he ALSO said men should NOT marry didn't he? And many people completely misunderstand the writings of the Apostle Paul.

Briefly, he wrote in two styles.........thus sayeth the Lord and I would rather that, it would be better that. Thus sayeth the Lord means just that. It is a commandment, and not to be argued. I would rather that, it would be better that was when Paul was expressing his PERSONAL beliefs on the best way to live a Christian life. It WAS NOT a commandment from God!

When reading his Epistles, it is extremely necessary to recognize which style he is writing in BEFORE one decides to use what he writes to establish REQUIREMENTS for the Church.

Feb 29, 2020
I encourage any woman felt called by God to help people who are spiritually choking.
Amen!

I don't see any reason a woman cannot tell someone outside the church about the good news of Christ.

And if they are a believer who needs help and they can't access a church with biblical leadership, then a women who would help that believer outside of church is a very good thing.

Feb 29, 2020
Paul commended Phebe, which was a servant of the church at Cenchrea. She helped many, including Paul himself (Romans 16:1-2).

Women certaintly have a place.

It just isn't in a formal church setting teaching the word of God or in a position of authority over men.

That's all. Nothing less, nothing more.

Mar 28, 2016
YOU twist the BIBLE ALL OUT of what it really says, But twisting it only in your mind, and those that you miss lead, But to those that stand on the what the WORD of GOD says, don't need opinions, Opinions just cause the WORD OF GOD TO GET TWISTED ALL UP,
They study a lot in JESUS day to, And put JESUS On the CROSS, GOD bless as GOD sees fit
View attachment 213690

Thank you for your OPINION .

Do we need a man to teach us ?

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
Amen!

I don't see any reason a woman cannot tell someone outside the church about the good news of Christ.

And if they are a believer who needs help and they can't access a church with biblical leadership, then a women who would help that believer outside of church is a very good thing.
Believers in Christ ate the church. Nonbelievers are not going to share the gospel with anyone so you’re outside the church emphasis is dead in the water.

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
1 Corinthians 14:34, And 1 Timothy 2:11-The BIBLE TELLS the Man to Keep their women silent in the Churches for it is not permitted unto them to speak. The BIBLE is the WORD OF GOD, AND only the doers will be justified, not the hearers' When we step out of the BIBLE, AND do things OUR on way, it becomes sin, we haft to obey GODs WORD IF WE WANT TO BE SAVED. View attachment 213682
We can reject truth here in this world, BUT we are in the JUDGEMENT, WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ESCAPE THE TRUTH.
GOD bless as GOD sees fit

Mar 28, 2016
Paul commended Phebe, which was a servant of the church at Cenchrea. She helped many, including Paul himself (Romans 16:1-2).

Women certaintly have a place.

It just isn't in a formal church setting teaching the word of God or in a position of authority over men.

That's all. Nothing less, nothing more.
Where was the women's place prior to the new ceremonial "shadow laws" 1 Corinthian 11 ? And upon entering the new ceremonies why was it required she cover her hair? What was that a shadow of? And why must the man not cover his head seeing it was all one ceremony a sign to the world. . .And not to their own-selves as some sort of self righteous, self-edifying work ?

What did the hair represent as a shadow ? What does the world think? How would they define that parable used in that ceremonial law? Does the old testament give mention that could aid ? Why hair covered ?

Does the church still use the witness or think of it a fashion of the day? Hair today gone tomorrow! LOL

Mar 28, 2016
Amen!

Very good to who the husband ? (Golden silence) LOL

So then they are not allowed to share the gospel inside? not a peep? . . Just sit there and look beautiful as a wall flower?

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
Believers in Christ ate the church. Nonbelievers are not going to share the gospel with anyone so you’re outside the church emphasis is dead in the water.
This GO"S all the way back to creation. AND THERE IS NOT ANYTHING WRONG WITH THE WOMAN UP LEFTING THE LORD JESUS CHRIST, look at the woman at the well, But she didn't go to the CHURCH, but she told them out in the public.

Mar 28, 2016
We can reject truth here in this world, BUT we are in the JUDGEMENT, WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ESCAPE THE TRUTH.
Does that apply to both men and woman seeing you divide the genders? or are we rather to know no person after the flesh as to what the eyes see, the temporal. Some did know Christ both way, by faith working in them and and what the eyes see. He inform us seeing he is not a man as us we know Christ no more after the the flesh. That is as if he was a man as us to begin with .

The promised one time demonstration is over .The veil is rent signifying the Son of man Jesus has come

2 Corinthians 5:16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

The window of opportunity is closed. . sealed with 7 seals.

Mar 28, 2016
This GO"S all the way back to creation. AND THERE IS NOT ANYTHING WRONG WITH THE WOMAN UP LEFTING THE LORD JESUS CHRIST, look at the woman at the well, But she didn't go to the CHURCH, but she told them out in the public.
What do you think the purpose is of going to church" Self edification or a sign to those outside. . the gospel revealed to the world?

I would think self edifying can be done at home. Neither men nor woman would want to give that kind of a sign to the world and call it good news.. it could disrupt to whole purpose for gathering together.

Our Savior humbled Himself giving glory to the unseen father who worked with Him.

T

TheIndianGirl

Based on Paul's own standards, neither he, Jesus, nor any of the disciples who are single are fit to pastor a church or be part of church leadership because they are single. This shows that Paul was addressing a particular situation at the church to whom the letter is addressed.

Women and singles are blessed with spiritual gifts, and that may involve preaching. People forget, women pastors pray a lot about this issue too before making a decision, and maybe God opens up doors for them to be a pastor. At my church, we have a woman pastor because she performed the best from all the applicants and she was the "best fit" for the church. Very very few people left when she became a pastor. In fact, we have a bigger attendance now.

Feb 29, 2020
Wow.

Twelve mocking questions in two posts.

You are the prime example of the scripture below:

If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness; He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words...Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth...from such withdrawl thyself (1 Timothy 6:3-5).

Not much trembling of the word of God on your, and many others, part (Isaiah 66:2).

So sad.