Are you happy with who you are right now?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Maybe not happy with who I am but very happy with where I am in life. I love this retirement phase with most of my big responsibilities behind me like work, raising a family and the big worries that I had to deal with before where I am right now and I LOVE the phase of life I'm in right now.
It's not so bad if you think about it.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Besides from being ugly, stupid, and broke; "Yes" I'm not only happy, but thrilled with who I am :).
Kidding...... I'm not sure its healthy to ever be happy with who we are? If we are content with who we are, there's no reason to ever try and change for the better.
I'm content with who I am too at this stage of my life.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Me neither, not by a long shot am i anywhere near the person i want to be.. But i have hope that i will be way better then the best person i could ever imagine when i am transformed by God on the day of the reasurection... :)

If a person is happy with who they are now then i fear for that person..

Yes we can be at peace and content with our situation knowing that God has us covered.. But happy?? No Way..
"If you're happy and you know it clap your hands..."

A

AuntieAnt

Gabe, this is actually how I feel when I'm spending time alone with God. Haha!! I love who I am in His Presence. Rather, I love who He and I are in His Presence: Father and daughter. :giggle:

As for who I am, yes I do like who I am. Of course, I know even at my age I'm still the Lord's work in progress. But most of the time I'm a very upbeat, happy person and I enjoy making others feel at ease around me.

Aug 2, 2009
Gabe, this is actually how I feel when I'm spending time alone with God. Haha!! I love who I am in His Presence. Rather, I love who He and I are in His Presence: Father and daughter. :giggle:

As for who I am, yes I do like who I am. Of course, I know even at my age I'm still the Lord's work in progress. But most of the time I'm a very upbeat, happy person and I enjoy making others feel at ease around me.
I was just responding to Tourist's post that says "If you're happy and you know it clap your hands". I'm glad that you're happy AuntieAnt. :) I wish I could say the same.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
"If you're happy and you know it clap your hands..."
I heard a different version... something about shake your pills... I think it was a modernized version though.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I heard a different version... something about shake your pills... I think it was a modernized version though.
The modern version is more edgy.

"If your happy and you know it shake your pills..."

May 20, 2017
I think I have grown so much over the past several years...in the furnace as it were. I am fairly content at this moment, but understand that I'm still a work in progress and will be for life. I'm just ready to be out of the pressure cooker for a while and enjoy a time of rest and peace, while continuing to grow in my knowledge and faith in God.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
The modern version is more edgy.

"If your happy and you know it shake your pills..."
If you're happy and you know it
Your prescriptions, they will show it...

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
I've tried to leave God today I of course felt foolish as it was a moment of confusion. But I realized he won't let me go 😊 So right now I'm pretty good but could always do better

Krumbeard

Apr 15, 2019
In the words of John Newton;
"I am not what I ought to be, I am not what I want to be in another world; but still I am not what I once used to be, and by the grace of God I am what I am."

Krumbeard

Apr 15, 2019
In the words of John Newton;
"I am not what I ought to be, I am not what I want to be in another world; but still I am not what I once used to be, and by the grace of God I am what I am."
I would say that I am not happy with myself. There is so many things wrong with me. when I begin to right those things and concentrate on those areas I fail in other areas. If I turn my attention to those things I slide back where I was working to "fix" things.

I am learning more and more that I do not do things solely for doing right. I am finding that as I examine my motives there are underlying selfish and sinful motives. The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can understand. Jeremiah 17:9

I am grateful that faith is a gift of God and does not depend on me. Ephesians 2:8-9

This does not mean that I do not live accordingly. I do not continue in sin since there is grace. Romans 6:1 ( I believe the spirit will convict you of sin so that you will battle with it) But I need to remember that doing "good" does not save but should be fruit of salvation.

So I am where I am. I will not always be here and I am sure there are tough roads ahead. These will be used by God to teach more much needed lessons in this very imperfect life.

Stephy13

Aug 12, 2019
I’m happy with who I’m becoming. God is teaching me a lot now and I’m still trying to learn who I am. I’m currently going thru a divorce😢

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Sadly I have a feeling I won't ever like where I am. But part of that may be good in not giving myself a big sense of inflated ego

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
I've decided I'm much happier being me than being pretty much anyone else I know. That's got to count for something.