Are you scared of going to hell?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Scared of hell?

• Yes.

• No.

• Haven't thought about it much.

• Hell is other people.

• Why? Just why? D:

• Other or not applicable to you.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Going_Nowhere

Nov 10, 2019
I'm sure many Christians have that "What if?" thought. I know I have. And that thought being: What if, despite my Christian faith, I go to hell?

In our minds, the reasons vary. Maybe we didn't live a good enough life. Maybe we died without repenting for our sins. Maybe some of us feel like we did or said something God won't forgive us for. Things like that.

What about you? Are you afraid you might wind up in hell?

And please note: This is NOT a thread to argue about the existence or non-existence of hell. If you don't believe hell is a literal place, then this thread doesn't apply to you. Thank you very much.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
The same Lord is Lord of all, and gives richly to all who call on Him, 13for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” Rom 10:13

Not worried and not fearful if a person has accepted Jesus. However, one thing I am concerned about is the crowns. I have to research more but I understand there are rewards in Heaven for our efforts doing the Lord's work. Now is the time to of course serve God and acquire crowns which will have special benefits in Heaven. Btw there is an awesome video '23 Minutes in Hell' by Bill Weise who is a married conservative who describes what it was like there.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Are you scared of going to hell?
No. If God sends me there anyway, I know He has made the right decision, simply because
He cannot be wrong. I believe hell is a literal place, but certainly not what many believe.

1 John 4:18
:)

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
I'm sure many Christians have that "What if?" thought. I know I have. And that thought being: What if, despite my Christian faith, I go to hell?

In our minds, the reasons vary. Maybe we didn't live a good enough life. Maybe we died without repenting for our sins. Maybe some of us feel like we did or said something God won't forgive us for. Things like that.

And please note: This is NOT a thread to argue about the existence or non-existence of hell. If you don't believe hell is a literal place, then this thread doesn't apply to you. Thank you very much.

My eternal destiny is settled. Lord Jesus went to hell in my place. Spiritually, He took me with Him. He rose from the dead and I rose with Him, leaving my old, dead spirit in hell. I am now seated in the heavenlies in Christ Jesus. Heaven is my home, not my destination. My security is based on what Christ has done for me, not on what I do or do not do. So, i have nothing to fear.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
I used to fear like crazy all the time! Now that I've accepted Christ as my Savior I never worry about it. I just think about the great life ahead in the kingdom with Him.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I am not scared of going to hell.

I am terrified for some people I know who are nice people but are not saved.

Charlie24

Oct 31, 2021

I think all of us have that thought from time to time, it's only human for it to happen. It's our faith in Christ that saves us, even when we sin we are still covered by the Blood of the Lamb by faith. Many don't quite understand this and wonder if they are good enough to go to heaven.

That's not it at all! The only reason we will make it is by faith in the finished work of Christ, what He did for us on Calvary. Faith that no matter what happens in this world, we are safe by faith in Him.

I have to rest in that fact that His word is true, I have no other hope but Him! So when that thought comes to mind, I say, get behind me Satan, I know who my Redeemer is!

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I used to fear like crazy all the time! Now that I've accepted Christ as my Savior I never worry about it. I just think about the great life ahead in the kingdom with Him.
Isa 33:21 But there the glorious LORD will be unto us a place of broad rivers and streams; wherein shall go no galley with oars, neither shall gallant ship pass thereby.
Takes my breath away.