Ask the user below you a question

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Do you like this thread?

• Yes

Votes: 113 73.9%
  • No

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Not sure

Votes: 24 15.7%
  • Kinda like-hate

Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
You're gonna think I'm hopelessly out of touch, but... who are they?

M

Mooky

Surfing.

What was your childhood aspiration...ie.what did you want to be when you were 5? I wanted to be an astronaut - till I found out you needed science and maths. :(

Yeraza_Bats

Dec 11, 2014
What was your childhood aspiration...ie.what did you want to be when you were 5?
I wanted to be a musician : p I grew up with parents who spent all their time watching like VH1 and Mtv and all that (back in the 90s when these channels were actually about music), and their live videos from concerts they went to together and junk, so early on I was fascinated by music. I used to imagine me and some other kids from my elementary school I knew in a band together and made up music videos with them to songs I liked, haha.

At the time I was really into Greenday (again, the 90s), and they were my favorite band to imagine myself in at the time. Then I got a little older and never listened to them again : p

What was your biggest irrational fear as a child?

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
I wanted to be a musician : p I grew up with parents who spent all their time watching like VH1 and Mtv and all that (back in the 90s when these channels were actually about music), and their live videos from concerts they went to together and junk, so early on I was fascinated by music. I used to imagine me and some other kids from my elementary school I knew in a band together and made up music videos with them to songs I liked, haha.

At the time I was really into Greenday (again, the 90s), and they were my favorite band to imagine myself in at the time. Then I got a little older and never listened to them again : p

What was your biggest irrational fear as a child?
Like most kids, I was terrified that the monsters who lived under my bed were going to get me (because us kids are smart enough to know that monsters live under our bed. It's not our fault that adults won't listen to the truth!)

For some reason, I got this idea that if I took my sheets and blanket and wrapped myself up like a cocoon, with the covers tucked under every angle from every direction, the monsters either wouldn't see me (because I blended in with the blankets) or they wouldn't be able to reach me because they couldn't pry their way between me and coverings in order to unwrap me and snatch me away (as if they couldn't just grab me as a wrapped-up package instead :rolleyes:.)

But it worked, didn't it??!!! I mean, here I am, safe and sound--apparently no monster got me in the middle of the night. Yet.

Maybe that's because I've been sleeping that way my ENTIRE life, even though I don't technically still qualify (in age, at least) as a kid. It's just what I find to be more comfortable--and, it keeps out drafts! :D

What is the monster that you fear most?

Yeraza_Bats

Dec 11, 2014
Like most kids, I was terrified that the monsters who lived under my bed were going to get me (because us kids are smart enough to know that monsters live under our bed. It's not our fault that adults won't listen to the truth!)

For some reason, I got this idea that if I took my sheets and blanket and wrapped myself up like a cocoon, with the covers tucked under every angle from every direction, the monsters either wouldn't see me (because I blended in with the blankets) or they wouldn't be able to reach me because they couldn't pry their way between me and coverings in order to unwrap me and snatch me away (as if they couldn't just grab me as a wrapped-up package instead :rolleyes:.)

But it worked, didn't it??!!! I mean, here I am, safe and sound--apparently no monster got me in the middle of the night. Yet.

Maybe that's because I've been sleeping that way my ENTIRE life, even though I don't technically still qualify (in age, at least) as a kid. It's just what I find to be more comfortable--and, it keeps out drafts! :D

What is the monster that you fear most?
Have you ever seen those horror movies where a ghost pulls the blankets off of a sleeping person slowly? Well for some time I would wrap my blanket around my legs too keep that from happening to me in my sleep : p Was scared of that apparently : p

And do semi trucks count? Has anyone here ever seen the movies Trucks, or Maximum Overdrive? They really scared me as a kid and they actually made me afraid of semi trucks for a really long time : p I was afraid to even be next to one, haha.

What movie scared you the most when you were a child?

M

Miri

Have you ever seen those horror movies where a ghost pulls the blankets off of a sleeping person slowly? Well for some time I would wrap my blanket around my legs too keep that from happening to me in my sleep : p Was scared of that apparently : p

And do semi trucks count? Has anyone here ever seen the movies Trucks, or Maximum Overdrive? They really scared me as a kid and they actually made me afraid of semi trucks for a really long time : p I was afraid to even be next to one, haha.

What movie scared you the most when you were a child?

Carry on screaming! It was suppose to be funny but the thought of people being
dipped in a container and turned into shop window dummy's scared the living
daylights out of me.

When did you stop believing in Santa Claus

Apr 18, 2013
I am not sure if I was ever fully convinced of him as a child, my memories though are cloudy of that part of my childhood.

Did something make you smile today? :)

Yeraza_Bats

Dec 11, 2014
I like just now got out of bed, so no : p

Is there anything you dread doing at your job?

Tinkerbell725

Jul 19, 2014
Philippines Age 40
Unrealistic deadlines. The workload is given today and the deadline is also today, like they expect you not to sleep just to beat the deadline. So stressful, I get hyperacidity.

Christmas or New year?

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
thats hard.. christmas got better food... Ill say New Year

Whats your fav. part about your job

Unrealistic deadlines. The workload is given today and the deadline is also today, like they expect you not to sleep just to beat the deadline. So stressful, I get hyperacidity.

Christmas or New year?

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
I just discovered (or rediscovered) this thread, so... =).

The rest afterwards... How do you make boys (teens) help clean the ceiling-- or just their room?!

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Bribe them..lol

What is your all time favorite bible verse?

I just discovered (or rediscovered) this thread, so... =).

The rest afterwards... How do you make boys (teens) help clean the ceiling-- or just their room?!

EarnestQ

Apr 28, 2016
Psalms 86:11-13

What's your favorite verse?

Yeraza_Bats

Dec 11, 2014
Right now its John 10:27

"My sheep listen to My voice; I know them,and they follow Me."

Whats your favorite thing to do on a day off from work?

garet82

Jan 20, 2011
The selfish Gene from Dawkins ;)
Love or friendship?