Are WOMEN Pastors Biblical??

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
And again…

“A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner.”
‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭2‬:‭11‬-‭14‬ ‭NIV

A woman, singular. Not ‘women’, plural. The context strongly suggests that Paul had a particular woman in view, and that his intent was that she learn the Christian faith properly before teaching. People are not supposed to learn indefinitely and never do anything with their knowledge.

God did indeed form the man first, but the passage does not support your statement.
Paul was not afraid to call out people by name. If what you believe was the case, Paul would have called out this woman and man by name, don't you think?

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
Where are the scriptures that speak of women teaching children?
it may be 1 of the Corinthian books but there is an idea that in
Misquoting Scripture is never a good idea; it inevitably leads to wrong beliefs. What Paul wrote is this:

“But I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭11‬:‭3‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Note the order and the fact that Paul uses singular specific articles (the man, the woman). The only context where that is always relevant is within marriage.
no, i wasn't specific enough but you get the crux. i try to do the least amount of typing because my hands & fingers are too big. often, i'll type a verse but just the main issue in the verse so i don't have to type it all. thanks.

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
Where are the scriptures that speak of women teaching children?
1st Timothy 2:12 gives a referral for women to teach children since moms are basically, the teachers of children as they grow. other than that, i don't know if there is a specific verse concentrating on it.

Beckie

Feb 15, 2022
1st Timothy 2:12 gives a referral for women to teach children since moms are basically, the teachers of children as they grow. other than that, i don't know if there is a specific verse concentrating on it.
1Ti 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
1Ti 2:12 Is nothing about kids.

God gave dad's much in the way of duties and responsibilities .

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
I see why you believe as you do: you don’t treat Scripture seriously enough to avoid adding to it.
FYI.....there is no doubt whatsoever that BOTH Adam and Eve are saved aka "covered by The Blood".

And by precisely the same means (faith in the One to come) as are Abraham, Issac and Jacob.

Frankly, I find it concerning if not alarming that you fail to understand this......:rolleyes:

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
1Ti 2:12 "nor to usurp authority over the man".
Unfathomable though it may be, @Dino246 has nevertheless wandered far afield on this straightforward matter.

Any other view contrary to this Paul's statement simply beggars credulity.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
I see why you believe as you do: you don’t treat Scripture seriously enough to avoid adding to it.
God convened a trial. The perpetrators spoke truthfully, identified the culprit, sincerely confessed their sin and failure and rebellion. God then graciously acquitted them of their crimes, and subsequently covered them in skins (blood), as an object lesson, sign and mnemonic of the coming Lamb that God would provide propitiation for all of the progeny of the federal head Adam so that they likewise would receive acquittal by their own confession (agreeing with God as to being sinners born in sin) and faith in the Lamb who takes away the sins of the world.

BTW.....the serpent was cursed (aka condemned). Adam (nor Eve) were cursed. On the contrary, they were covered by the blood aka saved.
Yes judgement was rendered by cursing the GROUND........for Adam's sake. Likewise the guarding of the tree of life by Cherubim. This was also done for Adams sake, so that he would not live forever in a state of sin, degrading and corrupting continually forever.

FYI........the second death is the condition of living forever in a state of sin, degrading and corrupting continually forever.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
God convened a trial. The perpetrators spoke truthfully, identified the culprit, sincerely confessed their sin and failure and rebellion. God then graciously acquitted them of their crimes, and subsequently covered them in skins (blood), as an object lesson, sign and mnemonic of the coming Lamb that God would provide propitiation for all of the progeny of the federal head Adam so that they likewise would receive acquittal by their own confession (agreeing with God as to being sinners born in sin) and faith in the Lamb who takes away the sins of the world.

BTW.....the serpent was cursed (aka condemned). Adam (nor Eve) were cursed. On the contrary, they were covered by the blood aka saved.
Yes judgement was rendered by cursing the GROUND........for Adam's sake. Likewise the guarding of the tree of life by Cherubim. This was also done for Adams sake, so that he would not live forever in a state of sin, degrading and corrupting continually forever.

FYI........the second death is the condition of living forever in a state of sin, degrading and corrupting continually forever.
I think you missed a word... Neither Adam nor Eve were cursed.