ArtsieSteph's dad's cancer superthread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
It shows how much I need to kinda brush up on medical stuff I guess.... *sigh*. He has a procedure tomorrow and we're all a bit tense I think. The one he was supposed to have yesterday was canceled and set to tomorrow.

God knows.

P

pottersclay

It shows how much I need to kinda brush up on medical stuff I guess.... *sigh*. He has a procedure tomorrow and we're all a bit tense I think. The one he was supposed to have yesterday was canceled and set to tomorrow.

God knows.
Keeping it all in prayer sis;)

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Dad having slight respiratory problems not sure surgery is good idea will see

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
A Lippencott nursing manual would benefit you Steph. If you were closer, I'd give you mine, but is probably outdated. I know you can get one at the bookstore, but maybe the library could order one for you to read. I do that once in a while if a certain book isn't at my library.

Nursing is a great career, but isn't for everyone, I know.

D

Depleted

Dad having slight respiratory problems not sure surgery is good idea will see
What kind of surgery/procedure is he getting?

I don't know if this is how medical staff sees it, but I always go with surgery requires a knife. A procedure is invasive, (something is going into the body), but no knife involved.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
In this case it is a tube with a camera and some liquid nitrogen. No knives

Dec 14, 2017
Just got results. Dad has stage 4 cancer and is getting a port installed tomorrow, starts chemotherapy on Thursday. Prayers for my family please that we don't treat it like a death sentence.

There is a scripture that says, "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge." Medical science has refused to acknowledge the value and preventive capabilities of rare earth minerals because those (nor the usage of them) can be patented ... so the medical industries cannot make huge amounts of money on them!

You (and everyone else) need to be aware of TWO FACTS! Number one, cancer cannot survive in an alkaline environment, and two, SELENIUM not only prevents cancer, but also can reverse cancer!

https://www.alltheinternet.com/?q=selenium+research&ref=12282017101231&p=

www.seleniumresearch.com

Dec 14, 2017
There is a scripture that says, "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge." Medical science has refused to acknowledge the value and preventive capabilities of rare earth minerals because those (nor the usage of them) can be patented ... so the medical industries cannot make huge amounts of money on them!

You (and everyone else) need to be aware of TWO FACTS! Number one, cancer cannot survive in an alkaline environment, and two, SELENIUM not only prevents cancer, but also can reverse cancer!

www.seleniumresearch.com

From my immediately previous link above:

"On December 25, 1996, Dr. Larry Clark and his colleagues published their large, prospective, randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind Nutritional Prevention of Cancer (NPC) clinical study in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA 1996; 276:1957-1963). This landmark research effort showed that daily supplementation of diets with 200 micrograms of selenium yeast cut the cancer death rate in half. That is cancer mortality was reduced 50 percent (p=0.002). Lung cancer deaths were reduced 53% (p=0.03)"

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
So far so good on the procedure. We’re still in the waiting room to see if all is good to go ahead. I just hope it is so Dad can get out and rest at home and get some calories.

D

Depleted

www.seleniumresearch.com
Give it a rest, conspiracist. This is about her daddy, not your conspiracies!

Dec 14, 2017
Give it a rest, conspiracist. This is about her daddy, not your conspiracies!

Guess what! JAMA (the Journal of the American Medical Association) does NOT PARTICIPATE (nor DOCUMENT) "conspiracies!"

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Easy guys. Dad is fine, they did liquid nitrogen on his tumor and took his feeding tube out. So he may be able to eat regular food for a while and get a full tummy for once. He will be very happy about that.

Dec 14, 2017
Easy guys. Dad is fine, they did liquid nitrogen on his tumor and took his feeding tube out. So he may be able to eat regular food for a while and get a full tummy for once. He will be very happy about that.

That's great! But you still should make sure he gets adequate NUTRITION, and adequate SUPPLEMENTS!

Go to the U.S. Govt. web page at the link immediately below:

https://www.senate.gov/reference/reference_index_subjects/Publications_vrd.htm

Then while at that page, search that page for the three digit number "264" (without quotes) ... and READ IT!

P

pottersclay

Steph.....get some rest;). God's got this.

D

Depleted

Guess what! JAMA (the Journal of the American Medical Association) does NOT PARTICIPATE (nor DOCUMENT) "conspiracies!"
Guess what. You aren't JAMA.

Again, this is for Stephanie, because she's worried about her daddy. This isn't about you and your never-ending conspiracy theories.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Oh yeah Dad gets buuuuuuuuuuunches of suppliments. Coriolis and omega 3 and VSL-3 and 5-HTP and Melatonin and protein powder and just so on and so forth.

D

Depleted

Woohoo! I was hoping he'd go for it. And, I'm glad it went well.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
I hope that you guys would pray for my dad emotionally, this chemo doesn’t really do much to him physically but it really seems to put him through the ringer’s for his emotional state. And I keep thinking that I’m not doing good job in a lot of areas and it’s tough to try and figure out what I need to do to help him. At the same time it’s hard to not be selfish and think of what would keep me the least crazy or rundown.