Are WOMEN Pastors Biblical??

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Here you go buddy. Conjoined indeed.....:unsure:

Eph 5:31
For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

Eph 5:32
This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Eph 5:33
Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.
Quoting barely-relevant Scripture at me is not going to convince me that your interpretation is correct.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
NO! 1st Timothy 2:11,12. women are to learn in silence with all subjection.
And again…

“A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner.”
‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭2‬:‭11‬-‭14‬ ‭NIV

A woman, singular. Not ‘women’, plural. The context strongly suggests that Paul had a particular woman in view, and that his intent was that she learn the Christian faith properly before teaching. People are not supposed to learn indefinitely and never do anything with their knowledge.

it was always His intention for man to lead women. ‬‬
God did indeed form the man first, but the passage does not support your statement.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Quoting barely-relevant Scripture at me is not going to convince me that your interpretation is correct.
Ahhhh but those verses ARE profoundly relevant. Devastatingly so.

And as far as being "conjoined" is concerned, every single solitary Bible verse, thought, type, idiom, concept, detail, nuance and fact are fully integrated flawlessly with perfect concordance and harmony into one masterful divine whole.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
A woman, singular. Not ‘women’, plural. The context strongly suggests that Paul had a particular woman in view, and that his intent was that she learn the Christian faith properly before teaching. People are not supposed to learn indefinitely and never do anything with their knowledge.
This is simply playing word games and also baloney. It makes no difference how that is worded. So what about this where women is in the plural and churches are also plural? Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. (1 Cor 14:34).

Ordaining women in churches to preach, teach, or assume authority is is fact BLATANT REBELLION and disobedience.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
This is simply playing word games and also baloney. It makes no difference how that is worded. So what about this where women is in the plural and churches are also plural? Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. (1 Cor 14:34).

Ordaining women in churches to preach, teach, or assume authority is is fact BLATANT REBELLION and disobedience.
I do wonder whether @Dino246 would be excommunicated from his fellowship if he recanted and came to terms with Paul's teaching on the matter?

I am thinking that this is what drives many people around here to support erroneous doctrine.

Platosgal

Mar 17, 2020
That is the answer to the question.

I went to a bible college that taught Women should be pastors,
I believed, I stood up with pride for Womens...bla bla bla

The bible is very clear
"Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law."
1 Corinthians 14:34

Either believe all of the bible
Or you are not a believer at all

There is a reason we ( women) need to be silent, its a long story
But - to believe and trust GOD
You become free and more different then everyone else on earth.

I was that ( un-Godly) ego raising
" preacher" and when I realized the Truth of life is Not what we are taught, not what we think, or imagine, but what is real reality is in the Bible and as I followed God and accepted his word as truth. I started to truly Live! Peace and Hope, Provision and Fearlessness

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015

I'm disappointed that you care so little for the exact words of Scripture in one case, and quote them to support your position in another. Either they matter, or they don't. You can't have it both ways.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
That is the answer to the question.

I went to a bible college that taught Women should be pastors,
I believed, I stood up with pride for Womens...bla bla bla

The bible is very clear
"Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law."
1 Corinthians 14:34

Either believe all of the bible
Or you are not a believer at all

There is a reason we ( women) need to be silent, its a long story
But - to believe and trust GOD
You become free and more different then everyone else on earth.

I was that ( un-Godly) ego raising
" preacher" and when I realized the Truth of life is Not what we are taught, not what we think, or imagine, but what is real reality is in the Bible and as I followed God and accepted his word as truth. I started to truly Live! Peace and Hope, Provision and Fearlessness
The words attributed to Paul here simply don't make sense in context. However, if these words were inserted (possible) or actually a quotation (much more plausible), then we have misattributed them to Paul and thereby misinterpreted the passage.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I do wonder whether @Dino246 would be excommunicated from his fellowship if he recanted and came to terms with Paul's teaching on the matter?

I am thinking that this is what drives many people around here to support erroneous doctrine.
Don't be a donkey. Neither Neh6 nor you know me (or my home fellowship) at all, so don't make asinine assumptions.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Ahhhh but those verses ARE profoundly relevant. Devastatingly so.

And as far as being "conjoined" is concerned, every single solitary Bible verse, thought, type, idiom, concept, detail, nuance and fact are fully integrated flawlessly with perfect concordance and harmony into one masterful divine whole.
Whatever. Play your word games; I don't care. I trust what Scripture says... in its context.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
And what you have listed are the apostate churches who have rejected the Word of God and substituted their own false beliefs into their churches (including women pastors).
What you have described here are all the denominations which will not agree with one another due to doctrinal differences.

Platosgal

Mar 17, 2020
The strongest argument I find is that God gives spiritual gifts, I believe God can give a woman the skills/gifts to be pastor. Keep in mind that women also pray to God about this issue before becoming a pastor, and wait for His answer. Another compelling reason I find is that the Bible says single unmarried men cannot be church leaders:

1 Timothy 3:2 “A bishop (elder) then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, temperate, sober-minded, of good behavior, hospitable, able to teach”; 1 Timothy 3:12 “Let deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well”; and Titus 1:6-7 “. . . appoint elders in every city as I commanded you—if a man is blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children not accused of dissipation or insubordination...” These three passages suggest that an elder or deacon must be a married man.
However, if that's the case even Jesus and Paul would be unqualified to be pastor.

The authority issue is about the husband and wife relationship; the husband has authority over the wife. However, any random man does not automatically have authority over a woman. If the woman is married, I do think she needs the husband's approval before being pastor. My observation with the female pastors I see is that the husbands are proud of their wives.

You are not a believer in Christ or the bible.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I'm disappointed that you care so little for the exact words of Scripture in one case, and quote them to support your position in another. Either they matter, or they don't. You can't have it both ways.
I don't need to have it both ways. All the Scriptures regarding the role of women need to be brought together and harmonized (which you failed to do). You incorrectly focused on "one woman", when that was not even Paul's intent. Paul was speaking generically of women, as we note in other passages.

What the naysayers fail to understand is that these are not the whims of the apostle Paul, but the directives of God the Holy Spirit. And God has very sound reasons for barring women from taking spiritual authority within the churches.

We may think it is rather strange that all of this goes back to Eve allowing herself to be deceived. But when you read between the lines, Eve was colluding with Satan in order to fulfil her own lusts. But she failed to take full responsibility for her disobedience, even though she was fully aware of what God had said to Adam. And then she put Adam between a rock and a hard place. Not that he was innocent either, but his motivation may have simply been to please his wife rather than God.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
A red X? Misapprehension of that post of mine is the reason you approve of women pastors.
Greek thought processes and rhetoric just will not do if you desire to rightly interpret the Bible.

If what you propose/opine does not fit/harmonize/accord with the vast sweeping Bibically established types/patterns/mnemonics, you can bet your bottom dollar that you're going to end up in the wrong.

Eve is the wife of Adam. Israel is the wife of YHVH. The Church is the bride of Jesus Messiah.

The authoritative heirarchy firmly established in these Divinely ordered relationships cannot be challenged. Yet you presume to say that a supposedly Divinely appointed woman pastor should have authority over the man (men like Adam or Jesus)?

No, but I say to you that your view is erronious, negligent and destructive.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
His motivation was to SAVE his wife. And God did save her. And Adam as well.
I see why you believe as you do: you don’t treat Scripture seriously enough to avoid adding to it.

DJT_47

Oct 20, 2022
1st of all, a pastor is same as an elder, shephard, bishop. It's not the preacher/minister. Secondly, women should not hold either role according to scripture.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
I see why you believe as you do: you don’t treat Scripture seriously enough to avoid adding to it.
Mat 23:24
Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.

In other words: do not fail to recognize the sacrosanct Biblical pattens. Right? I mean that was the Pharisees biggest problem? Right?
Not recognizing their Savior? So exemplified in their own Divinely ordered sacrificial and religious system?

Isa 3:12
As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths

Sound advice.....

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Does this fall under the heading of new laws, new sttues, new commandments, apostasy?