ArtsieSteph's dad's cancer superthread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
I got me some comfort food so hopefully that helps a little bit I won’t feel better probably really until Dad is out and doing ok

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I got me some comfort food so hopefully that helps a little bit I won’t feel better probably really until Dad is out and doing ok
I'm a firm believer in comfort food. Relax and get some rest too.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
I'm praying for your dad Artsiesteph. I had a thought about when Depleted posted the following:

"Of course, worry is optional. (Rumor has it we're not supposed to worry, since we are God's kids, but that has never stopped me from worrying anyway. I'm very good at worrying. It does absolutely nothing for me, but I find it helps other worried people to know they aren't alone worrying. So know this, I've been here all along, because I worry about you, your dad, your mom, your sister, your BIL, and Blain. Blain, because I know he's worried about you too. :)) So, feel free to worry, because you're not alone worrying.

Oh, and if God is able to stop you from worrying, then you don't have to worry. It is optional. (At least, that's the rumor floating around.)"

The thought was Lord, I believe: help my unbelief. Mark 9:24: "And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief."
:cool:

D

Depleted

Too early to ask how it went, but, since you won't read this until it's over, I can ask anyway.

How did it go? (Praying now, since I think about now is when he's getting the procedure done.)

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
THank you everyone for keeping up with everything that’s going on! Didn’t say right away because he was still dealing with side effects of the surgery.

So far he has been doing very well. The stent was placed in a good area, he’s had no major complications or pain, just some general nausea that may be related to the anesthesia. He’s been eating liquids so far, and tomorrow may be even able to go on mashed potatoes! We shall see.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Praise the Lord, daddy has had his first solids in months. MONTHS. I am so happy. And once he ate it, he nodded right off to sleep after being all nice and full. Like full in a good way!

Praise God. Praise God. I just cannot get over how happy I am right now. It's a little victory but I don't care I will gladly receive it.

[Edit]----

Well heck he almost threw up a second ago after reaching down to get some socks. BUT I'M STILL THANKFUL. Though trepidatious.

Last edited:

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
HE RESTED AND HE FELT BETTER YAY! He just had to give himself a minute

Dec 26, 2017
Hi, I have been following your post about your dad Just wanted to say I'm praying for you!! God Bless you. Your a strong and awesome daughter for being their by his side!! Anytime you need to talk vent anything I'm available, definitely understand how that feels. :) Glad to hear he is starting on solids that's exciting!

notmyown

May 26, 2016
HE RESTED AND HE FELT BETTER YAY! He just had to give himself a minute
i read this not long after you posted it, and literally did the happy dance. :)

ps-- you do not want to see my dancing. lol

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Well I guess dad is getting immune therapy tomorrow. No time to react no time to respond just suddenly BOOM time for immune therapy I guess.It's a drug that if it works will teach daddy's immune system to fight the cancer. It's kind of the end of line treatment and because of that and not knowing how it will affect him dad is kinda a ball of anxiety right now.
Please pray he sleeps.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Well um ok I’m happy confused?! Dad woke up feeling hungry, and looking like part of his ascites is going down!!! Like how?! God did You do this I’m fairly certain You did THANKK YOU?!!!

D

Depleted

Well um ok I’m happy confused?! Dad woke up feeling hungry, and looking like part of his ascites is going down!!! Like how?! God did You do this I’m fairly certain You did THANKK YOU?!!!
No matter which way it happened, God did it. Rather miraculously or by his natural design, it is God.

That said, the Lord intentionally made the body porous. Blood can actually get through vessels even. That was John's problem for months. He kept losing blood out of his vessels, and don't know where it went, but it wasn't visible through most bodily-discharge methods. (He did have a nose bleed or ten, but not enough to need more than one tissue.)

Same thing as water retention. When we are no longer retaining water, it gets out somehow. How does it leave my leg? Not by vessels, but it does.

So, yeah, no matter how it happened, surely God's design.

Been wondering. How is your dad eating? I know he had problems the first time, but has he been eating since then?

Food, glorious food! They say after you haven't eaten food for a few days, you no longer crave it. But, I remember the months John didn't eat. He did to turkey what Forrest Gump's buddy Bubba did with shrimp. All he could talk about was the 20,000 ways he wanted to grill turkey once he was home and eating again. (Two years later, and he still has to cook turkey on the grill, even if it's winter time, just as long as the temperature hits at least 60. We've already had turkey burgers on the grill last month. lol) So, is your dad still eating?

Food is BIG!

P

pottersclay

Needed a reason for a happy dance...:eek: . Thanks