As An "Older" Single, What Advice Would You Give to Younger Singles?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
All the +27 women, feel free to send me a private message.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
*Seoulsearch eyes Tommy suspiciously.*

Wait just a minute, Buster.

Are you a high-quality male, or just average?

I won't be sent off to the glue factory for just an average male!

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
*Seoulsearch eyes Tommy suspiciously.*

Wait just a minute, Buster.

Are you a high-quality male, or just average?

I won't be sent off to the glue factory for just an average male!
Join me for dinner, and we can talk all about it.

7seasrekeyed

Because the attractiveness of a woman to men starts to rapidly decrease after the age of 27 ( taking about averages here there are always exceptional woman )

Men are attracted to Fertility.. This is the No 1 concern for men because most men get married to become dads, to have a family..
Under Fertility you can add all the other attributes like personality and intelligence.. But firtility is king when it comes to men.. Woman know this at a deeper level.. That's why woman always try to look younger and will invest a lot of time and effort in trying to make themselves look younger..

Now a woman can still attract a man at 37 or 47 but the quality of the man she will attract will be nothing near the level of man she could have attracted at 27.. So if a woman is an average woman and wants the best chance to attract the best man she can attract she should want to have a guy committed and have a ring on her finger when she is 27..

men are attracted to fertility? women loose their attractiveness after 27?

but the odd woman might still attract a man at 37 or 47?

I noticed you are not married on your profile (I am married for going on 19 yrs now)

I guess if you feel that strongly about how a woman looks, when she hits say 45, you are free to divorce her and go and find another one younger and more suitable to your high standards

yuck

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Join me for dinner, and we can talk all about it.
Stop playing coy.

We ladies all know all you're really interested in is our eggs and how hatchable they are.

7seasrekeyed

the advice I would give is don't sell yourself short and please do not think all men are looking for young chicks to populate the planet with

sure I think physical attractiveness plays a part, but IMO, you can have movie star good looks and be a vapid self centered and boring person

the right person should be interested in YOU and you in them...and not compare you to others or make you feel you had better do something about your hair or that 10 lbs

I will add that I have found love to be stretchable....in other words, be prepared to make room for an imperfect human being in your life

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
Be complete in the Lord regardless of marital status. Expecting another human being to validate you only leads to disappointment because humans fail.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Stop playing coy.

We ladies all know all you're really interested in is our eggs and how hatchable they are.
I've already hatched a couple of chicks.

I wouldn't mind company for dinner, and if God's willing, breakfast too.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Be complete in the Lord regardless of marital status. Expecting another human being to validate you only leads to disappointment because humans fail.
Apparently I failed yesterday but each day God wipes the slate clean.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Well i failed to have children. So yes i think you are misunderstanding me.. I don't think it is absolutely necessary to succeed in becoming a dad.. It would have been nice to have become a dad i sometimes wonder and think i could have been a good dad.. But to me it is not necessary.. Paul was never married and never became a dad.. But his life was of worth no matter..

I don't see getting married at 27 a rush at all... And again i am not saying a woman over 27 has no worth,, you seem to be injecting that into my message.. And i think to give good advice to young woman is a Godly thing to do.. Now young woman can decide for themselves if what i am saying is wise or stupid.. But at lest if they read this thread they can get a perspective they may never get elsewhere and consider it at lest..

I am 52 years old.. And i do not have any Children.. But that's really irrelevant to this threads focus.. Which is on young people and advice for them.. It's not about old guys like me :geek::)
Compared to an old derelict as myself you are a young whipper-snapper. :)

Jilly81

Jan 16, 2011
My advice to the younger folks here is to fall in love with Jesus, and you'll have someone to love whether you find an earthly mate or not.
Also, I've heard it phrased "Run after Jesus, and after awhile you can look around and see who's beside you, doing the same". Good way to phrase it :).

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
Because the attractiveness of a woman to men starts to rapidly decrease after the age of 27 ( taking about averages here there are always exceptional woman )

Men are attracted to Fertility.. This is the No 1 concern for men because most men get married to become dads, to have a family..
Under Fertility you can add all the other attributes like personality and intelligence.. But firtility is king when it comes to men.. Woman know this at a deeper level.. That's why woman always try to look younger and will invest a lot of time and effort in trying to make themselves look younger..

Now a woman can still attract a man at 37 or 47 but the quality of the man she will attract will be nothing near the level of man she could have attracted at 27.. So if a woman is an average woman and wants the best chance to attract the best man she can attract she should want to have a guy committed and have a ring on her finger when she is 27..
I disagree.

Aug 2, 2009
My advice to the younger folks here is to fall in love with Jesus, and you'll have someone to love whether you find an earthly mate or not.
Also, I've heard it phrased "Run after Jesus, and after awhile you can look around and see who's beside you, doing the same". Good way to phrase it :).
Hi Jilly!!! :D

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014

Multiple people have already thoroughly refuted your rather egregious claims, so I am going to content myself with thoroughly expressing my disagreement.

Horse turds.
Balderdash.
What a crock.
What a load of tribble droppings.
It's getting deep in here.
You're way out in left field. Without a ball glove. And you're looking the wrong way. And if you were looking the right way the sun would be in your eyes.

In other words I strongly, emphatically, vehemently disagree with your theory.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
Well i failed to have children. So yes i think you are misunderstanding me.. I don't think it is absolutely necessary to succeed in becoming a dad.. It would have been nice to have become a dad i sometimes wonder and think i could have been a good dad.. But to me it is not necessary.. Paul was never married and never became a dad.. But his life was of worth no matter..

I don't see getting married at 27 a rush at all... And again i am not saying a woman over 27 has no worth,, you seem to be injecting that into my message.. And i think to give good advice to young woman is a Godly thing to do.. Now young woman can decide for themselves if what i am saying is wise or stupid.. But at lest if they read this thread they can get a perspective they may never get elsewhere and consider it at lest..

I am 52 years old.. And i do not have any Children.. But that's really irrelevant to this threads focus.. Which is on young people and advice for them.. It's not about old guys like me :geek::)
HUSH YOUR OUTH..lol 52 isnt old..im almost there! Lol
Soundin kinda desperate there tommy..lol

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
You keep saying that after the age of 27, a woman's chances of attracting a quality man pretty much drops off the face of the earth, so yes, it seems to me that you are saying that women after the age of 27 will be seen as having little or no value to any men who are of "good" or "higher" quality.

But regarding the fact that one can have a quality life, whether or not they have children... Ah, at last, this is something we can agree on. :)

I could be misinterpreting, but it seems that maybe there was a point in your life in which you would have liked to have had a family. I'm truly sorry if you feel that the desires of your heart were not met :( and I hope that God has blessed you in other areas of your life and has given you peace and contentment.

Thank you for answering my questions honestly and openly. :)
Well my message was that if woman want to attract the best possible quality man they can attract then they should get one by the age of 27.. But i was not saying that when a woman turns 28 she is no longer of any value.. But anyway it was good trying to explain things.. and thank you for the discussion. :)

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
men are attracted to fertility? women loose their attractiveness after 27?

but the odd woman might still attract a man at 37 or 47?

I noticed you are not married on your profile (I am married for going on 19 yrs now)

I guess if you feel that strongly about how a woman looks, when she hits say 45, you are free to divorce her and go and find another one younger and more suitable to your high standards

yuck
I am a Christian so for me if i marry it is for life.. I would never divorce my wife if she remained loyal to me and did not cheat on me..

So please do not speculate that i feel strongly about dumping a woman at 45 and getting another younger wife.. If you have a disagreement with what i say then deal with what i say.. Don't speculate or put positions onto me..