Tall_Timbers
Well-known member
I like buffet restaurants since I can take some of what looks good to me, and if I enjoy it and still have a little room I can go back and get a little more. That said, a lot of buffet restaurants aren't very good, but when you find a good one, it's a great experience.
I prepare the fancy foods at home and do a pretty good job, so when we do eat out it's fast food or the lower end sit downs like Texas Roadhouse, Outback, etc.
When dining out, if hamburgers are on the menu, that's what I order since it is my favorite food. If I'm at a Chinese restaurant I like to get something with the hot peppers next to it, preferably with beef. If I'm at a Mexican restaurant I like to get shredded beef burritos or tacos de carnitas, but in that case what I prepare at home is better than I've ever gotten in a restaurant.
Where I live I don't believe there are any buffets that are good, though I may not have discovered all of them. In fact, in this town I've been disappointed in the food quality during most of my dining out experiences. That might not be the case if I didn't make such delicious food at home.
I prepare the fancy foods at home and do a pretty good job, so when we do eat out it's fast food or the lower end sit downs like Texas Roadhouse, Outback, etc.
When dining out, if hamburgers are on the menu, that's what I order since it is my favorite food. If I'm at a Chinese restaurant I like to get something with the hot peppers next to it, preferably with beef. If I'm at a Mexican restaurant I like to get shredded beef burritos or tacos de carnitas, but in that case what I prepare at home is better than I've ever gotten in a restaurant.
Where I live I don't believe there are any buffets that are good, though I may not have discovered all of them. In fact, in this town I've been disappointed in the food quality during most of my dining out experiences. That might not be the case if I didn't make such delicious food at home.