Are You Believing a Heresy? You Might According to a New Study

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
I interrupt this thread to pray.......

Dear Heavenly Father, :love:

Forgive us all - Your People, called by Your Name in the Earth - help us, strengthen us, awaken us, lead us and ignites us with Your Holy Fire of unquenchable passion for those that sit in darkness to know the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob - the God of the Hebrews - the God of the Jews - the God of the Christians - the One and Only True God and Savior.

May those that know You and love You do exploits in the Earth that testify .........there is a GOD, come and know Him, love Him, trust Him, praise Him, worship Him, reverence Him, fear Him, earnestly seek Him and don’t forget to snuggle and cuddle with Him! Jesus Christ is Lord!

Deliver us from heresies. Thank You, Father for hearing our prayer, in Jesus’ Name, amen. :love:

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
No, those type aren't given the task of teaching and preaching. Those type are a warning to run from such false teachers and preachers.
You are confusing genuine preachers and teachers with false preachers and teachers. Both are present today and Christians need to discern between genuine and spurious.

Mar 28, 2016
10/17/2018 " How well do Christians really understand biblical doctrine about their faith?
Ligonier Ministries released its third study on the State of Theology in the United States conducted by LifeWay Research.
They asked 3,000 Americans what they believe about "God, salvation, ethics, and the Bible" and discovered several alarming heresies that some Christians say they believe.
"One of the most striking findings is that Americans continue to fail to grasp that God is holy," Ligonier said in a statement.
A whopping 69 percent of Americans disagree with the idea that "Even the smallest sin deserves eternal damnation," a doctrine clearly outlined in the Bible.
It turns out that evangelical Christians also have a hard time believing what the Bible says about man's sinful nature. This is demonstrated by the fact that 52 percent of evangelicals agree that everyone sins a little, "but most people are good by nature." "
http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2018...g-a-heresy-you-might-according-to-a-new-study

30 thousand member congregations at so called mega-churches that never hear the speaker at the pulpit talk about sin and repentance I think leads to this false understanding. Very troubling times but it is all part of God's plan. And it will arrive at a glorious conclusion in his due time. That's the one thing that makes the things happening in this world bearable I think. That and not watching the worldly news but reading Christian news sites instead.
Though from time to time happening on One America News isn't a bad thing. The one true unbiased news site broadcast in America. Thank God.
It has much to do with the way the word heresy was redefined before the reformation and used as a weapon against all things written in the law and the prophets.(sola scriptura) The result of violating a law for rightly dividing the word of God found in Deuteronomy not to add a new meaning to a single word it can change the outcome of the author as in blasphemy and diminish the understanding.

It is a different warning them the one at the end of the book of prophecy the bible (Revelation 22).That warning is in respect to not adding or subtracting in respect to the whole now that we do have the perfect with no books or chapters missing.

Deuteronomy 4:1-2 King James Version (KJV) Now therefore hearken, O Israel, unto the statutes and unto the judgments, which I teach you, for to do them, that ye may live, and go in and possess the land which the Lord God of your fathers giveth you.Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
"Eternal torment" is not only a heresy, but it is moreso a blasphemous slander against the Holy and Just character of God.
Your KJV says otherwise, in Mark 9:

42 And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.
43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
46 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:
48 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

PyongPing

Oct 9, 2018
www.worldincrisis.org
Your KJV says otherwise, in Mark 9:

42 And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.
43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
46 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:
48 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
No it doesn't. That text does not say even once "Eternal Torment", nor imply it, and you yourself do not even understand the text, neither the definition of the words therein. Care to see?

Is God long-suffering, or eternally suffering the wicked?

What are the wages of Sin? Did Jesus pay that?

Let me know when you are ready to look at Mark 9 in detail.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
In OUTER DARKNESS. Presumably that is outside space and therefore outside the New Heaves and the New Earth "wherein dwelleth righteousnesss".
So, is this the definition of hell/lake of fire? I don't think there's such thing as outer darkness and space doesn't have boundaries so that a man can say "...there, that marks the end of heavens...".

Everything that is created is within the scope of heavens and earth; Anything that falls outside this scope can never be created or destroyed because it doesn't exist.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
No it doesn't. That text does not say even once "Eternal Torment", nor imply it, and you yourself do not even understand the text, neither the definition of the words therein. Care to see?

Is God long-suffering, or eternally suffering the wicked?

What are the wages of Sin? Did Jesus pay that?

Let me know when you are ready to look at Mark 9 in detail.
Oh my goodness. What part of "into the fire that never shall be quenched: Where their worm dieth not" does not clearly mean "eternal torment".

smh...

PyongPing

Oct 9, 2018
www.worldincrisis.org
Oh my goodness. What part of "into the fire that never shall be quenched: Where their worm dieth not" does not clearly mean "eternal torment".

smh...
Define "quenched". Not a matter of "fire" (I do not deny fire). I said there is no such thing, scripturally, as "eternal torment".

Do you desire to look at Mark 9 with me in detail, YES/NO?

If NO, I already know why.

PyongPing

Oct 9, 2018
www.worldincrisis.org
This may be helpful to some:

I find it explains in simple terms. Though I will give minute details as necessary. Even historical citations after that.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I don't think there's such thing as outer darkness...
Looks like you do not believe the words of Christ. No remedy for that.
space doesn't have boundaries...
Space is FINITE according to those who study space..

"Scientists have announced tantalising hints that the Universe is actually relatively small, with a hall-of-mirrors illusion tricking us into thinking that space stretches on forever...
... something like 70 billion light years across. What’s more, we could in theory see the entire cosmos and check that there are no hidden corners where the laws of physics are different. "

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn4250-tantalising-evidence-hints-universe-is-finite/

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
What are some of those officially Christian countries?
USA, Sweden, Spain, Poland, italy, Russia, Norway, Ireland, maybe Germany?, many African countries, Mexico, maybe south america.

By "officially" I do not mean some paper. I mean by that that "not to be a Christian" there is to be a minority, culture, media, politics are using Christian themes to be popular (for example, every president of the US must pretend he is a Christian).

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015

"Scientists have announced tantalising hints that the Universe is actually relatively small, with a hall-of-mirrors illusion tricking us into thinking that space stretches on forever...
... something like 70 billion light years across. What’s more, we could in theory see the entire cosmos and check that there are no hidden corners where the laws of physics are different. "

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn4250-tantalising-evidence-hints-universe-is-finite/
Space is expanding... meaning that it is finite, but ever growing.

On the other hand, I very doubt that by "outer darkness" Christ meant some cosmological description like "behind the universe".

Yama

Feb 19, 2017

What? Did you even bother to read the rest of that article- it's literally talking about a data anomaly to which no explanation exists- one scientist has claimed it could support his hypothesis of a finite universe but the very second half of that article goes on to explain how that anomaly (finite space) is contradicted by the evidence. Neither this article nor the scientist in it claim space IS finite. That's not how science works and that isn't how you read an article lol.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016

There is no outside space whether you want to argue it biblically or scientifically. In the beginning, God created the heavens and earth- everything that was created should fall within this scope, if there's a hell outside this scope then God would have said so. He would have said "in the beginning God created heavens and earth and hell", but He didn't.

I believe every word that God spoke and my goal is to understand God.

I believe hell is real, it is an eternal torment but i do believe the description of hell is an experience for everything that will be forgotten by God for in His memory, there's goodness.

Isa 65:17For behold, I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered,nor will they come to mind. 18But be glad and rejoice forever in what I create; for I will create Jerusalem to be a joy and its people to be a delight.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Define "quenched". Not a matter of "fire" (I do not deny fire). I said there is no such thing, scripturally, as "eternal torment".

Do you desire to look at Mark 9 with me in detail, YES/NO?

If NO, I already know why.
You know nothing about me except what I have written. I have no time for your unwarranted speculations... about me or about Scripture.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
It always happens when some post . Another comes on, and instead of understanding the post they reply to, they commence to tell the poster what he (the poster) means, with absolutely no understanding whatsoever.

God bless us all, amen

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
USA, Sweden, Spain, Poland, italy, Russia, Norway, Ireland, maybe Germany?, many African countries, Mexico, maybe south america.

By "officially" I do not mean some paper. I mean by that that "not to be a Christian" there is to be a minority, culture, media, politics are using Christian themes to be popular (for example, every president of the US must pretend he is a Christian).
Thank you for clarifying your definition of officially.

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
The Israel of God, other there are 0.
Israel isn't Christian. I believe the Trofimus post regarding "officially" pertained to contemporary nations. Could be wrong though.