ArtsieSteph's dad's cancer superthread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 10, 2018
Hi Stephanie,

Surgery is better than chemo and keep praying. Chemo kills the organs in the body.
My 12 year old second cousin died from chemo not cancer.
Anyway, please go to ebay and purchase olive leaf by Gaia herbs. I say ebay because you'll get it the cheapest there.
Gaia Herbs, Olive Leaf, 120 Vegetarian Liquid Phyto-Caps
The cheapest I've seen the 120 capsule one for is around $25 which is very good.
Two a day on an empty stomach. Eat 30 minutes to an hour after.
Make sure he's cut out sugar if he hasn't already. Sugar from fruits is fine.
Strawberries and apples are very good. Apples are cheaper but get them organic.

Feb 10, 2018
God bless you and be with you and your family and believe in the Lord for healing and yet be open to whatever Gods will is..
Abraham and Isaac

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
I’m not sure what to do. They won’t take him at a medical psyche facility or a hospice...he has to stay at Mayo til he basically isn’t suicidal.

D

Depleted

Every time he’s awake he cries. Then falls asleep from exhaustion like s little baby...my daddy....my poor poor daddy...
His baby girl. His poor baby girl. (I feel so bad for you. Hardest thing to go through is when Dad cries.)

D

Depleted

Hi Stephanie,

Surgery is better than chemo and keep praying. Chemo kills the organs in the body.
My 12 year old second cousin died from chemo not cancer.
Anyway, please go to ebay and purchase olive leaf by Gaia herbs. I say ebay because you'll get it the cheapest there.
Gaia Herbs, Olive Leaf, 120 Vegetarian Liquid Phyto-Caps
The cheapest I've seen the 120 capsule one for is around $25 which is very good.
Two a day on an empty stomach. Eat 30 minutes to an hour after.
Make sure he's cut out sugar if he hasn't already. Sugar from fruits is fine.
Strawberries and apples are very good. Apples are cheaper but get them organic.
How does that go with the antibiotics he's on? Any adverse reactions taking the supplements? Does it effect the immunotherapy he's on? And he can't eat, even fruit. You're not a doctor, so don't give medical advice.

D

Depleted

I’m not sure what to do. They won’t take him at a medical psyche facility or a hospice...he has to stay at Mayo til he basically isn’t suicidal.
Well, you can't supersede the doctors, so nothing you can do but visit him... and keep getting ready for the move.

When are you moving?

Mom went nutso for a while. She was living at her Mom's house, and Gram heard her talking to someone. When she went into the room, no one was with Mom, so she asked who she was talking to. Her dad. Her dad who had died a decade before. Gram wasn't sure if maybe she could be talking to him, so she left her/them alone.

Another time Gram found Mom shivering in front of the fireplace. All her clothes were burning. Didn't really ask why. Just took her little girl back to her room and got her dressed and in bed. Mom actually went into remission for a month after that, so don't think the crazy stuff is necessarily the end of this story either.

Laish

Jul 31, 2016
Hello ArtsieSteph
I am really so sorry about what you and your family is going through.
My father passed several years ago from cancer. I understand what it is like .
He was in hospice the last few months that he was with us . I know some of the issues
that are involved in getting into a facility here in the Phoenix area . Also my wife is a
nursing assistant in a nursing home/facility that takes care of some hospice residents.
If you want you can pm me and I can see if I can help .
Prayin for you ,your dad ,family ,and those that care for your dad .
Blessings
Bill

notuptome

May 17, 2013
It's not him. It's the drugs they are giving him.

This is one of those times when you can only pray. King David could do nothing when his child had fallen ill. David King of Israel prayed and fasted before the Lord.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Feb 10, 2018
How does that go with the antibiotics he's on? Any adverse reactions taking the supplements? Does it effect the immunotherapy he's on? And he can't eat, even fruit. You're not a doctor, so don't give medical advice.
Lynn, I’m not going to argue with you but I have good advice and it should be looked into immediately.

Besides that, The antibiotics aren’t killing the tumor. If he’s on them for being cut up that’s fine but that’s mainly to fight off bacteria that could be caused by an infection from being cut up.

D

Depleted

Lynn, I’m not going to argue with you but I have good advice and it should be looked into immediately.

Besides that, The antibiotics aren’t killing the tumor. If he’s on them for being cut up that’s fine but that’s mainly to fight off bacteria that could be caused by an infection from being cut up.
Very much the problem in the first place. This wasn't important enough to you in the first place to find out what has happened to him so far, and what's happening now. You went off assuming he's on chemo but should...

And neither is true.

You didn't get a licence saying you can recommend medications, so stop pretending you have. She doesn't need your "natural health" counsel. And this was all about "I'm so very knowledgeable" all the time proving you don't have a clue what's happening.

Feb 10, 2018
Hey Lynn, Control yourself.
Go fight with somebody else.
I never said I was a doctor and I don’t need to be a doctor to recommend what is good for somebody. I never said he did chemo.
Your the one assuming and accusing.

I’m done responding to you.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
That escalated quickly. :rolleyes:

Anyhoo, how is daddy today, Steph? :)

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
That's to be expected. He's scared. Scared of dying, scared that he's let God down, scared that he isn't a Christian anymore. And probably most of all, he's scared of what will happen to his family if he's gone..

Just keep reminding him that Jesus is right there with him, every step of this journey.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Ok well he got discharged at the hospital, is coming home, and he doesn’t wanna come home really. He can’t st the kind of care he gets here and honestly he didn’t have to worry about responsibility of any kind.

There is no easy days.

Laish

Jul 31, 2016
He is weeping again but has his medicine
Hello ArtsieSteph
Just to let ya know the crying is normal or better said common. My dad cried too. One of the things we did that helped,was to just sit next to him and talk. We talked about anything.It wasn’t important about what. We just were there . I believed dad just didn’t want to be alone. Even if we were just outside the door .
A reassuring calm voice and someone to listen helped a lot with his stress levels. Along with praying I also believe it gave him strength to live longer than the doctors gave him .
I am continuing to pray for all of you in this time of need .
Blessings
Bill

P

pottersclay

It is times like these that we find out what type of person we really are. How strong our faith is. How much we believe the promises of the Lord.
We grow faint in our own abilities....tire in our own reasoning.... speechless in our expressions.
But then we read in scripture that he is our strength when we are weak.
With much prayer let us all raise this family to the throne of the Lord, in expectations, that he will do more than we could ever ask. That the Lord can do all things for he is the God of the impossible. Let us pray for the exceptance of his will to be done but as Jesus prayed in the garden "if there is any other way".
Let the battle belong to the Lord as we hold up the arms of all concerned.