M
Mitspa
Guest
I'm not from Russia...
Yes, I know how your judicial system works... especially when it comes to capital punishment.
Sorry Germany ..have you studied our system?
I'm not from Russia...
Yes, I know how your judicial system works... especially when it comes to capital punishment.
Should tax payer money be distributed to institutions that administer abortions? What about people who see the sanctity of life in the unborn and don't want to support by proxy their abominations from their taxes?
Killing a murderer basically presumes they are irredeemable.
I'm not from Russia...
Yes, I know how your judicial system works... especially when it comes to capital punishment.
I have already shown you in clear and evident words from the New Testament ..that God upholds capital punishment ... You only have to read and its evident.
And I think a honest discussion is fair.... I have tried to present the other side of your opinion
lol ok that was a cheap shot.... please forgive me?That's part of your input that I do appreciate. I don't care much for you assuming to know my heart or that I stand with Al (hands up) Sharpton.
It was brought to my attention that Christ stopped several capital punishments from occurring in the new testament. That was more clear to me than the Romans passage supposedly explicitly supporting capital punishment. Though, I will say I understand the logic behind implying that's what the Roman scripture says.
Yes... but a fellow sister was mistaken that it's more expensive to keep a prisoner alive in prison than it is to execute. My point then was that she is mistaken. I cited my source that it's incredibly more expensive to execute than it is to put in prison for life. You somehow think that because litigation after the sentencing is expensive, it huts my case but fail to explain how...
Did you approve of the capital punishment against some of the Nazis?
If I thought capital punishment would bring back the Jewish and non-Jewish people murdered at the hands of the Nazis, maybe. It's a moot point in that we know it wouldn't.
I'm not justifying murdering, but some people obeyed abominable orders given to them. For example, the two atomic bombs dropped on Japan by the US during the 2nd World War. The pilot was following orders to destroy the inhabitants of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, most of which were innocent civilians. Their crime was living in the wrong country at the wrong time.
Do I think they should be punished, the Nazis and all the people responsible for killing innocent Japanese civilians, absolutely! Executed? No.
I'm not justifying murdering, but some people obeyed abominable orders given to them. For example, the two atomic bombs dropped on Japan by the US during the 2nd World War. The pilot was following orders to destroy the inhabitants of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, most of which were innocent civilians. Their crime was living in the wrong country at the wrong time.
Do I think they should be punished, the Nazis and all the people responsible for killing innocent Japanese civilians, absolutely! Executed? No.
lol ok that was a cheap shot.... please forgive me?
Yes Christ stopped a women caught in adultery ..about to be stoned according to the law of God...He did not stop the legal process against killers and thieves
Sorry, but I'm not convinced of your citation (you keep using the same site over and over -- are there any other citations you can offer?) -- anyone can find anything on the internet to support one's side of an argument.
You seem to be avoiding the question? You did approve? Or did not approve?
Executed? No.
lol ok that was a cheap shot.... please forgive me?
Yes Christ stopped a women caught in adultery ..about to be stoned according to the law of God...He did not stop the legal process against killers and thieves
I disagree. Moses escaped punishment because he ran away. God didn't force him to "face the law." David escaped punishment due to his repentance. God didn't force him to "face the law." Paul was spared punishment for killing Christians because of his conversion. God didn't force him to "face the law."
You're forgiven even if you didn't apologize, but it makes me feel better that you are sincerely sorry.No harm.
No one is asking for the legal process to stop either. We can still punish people without executing them. If you recall, it was a capital offense to do what she did. Even if you disagree, can't you at the very least understand the logic behind it? I see the logic behind the implicit meaning you give the Romans scripture, I just don't agree with your interpretation.
You insist on comparing convicted murderers to innocent babies in the womb. You're comparing apples to oranges. One is innocent, one is not. There are consequences to one's actions. An innocent baby has done nothing wrong while the convicted murderer has committed a heinous crime. It's a ridiculous argument.
Of course those are Old Testament examples of godly men who had a purpose in the Lord... and God worked on their behalf ..as He will for anyone that trust in Him.... But the fact is that the New Testament clearly upholds capital punishment as being ordained of God... Now any killer can find help in the Lord, if they turn to Him..and I think they are many examples of that..even in our modern times. But God does not overturn the legal process He established to punish evildoers within the justice system of men.
Umm...Paul wasn't in the Old Testament.