Are WOMEN Pastors Biblical??

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Aidan1

Mar 17, 2021
So if a couple is coming as pastor into the church for to serve there, as it happend in a Baptist church near my place. Then the Man is allwed to be Pastor, but the woman (wife) not. According your Argumentation.
So an unmarried woman then is allowed to teach?
In the time of Paul, if I am not wrong, a woman was under the authority of her father ore older brother, till she married.
No wexshould find out in which age the woman married in those time. But I a suggest that they were young. Late Teen early twen?
And they then were allwoed to teach man?
Before they married?

But the point of Paul why woman ( married ore not ) should not teach over man is a twofold:
1. Verse: vers 13: man was build before the woman.
2. verse 14:the woman was deceived.

I know that many try to discuss this facts away, but then you have to ignore the Word of God.
Because there is no Single vers in the NT which allowes a man to teach over man. ( to have authority over man)
Sorry, my correctur program Was making somerhing wrong.
I meant: which allowes a woman to teach over man. ( to have authority over man)

101G

Banned
Apr 1, 2021
So if a couple is coming as pastor into the church for to serve there, as it happend in a Baptist church near my place. Then the Man is allwed to be Pastor, but the woman (wife) not. According your Argumentation.
not my argument
So an unmarried woman then is allowed to teach?
if God called here to teach
In the time of Paul, if I am not wrong, a woman was under the authority of her father ore older brother, till she married.
OT, not NT, so that argument want work, for the woman Lydia, put that misconception to rest. Acts 16:14 "And a certain woman named Lydia, a seller of purple, of the city of Thyatira, which worshipped God, heard us: whose heart the Lord opened, that she attended unto the things which were spoken of Paul."
Acts 16:15 "And when she was baptized, and her household, she besought us, saying, If ye have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come into my house, and abide there. And she constrained us."
so that is disproven,
But the point of Paul why woman ( married ore not ) should not teach over man is a twofold:
ERROR, I suggest you read these two previous post of mind,

https://christianchat.com/threads/are-women-pastors-biblical.196631/post-4525309

and here,

https://christianchat.com/threads/are-women-pastors-biblical.196631/post-4525362

but thanks for the inquary.

PICJAG, 101G.

Toto

Apr 4, 2021
Will everybody please read ALL of the above arguments. Does anyone truly believe that God would make His word so obscure as to invite endless debate and no agreement? No he would not. He says what he means, first time. End of discussion.

101G

Banned
Apr 1, 2021
Now, lets dig into the qualification of a "BISHOP", meaning BIBLICAL qualification.
1 Timothy 3:1 "This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work."
1 Timothy 3:2 "A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;"
1 Timothy 3:3 "Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;"
1 Timothy 3:4 "One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;"
1 Timothy 3:5 "(For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)"
1 Timothy 3:6 "Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil."
1 Timothy 3:7 "Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil."

the only biblical qualification for a bishop is in verse 2, "apt to teach;". the rest of the qualification, is social, or civil in nature.
APT to Teach,
Apt, 1 Fit; suitable, 2. Having a tendency. 3. Inclined. 4. Ready; quick; used of the mental powers; as, a pupil apt to learn; an opt wit.
5. Qualified; fit.

so clearly, the only ecclesiastical or biracial qualification for a bishop is to be FIT to TEACH. the rest are social qualifications.

so the qualification for a Bishop is to TEACH, well what? answer, Acts 20:28 "Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood."
FEED the FLOCK of GOD, where has we heard this before? answer, Jeremiah 3:15 "And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding."

there it is plain as day. when one is guide by the Holy Ghost, one then can see clearly,

now my source for "APT", the definition, is the Noah Webster's 1828 Dictionary of American English

PICJAG, 101G.

Aidan1

Mar 17, 2021
not my argument

if God called here to teach

OT, not NT, so that argument want work, for the woman Lydia, put that misconception to rest. Acts 16:14 "And a certain woman named Lydia, a seller of purple, of the city of Thyatira, which worshipped God, heard us: whose heart the Lord opened, that she attended unto the things which were spoken of Paul."
Acts 16:15 "And when she was baptized, and her household, she besought us, saying, If ye have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come into my house, and abide there. And she constrained us."
so that is disproven,

ERROR, I suggest you read these two previous post of mind,

https://christianchat.com/threads/are-women-pastors-biblical.196631/post-4525309

and here,

https://christianchat.com/threads/are-women-pastors-biblical.196631/post-4525362

but thanks for the inquary.

PICJAG, 101G.
Your welcome. We will stay in our different meanings. Btw. Nowhere the scripture says that Lydia was Pastor in her house ore even she was leader of a church, only because she opend her house for belivers and Meetings.

101G

Banned
Apr 1, 2021
Will everybody please read ALL of the above arguments. Does anyone truly believe that God would make His word so obscure as to invite endless debate and no agreement? No he would not. He says what he means, first time. End of discussion.
one can run from the truth, but one cannot hid from God, and his TRUTH.

2 Timothy 2:15 "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."
if one cannot RIGHTLY DIVIDE the Word of TRUTH, then run, but toward GOD.

PICJAG, 101G.

101G

Banned
Apr 1, 2021
Your welcome. We will stay in our different meanings. Btw. Nowhere the scripture says that Lydia was Pastor in her house ore even she was leader of a church, only because she opend her house for belivers and Meetings.
thanks for the reply, second, to rebut the virgin at home... (smile).

now, a woman bishop in your bible, before your face, Romans 16:3 "Greet Priscilla and Aquila my helpers in Christ Jesus:" find out what the term "Helper" here means...

PICJAG, 1012G.

Toto

Apr 4, 2021
Now, lets dig into the qualification of a "BISHOP", meaning BIBLICAL qualification.
1 Timothy 3:1 "This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work."
1 Timothy 3:2 "A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;"
1 Timothy 3:3 "Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;"
1 Timothy 3:4 "One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;"
1 Timothy 3:5 "(For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)"
1 Timothy 3:6 "Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil."
1 Timothy 3:7 "Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil."

the only biblical qualification for a bishop is in verse 2, "apt to teach;". the rest of the qualification, is social, or civil in nature.
APT to Teach,
Apt, 1 Fit; suitable, 2. Having a tendency. 3. Inclined. 4. Ready; quick; used of the mental powers; as, a pupil apt to learn; an opt wit.
5. Qualified; fit.

so clearly, the only ecclesiastical or biracial qualification for a bishop is to be FIT to TEACH. the rest are social qualifications.

so the qualification for a Bishop is to TEACH, well what? answer, Acts 20:28 "Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood."
FEED the FLOCK of GOD, where has we heard this before? answer, Jeremiah 3:15 "And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding."

there it is plain as day. when one is guide by the Holy Ghost, one then can see clearly,

now my source for "APT", the definition, is the Noah Webster's 1828 Dictionary of American English

PICJAG, 101G.
You conveniently forgot to quote the 'husband of one wife' txt.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
Thats why, someone has a wrong understanding from the scripure. And the devil is uesing this. Disharmony in the church is his goal, not believing God is his Goal. Distrust in God is his goal. .......
Unfortunately there are wolves in sheep clothing, you shall know the by their fruits

Those that are sealed by the Holy Spirit, will gladly submit in obedience to Gods words of truth

Those that aren't sealed will move in selfish gain, in rebellious defiance, in disobedience as is seen.

Matthew 7:13-16KJV

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
my question to you how can you believe what you don't UNDERSTAND, because you might believe ... "WRONG".

Personally have nothing to do with the scriptures, 2 Peter 1:20 "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation." so what I or you "Personally" think is useless, stick with the Facts.

evidence? Proverbs 4:5 "Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth."
Proverbs 4:6 "Forsake her not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee."
Proverbs 4:7 "Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding."
THERE IS THE EVIDENCE.

UNTRUE, this is why we have the A. the scriptures, and B. the Holy Ghost in us. and the scriptures are clear, 1 Thessalonians 5:21 "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good."
so that's just an excuse.

FAITH, is not blind, did you not read, 2 Timothy 2:15 "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." the scriptures states, "STUDY". another excuse.

well you did say something true, I just might be wasting my time try to discuss a topic, with that GOOD DAY.

PICJAG, 101G.
101G Another new member, joining (Thursday) a few days ago, jumping right into the thick of things? :giggle:

101G

Banned
Apr 1, 2021
You conveniently forgot to quote the 'husband of one wife' txt.
NO need to, it's not a BIBLICAL, nor a ecclesiastical qualification to be a BISHOP.

see, this is the ignorance or the LACK of KNOWLEDGE I speak of. Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children."

if any have a LACK of KNOWLEDGE, Proverbs 4:7 "Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding."

that's why God's people are destroyed, and have division, no WISDOM of God.

PICJAG, 101G.

101G

Banned
Apr 1, 2021
101G Another new member, joining (Thursday) a few days ago, jumping right into the thick of things? :giggle:
Isaiah 42:9 "Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them."

Mark 16:17 "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;"

now, would you like to comment on Post 1384?

PICJAG, 101G.

Aidan1

Mar 17, 2021
NO need to, it's not a BIBLICAL, nor a ecclesiastical qualification to be a BISHOP.

see, this is the ignorance or the LACK of KNOWLEDGE I speak of. Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children."

if any have a LACK of KNOWLEDGE, Proverbs 4:7 "Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding."

PICJAG, 101G.
To ignore word of God has nothing to to with wisdom.

101G

Banned
Apr 1, 2021
To ignore word of God has nothing to to with wisdom.
Proverbs 1:7 "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction."

PICJAG, 101G.

Toto

Apr 4, 2021

PICJAG, 101G.
Its quoted in the list of what qualifies someone to be a bishop. I do not see how you could have missed that.

101G

Banned
Apr 1, 2021
Its quoted in the list of what qualifies someone to be a bishop. I do not see how you could have missed that.
ERROR, all are civil standards, except "Apt to teach" now if you have any that are ecclesiastical in nature, please post them

PICJAG, 101G.

101G

Banned
Apr 1, 2021
MY God people are not reading with the Holy Ghost. this is plain as day.

PICJAG, 101G.

Toto

Apr 4, 2021
ERROR, all are civil standards, except "Apt to teach" now if you have any that are ecclesiastical in nature, please post them

PICJAG, 101G.
What's a civil standard? Husband = male as far as I'm concerned, as it did in biblical times.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Also I have already provided the Bible reference pertinent to this debate, which you will know about if you have bern properly following my posts. I am not going to repeat myself adim infinitum.
"Properly following" your posts? Who are you, the pope? Read the first page of the thread; I've been around this a bit longer than you, and I'm well aware of the relevant passages of Scripture. I asked you to quote it, because I know quite well that it doesn't say what you claimed that it said. However, as with most of those who decry female leadership, you are apparently quite willing to claim "synonymous meaning" when convenient for you, and ignore or reject important context because it doesn't support your interpretation.

Aidan1

Mar 17, 2021
Proverbs 1:7 "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction."

PICJAG, 101G.
Again, ignoring the word of God has nothig to do with wisdom.