Artsie's job shenanigans rise again (another superthread)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
OK so ironically some drama happened over the course of today. Apparently I committed a cardinal sin in the phone sales department. In some cases, depending on aware of time allowed or if I didn’t know what to tell the people or maybe I just didn’t feel like doing calls I don’t even know, I sent emails instead. I sent a bunch of emails. A bunch. And I feel bad because in my bosses eyes that basically was like not contacting them at all. Well one of my bosses, the one that doesn’t actually work with sales. She is the one that got very frustrated with me and said that only emailing them was like throwing money in the garbage.

I’m kind of super concerned that I’m going to get fired now. Sort of concern but at the same time thinking that I’m exaggerating the severity of the situation. I am up for that motion in the tech position and the sales boss that I have was saying I was looking like I was going to get it, problem is that if he hears what happened today I’m afraid that not only am I not gonna get the position I’m also going to get canned. This could be an exaggeration in my own head but I’m not entirely sure. So Monday, which will probably feel like an eternity for now, I will figure out whether I got promoted or not. Or fired. Hopefully not fired.

The thing is that I know that God‘s will is what matters no matter what I want to happen, or what I think I want to happen. It’s mostly just the stress of not knowing.

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
That doesn't sound like something you'd get fired for. If you were like taking personal calls when you were supposed to be talking to customers, that would be something, but what you did just seems like you didn't know that it was wrong but you were still trying to do your job.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
It was mostly the secondary business partner saying it was like “throwing away money” 😟😟😟

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
It was mostly the secondary business partner saying it was like “throwing away money” 😟😟😟
They probably just said it in the heat of the moment. Any company worth their salt will try to rectify the problem instead of firing the employee and have to completely restart the search for someone new, then have to train them from scratch, redo a bunch of new-hire paperwork, etc.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Yeah my manager did. He started getting other associates on it. But I guess I don’t have to worry about because

I GOT THE TECH JOB 🌟🌟🌟🌟

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Got my, “if you do this again then you’re in trouble“ talk. Basically I’ve been sick too many times for work as often happens, and one of my bosses said that the next time I’m sick I need to make sure that I have a doctors note. Chronic absenteeism I guess. I don’t wanna lose this job. I don’t wanna lose the job I’m about to get already. I’m praying that God has his will be done but man this is rough especially when today it was from vomiting and having sick on both ends and I couldn’t really do much about it. Very bad timing mainly that sucks. I’m scared.

M

Miri

Got my, “if you do this again then you’re in trouble“ talk. Basically I’ve been sick too many times for work as often happens, and one of my bosses said that the next time I’m sick I need to make sure that I have a doctors note. Chronic absenteeism I guess. I don’t wanna lose this job. I don’t wanna lose the job I’m about to get already. I’m praying that God has his will be done but man this is rough especially when today it was from vomiting and having sick on both ends and I couldn’t really do much about it. Very bad timing mainly that sucks. I’m scared.

Do you know why you have been ill? Is it just one of those things or can
you do anything to help yourself? Maybe go to the doctor see if they can help.

Oh and next time you feel sick, go into work and puke all over your boss, then ask
them if you still need a sick note! Lol.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Prepare for a long post of rambling. I’m using talk to text so I’ll try to be as clear as possible.

A coworker of mine, a friend rather, so that it’s better to go in and get sent home rather than calling not try at all. I totally agree with that.

The big thing now is letting go of all of the fear that I have built up, and a lot of the pressure and expectation that I seem to be unknowingly piling on myself.

My parents both were at desk jobs, dad worked at his for 30 years, and I think I sort of pushed on myself that udeal to be the sort of hard-working constant person that Dad was. And I didn’t even know that I had push that on myself until today basically. I don’t want to be someone that people have to be concerned about following through, or being a problem person nor never being available to be counted on. And sadly that’s what I tend to be sometimes, and well it’s not right to be that it’s also not right to put yourself down when you mess up.

I’m also the kind of person that doesn’t want to have someone else looking over my shoulder, or having the fear of someone looking over my shoulder. This is compounded by the fact that I am starting a new position that I literally have maybe 30% experience on. I have enough to be able to do the position, but I’m still new and I still make mistakes. And I seem to have it in my head that I cannot make mistakes otherwise it’s the end of the world.

I had all of this on my shoulders and I didn’t realize it. I knew the mistake part but not the expectations part. And soon enough it’s going to be tomorrow and I’m gonna have to go back to the new job for my trainer’s last day in the job. And I am pretty frightened of not having him to teach me. That’s also a big thing.

Just feels like things are sort of been compounding and I’ve been sort of absorbing it, and I’m trying to slowly decompress so that I can take on more stuff without having any other issues.

M

Miri

You will be fine honest. Every new job means a learning curve, a time of
settling in. A good employer and boss knows that. They will have a proper
training schedule and follow ups, or a goto person if you need advice.

If your place of work doesn’t have that, then once you learn the job
properly, why not volunteer to put together a training schedule for
any more new people who come along. Maybe type up a set of notes or
training manual with little exercises for new people to try out etc.

It will show you care about your job and care about new people.
Plus you can put your own experiences of being a new person into it.

Every new job provides an opportunity to put your own stamp onto it.
To put your own ideas into it that no one else has. See it as an
opportunity rather than something to worry about, an adventure rather
than a well worn path. Look for ways of improving things as you get to
know the job. Look for ways to do things better (run anything new by
your boss as well to keep them in the loop too). 🙂

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
I love that Miri. I’m just so stressed and worried about this job in general I wonder if I can do it for a prolonged period. It is CONSTANT stress with little flecks or helping people.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
But I know God put me in here for a reason....I just don’t know what one. Or for how long. I don’t want to get fired but I also want to be there as long as God deems me fit. And I have no idea what timeframe that is.

YUSUFJOE

Nov 8, 2018
Well, back to my constant venting about job searching/not finding/ect.

So far I've been looking for jobs as an artist (full time, either graphic design wise, in videogames, greeting cards, ect), a customer service person at like a video game company or website I use all the time, or a social media marketing person.

I must be cranking out like at least 3-15 applications a day. Not getting much response back though, and that can be the disheartening part. I don't mind getting a no, but it's better than getting absolute radio silence. To me that's like a "you don't matter enough to even get an automated message." I have to laugh that a couple of companies I had applied to gave me nothing, then I applied again and they finally at least sent me a nay. *sigh*
Keep ur trust in an God he will surely do it.

YUSUFJOE

Nov 8, 2018
But I know God put me in here for a reason....I just don’t know what one. Or for how long. I don’t want to get fired but I also want to be there as long as God deems me fit. And I have no idea what timeframe that is.
the lord is your strenth

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
It’s like I cannot relax during the day. I’m either worried about a current thing or worried about the possibility of another thing. Is that normal with a “grown up” job?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I love that Miri. I’m just so stressed and worried about this job in general I wonder if I can do it for a prolonged period. It is CONSTANT stress with little flecks or helping people.
There is a certain measure of stress regardless of the type of job as you are constantly being graded on job performance and expectations, now and in the future. Pray for God to calm your fears and help you do your best each day before going to work. This is what I do and I have been working for 45 years.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
I find myself not so sure I want a job that requires me to pray such a thing. But at the same time if that’s where God wants me to beI want to stay here.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Well, if you saw my post from earlier than you know that the job that I had was making me vomit and couldn’t sleep and it was just a whole bunch of not good. So I ended up quitting that job, and now I am job searching again.

I’m more looking for something as a work from home, hopefully art related. Very nervous but excited.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Still looking. Also possibility of college (again) and/or a job to just find where I can find. It's hard to choose because I'm really not sure what God wants me to do....

Should I do marketing? Graphic design? Does God still want me to do a CNA even though it's not what mom is comfortable with me having? Do I just FIND something and get stuck into it for possibly years? I just..uh...don't know

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Wait on the Lord, steph... Call upon His name, they that wait on the Lord will renew their strength.. Oh i am singing=)). But joking aside, we can give suggestions, but the Lord Himself will guide you where you should go. At the same time, He did not give you your gifts for nothing, so i think He may be leading you somewhere there. May He show you clearly in good time.

Meanwhile, be faithful... reading His word daily, praying, serving. You'll get there.. God bless!

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Well from last time, I have currently started volunteering and doing domestic help for a person from church.

Currently applying for maybe a hospice aide/helper/admin position. Trying to make sure I get in whatever place God wants. I know He lead me into the volunteering, I need His help to continue to walk in the right path. Easy with so many options to take a slight wrong turn.