As a believer, what is your area of weakness?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TM19782017

Dec 15, 2018
As for me, patience has to be.
I guard my mind to not return to being double minded but still struggle with things like unconscious leg tapping.

Any suggestions on where to help?

What are your weak areas?

J

jaybird88

i have to many to list.
anger is a big one with me which is always caused by impatience. when i was a kid i had lots of patience so i dont know what happened to me.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Ok let's see, I too have so many. I so cherish transparency so I'll participate.

Hmmm sometimes too sensitive, ugh. Lord strengthen me in You.

Sometimes, I can be selfish. Lord Help me to be more selfless

That is enough for now, lol.

I would be cautious asking for patience, lol, or put your seat belt on, lol. Jkidding. Good question. I would do a study in the bible on Patience and memorize some verses that you can meditate on during times of impatience or restlessness.

bobinfaith

Jan 10, 2019
Daly City, CA
www.livingstoneministries.com
I appreciate the openness in this thread, thank you.

For years I would hide my bruised ego and pride when things didn't go my way especially when I made the mistake or said something wrong. It would linger with me.

God bless you all.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I appreciate the openness in this thread, thank you.

For years I would hide my bruised ego and pride when things didn't go my way especially when I made the mistake or said something wrong. It would linger with me.

God bless you all.
God Bless you too, Bob

Dec 12, 2013
Enough that I pray for Jesus to make me one of the greatest examples of mercy in his kingdom.....and like the Roman soldier, not worthy that he should come under my roof or like the man that beats upon his chest crying, "Lord, be merciful unto me a sinner."

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
I guard my mind to not return to being double minded but still struggle with things like unconscious leg tapping.

Patience

I think the key to patience is going to the root causes, and then remembering what God says about those.

A. If we're lacking patience with others, it's because we're forgetting our own failures, and how patient God is with us.
- We need to remember the patience God has with us, and extend that same patience to others.

B. If we're lacking patience in circumstances, we need to remember that circumstances only arise which God allows, and he has a purpose and a time for all things.

- Nothing comes into our lives that God doesn't allow; so we need to first look for the lesson in the circumstance, then be sure to learn that lesson and respond in whatever way is biblical, and then finally trust that God is in control and will do his perfect will after we have learned any lesson he meant for us to learn.

obedienttogod

Jan 3, 2019
Lack of Compassion - Lack of Sensitivity - at times Heartless - Prideful - Spiteful - --just to name a few.

I honestly believe had Paul knew me, he would had wrote that I was the chief of sinners.

Don't get me wrong, I help as many as I can, I give until it hurts. I would go above and beyond for those I know and also for complete strangers. Even when I am done wrong, I try to immediately go to God and forgive them.

And then there are those moments when my tongue is literally like a 2 edged sword. I can become focused utilizing my quick wit to carve up whomever. If I am not careful, it will lead to being cocky. And being challenged is just like the red light turning green, it's on.

It's getting much better. Having to go to people and admit I am an idiot while seeking their forgiveness sure has helped in many ways.

My minister buddies tell me my truest calling is to be on the front line during spiritual warfare. They say I am the perfect Tribulation Christian and want to be by my side when it takes place. Growing up and being able to witness demons being cast out of people excited me, seeing the demons lose. Just being there praying, rebuking, standing firm in the complete faith of God was electrifying. Helping innocent people become free from being bounded by the power of evil and then led to God was amazingly fulfilling.

And then after being a part of something so amazing, could turn around days/weeks later and be the biggest moron on planet earth.

God has brought me a long way, but at times, it appears the end of my stupidity has no ending in sight :(

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Lack of Compassion - Lack of Sensitivity - at times Heartless - Prideful - Spiteful - --just to name a few.

I honestly believe had Paul knew me, he would had wrote that I was the chief of sinners.

Don't get me wrong, I help as many as I can, I give until it hurts. I would go above and beyond for those I know and also for complete strangers. Even when I am done wrong, I try to immediately go to God and forgive them.

And then there are those moments when my tongue is literally like a 2 edged sword. I can become focused utilizing my quick wit to carve up whomever. If I am not careful, it will lead to being cocky. And being challenged is just like the red light turning green, it's on.

It's getting much better. Having to go to people and admit I am an idiot while seeking their forgiveness sure has helped in many ways.

My minister buddies tell me my truest calling is to be on the front line during spiritual warfare. They say I am the perfect Tribulation Christian and want to be by my side when it takes place. Growing up and being able to witness demons being cast out of people excited me, seeing the demons lose. Just being there praying, rebuking, standing firm in the complete faith of God was electrifying. Helping innocent people become free from being bounded by the power of evil and then led to God was amazingly fulfilling.

And then after being a part of something so amazing, could turn around days/weeks later and be the biggest moron on planet earth.

God has brought me a long way, but at times, it appears the end of my stupidity has no ending in sight :(
I am reminded of the scripture, "be angry but do not sin," while reading your wonderful description of most of us.

I know I am in there. The scripture is true so if and when you feel your anger ison the bad sice, make certain it does not cause yu to sin. If it does not cause you to sin, it is most likely righteous anger, yet not to be used as an excuse for any form of arrogance, which I am dubtful you have....... Thanks for this wonderful post, and God bless you.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
I get frustrated and aggravated quick and often... thats that one thing lol

CherieR

May 6, 2017

I can relate with you on patience. I tend to shift my weight from side to side more than leg tapping but maybe it could be more of a nervous feeling but I am not really sure. I had also gotten impatient with people's impatience such as when I am trying to turn and someone behind beeps at me. Often times I had said something back in the car such as would you just stop it ! or don't beep at me I'm trying to be careful!, even though I knew the person in the other car could not hear me. One thing that may help with patience is if you can put yourself in another shoes and ask how you would want to be treated if you were them. I have also had my bouts with anxiety and panic attacks. No very fun but not dangerous either.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Well, im too hot-headed and lack patience. I got a problem of loving women, but not being able to marry right now.

Those are the biggest things, how am i handling them? The last one im handling by avoiding situations like that. (This way 0 risk of fornication)

The first two im handling by.......... not handling them. lol. My background is partly to blame there. I just got sick and tired of being stepped on a long time ago, its over, no mas. Im not really sure if its a sin, i dont think God expects us to never say anything back and be disrespected, I know the turn the other cheek and all that but, I only got two cheeks! After that its OVER. :D

I must say my patience has gotten A LOT BETTER recently though. Like 80% improvement, thank God. My advice for someone in a same situation is to just think "well... this might suck, but thank God im atleast not going to hell!"

John146

Jan 13, 2016

Prayer life...just not where it should be, especially for others.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Wow this is like those job interviews where they ask you 'where do you see yourself in five years time' and I cant even answer that. GOd knows.
What are your strngths and weaknesses. Uh,..do I have to talk about myself??

But as a believer, we are to confess our faults one to another so that we may be healed. Well am all for that so lets pray for each other, in our weaknesses.

My weakness is that Im short sighted, and so tend to be messy, I actually used to suffer from DISORDER it actually had a medical term for it, but God is healing me, and is putting me back in order.

One scripture thats been helpful to me is knowing Jesus is the anchor of my soul. That he is my rock.
What does an anchor or rock do, it stabilises the boat, and rocks are a solid foundation on which to build.

Much of my life had been the wrong way round, well Gods kingdom is actually turning things upside down, which now means I am the right side up.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Being an enabler in past situations. A biggie for me. But, am learning that a firm stand is love. Just keep my cool. And there...another weakness.

Right now I'm very exasperated by a young Foxhound I've rescued. Found him as a puppy in a garbage bag on a dirt road. And I didn't know what he was.

He tends to bully my other dogs and at 6 months he is huge. They are very small. I don't know which training technique is correct.

obedienttogod

Jan 3, 2019
Being an enabler in past situations. A biggie for me. But, am learning that a firm stand is love. Just keep my cool. And there...another weakness.

Right now I'm very exasperated by a young Foxhound I've rescued. Found him as a puppy in a garbage bag on a dirt road. And I didn't know what he was.

He tends to bully my other dogs and at 6 months he is huge. They are very small. I don't know which training technique is correct.

I take a newspaper, roll it up tight, then wrap it over and over about 3 times with duct tape. Then I smack the kitchen table which creates this booming sound to the dogs in particular. It immediately catches their attention. They will want to inspect it, sniff it, and never will be able to figure it out. But it has now become a training tool. The very act of smacking the dog with this DOES NOT PHYSICALLY HURT THE DOG...I should repeat this, but I believe you will get the jest of it. It's the sound they hear, associated by the physical smacking, that actually scares them.

How to apply this:
Whenever the new dog acts out in aggression or disobeys, take it and smack him hard on the bridge of his nose. He will think the world is literally coming to an end, and this is where you can now begin your training. Eventually, because all dogs pay very close attention to their master, just the pretend act of you faking like you are going to pick this tool up, is more than enough to stop the dog from disobeying.

Sound is a greater tool than physical discipline. And the sound this tool makes when used in a smacking manner, has a lasting effect that your puppy will never ever forget!!

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
weaknesses? oh goodness where do i begin? lol

i'm not patient.
i assume too quickly about people/situations.
my self esteem can still be rooted in performance. as a result, i don't try new things or if i do, i doubt myself so much.

i'm sure there's more to the list. hehe.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
nice to see im not alone in the no patience club lol.

Aint nobody got time fo' dat

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
I take a newspaper, roll it up tight, then wrap it over and over about 3 times with duct tape. Then I smack the kitchen table which creates this booming sound to the dogs in particular. It immediately catches their attention. They will want to inspect it, sniff it, and never will be able to figure it out. But it has now become a training tool. The very act of smacking the dog with this DOES NOT PHYSICALLY HURT THE DOG...I should repeat this, but I believe you will get the jest of it. It's the sound they hear, associated by the physical smacking, that actually scares them.

How to apply this:
Whenever the new dog acts out in aggression or disobeys, take it and smack him hard on the bridge of his nose. He will think the world is literally coming to an end, and this is where you can now begin your training. Eventually, because all dogs pay very close attention to their master, just the pretend act of you faking like you are going to pick this tool up, is more than enough to stop the dog from disobeying.

Sound is a greater tool than physical discipline. And the sound this tool makes when used in a smacking manner, has a lasting effect that your puppy will never ever forget!![/QUOTE}

Will try, thanks. The 40.00 I spent for lessons that taught reward good behavior and never hit your dog sure don't work.

obedienttogod

Jan 3, 2019
Will try, thanks. The 40.00 I spent for lessons that taught reward good behavior and never hit your dog sure don't work
Every other year we breed our dogs. They are costly to buy and maintain, so we breed every other year when enough people are interested in buying them. The males are just plain nasty to each other on any given day, and when the females go into heat, they would literally kill one another over it. But that simple rolled up newspaper, when the males are on opposite sides of the fencing acting like they want to tear the other up, being smacked across their nose bridge (which their noses are so big and wide, we are talking a massive 8 inch across nose bridge) makes them stop immediately and act like I just shot them with a gun. And then acting like I'm going to do it again with some personal noise effect, makes them run away and forget why they were there to begin with.

But use it wisely, because it's the cheapest and most cost effective, with the best actual results, of any method I can think of!!