Atheism is make believe for adults

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

AgeofKnowledge

It is make believe because the supernatural actually exists.

I may not believe in the element of iron; however, if iron actually exists then my belief that it doesn't is incorrect... or make believe.

The atheist is spiritually dead and does not interact with the supernatural as many of us do. They are deceived about it's existence. Hence, they have a "make believe" (e.g. incorrect) view of the supernatural.

It is very much like someone who doesn't believe in iron arguing against the existence of iron with someone holding an iron bar in their hand. That's the situation us Christians find ourselves in with atheists.

How is the lack of belief in the supernatural make believe?

Jul 24, 2010
It is make believe because the supernatural actually exists.

I may not believe in the element of iron; however, if iron actually exists then my belief that it doesn't is incorrect... or make believe.

The atheist is spiritually dead and does not interact with the supernatural as many of us do. They are deceived about it's existence. Hence, they have a "make believe" (e.g. incorrect) view of the supernatural.

It is very much like someone who doesn't believe in iron arguing against the existence of iron with someone holding an iron bar in their hand. That's the situation us Christians find ourselves in with atheists.
You're comparing the refusal to believe in something that you cannot present physical evidence of its existence, with the refusal to believe in something you can present physical evidence of its existence. Your analogy falls flat.

A

AgeofKnowledge

With or without the iron bar simile, I made no false assertions in my post and there is no confusion on my end.

Similes are not literal comparisons, not as strong as metaphors and many other analogies, and often material properties are used in similes to illuminate the non-material.

Obviously, I was not addressing an atheists refusal to believe in the physical evidence of the supernatural but merely using a simile to help clarify the idea that I was communicating.

It may have fallen flat with you but that doesn't make my simile inappropriate nor my assertions untrue.

You may want to read 'Being Logical A Guide to Good Thinking (Logic 101)' by DQ McInerny as one possible guide on logic to gain a better understanding. Peace.

You're comparing the refusal to believe in something that you cannot present physical evidence of its existence, with the refusal to believe in something you can present physical evidence of its existence. Your analogy falls flat.

F

FormerAtheist

Atheism is make believe for adults lol how closed minded. Atheism is simply the non-belief of a supernatural being. Us atheists base this non-belief on concepts such as logic and science and not belief which has no factual evidence.
If you want to believe in talking snakes, noahs ark, and all these make believe stories for children, then thats your choice. Just because you believe something doesnt make it true.

Name me one thing that a christian has done for the good that an atheist hasnt?
You do realize that even the scientific method is riddled with logical problems? From the inductivists to the falsificationists, to the relativists, they are STILL debating the nature of science. The conception that science is based 'on the facts' is a close minded belief. Scientific observational statements are theory laden.

And your parody of the Christian just shows how close minded you are, in fact.

A

AgeofKnowledge

Your challenge is so easy that it suggests to me you need to exercise more of your own imagination.

A correct answer is that no atheist EVER became the atoning propiation (and resulting expiation) between God and myself.

Name me one thing that a christian has done for the good that an atheist hasnt?

Jul 16, 2012
Atheism is simply make believe for adults.

It's the adult mental attempt to push God out of existence from their reality. Imagine someone in a house pulling down the shades, because they want to make the sun not exist. Imagine that person barricading the doors, thinking that will make the sun not exist.

That's basically what the atheist does. They spend their entire existence trying to push God out of their mind through what appears 'logical' and 'reasonable' assertions.

Most are quite good at this adult version of make believe. They've erected enough blockades and pulled enough shades, they kinda think he don't exist.

Yet the fact they continue over and over again to push him out of their mind, just shows he does indeed exist.
Funny thing about all this 'atheist' talk; Christians are atheistic when it comes to other cultures gods, so why is it so hard for you to understand?

J

jimmydiggs

Funny thing about all this 'atheist' talk; Christians are atheistic when it comes to other cultures gods, so why is it so hard for you to understand?
Many people make false claims about reality. Should I believe there is no reality?

D

Dfe

Umm, correct me if I'm wrong, but atheists don't push god away. We simply believe in the absence of any god(s). Also, it's kinda funny that you're saying that we are making things up, when we are the ones who have logic and reason. I mean this in the most respectful way possible. Please do not interpret this as preaching.

TheKringledOne

Dec 25, 2009
I don't think we should be using the broad generalization that atheists use logic and reason. Some do, and sometimes it is their reasonable skepticism that leads them to be an atheist. But other atheists can be unreasonable and are terrible at logic, often times they use emotional arguments over ones based on evidence when it comes to the subject of existence.

M

megaman125

lol i always think of it as little kids sitting in their room telling their mom or dad that they don't exist.

Look at the statement "I don't believe in you God"

ummm who are you talking to if not God?

I've actually heard someone who claimed to be atheist say that and i was very good, I didn't laugh until after they left. :)
One time I had an atheist tell me that he believed he was a true atheist when he told the Holy Spirit that He was no longer welcome inside of him.

No, I'm not making this up, he didn't believe he was really an atheist until he said that to the Holy Spirit, the same Holy Spirit that he supposedly didn't believe even existed.

TheKringledOne

Dec 25, 2009
One time I had an atheist tell me that he believed he was a true atheist when he told the Holy Spirit that He was no longer welcome inside of him.
I would like to know how he defines "atheist".

Sep 14, 2013
Below is some of the terms I've read on this forum recently...

Devils, Angels, Demons, Talking Snakes, Talking Bushes, Witches, Eternal Fire, Unicorns, Human Sacrifice, Virgin Births, Resurrections, Walking on Water, Water changing to Wine etc.

Those words above I've seen Christians use on this very forum!

If any ONE those were discussed in any other context it would be dismissed as ridiculous. But your religion has them all and says they are real!

And your telling me that because I don't believe in the above then I'm living in some sort of land of make believe? Really?

TheKringledOne

Dec 25, 2009
Conversation on unicorns can be reasonable. Since there is good arguments to be made that the concept of them came from stories of real animals that got misunderstood by people down the line (like a game of telephone).

RHINO__1239354f.jpg
And given what the bible says about unicorns, I think this is probably the case.

Last edited:
N

nw2u

Yet the fact they continue over and over again to push him out of their mind, just shows he does indeed exist.
Yes, because if they truly believed there is no God, there would be nothing to prove or disprove and therefore no argument, only acceptance. It's the fact that there is doubt in their minds about their own beliefs that causes the questions and hateful remarks. The more folks they can get to believe there is no God, the more convinced they can be of their denial. The proof is in the very fact that they have enough interest to concern themselves with what others know to be true.

TheKringledOne

Dec 25, 2009
Does that mean I am a Muslim because I often talk to them and read the Qur'an? Or am I a Hindu because I talk to various people from different Hindu faiths and I have read some of the Vedas and the Mahabharata. Yikes I'm a Christ-believing Hindu Muslim? ... wait that's not right.

I think the rude comments that usually come from atheists towards religious people has to do with negative attitudes that they receive from religious people. I can understand how the atheists would start getting defensive and extreme when they discuss the topic, and in return the religious people start doing the same towards them.

G

Grey

And yet 90% of the time when I talk to Christians, I'm the one whos actually read the bible...

Sep 6, 2013
Yes, because if they truly believed there is no God, there would be nothing to prove or disprove and therefore no argument, only acceptance. It's the fact that there is doubt in their minds about their own beliefs that causes the questions and hateful remarks. The more folks they can get to believe there is no God, the more convinced they can be of their denial. The proof is in the very fact that they have enough interest to concern themselves with what others know to be true.
Actually, no, there's a much more logical reason:

Atheists SECRETLY believe in Yahweh - YouTube

Summary: atheists spend time on the question because others' beliefs on the question impact their lives. Atheists are often condemned, demonized, marginalized, and judged based on their lack of belief. They are called names, and worse.

It's not a matter if the thing under discussion is real; only if people's positions on the subjects have real effects.

M

megaman125

Conversation on unicorns can be reasonable. Since there is good arguments to be made that the concept of them came from stories of real animals that got misunderstood by people down the line (like a game of telephone).

And given what the bible says about unicorns, I think this is probably the case.
Actually this is about accurate. The word unicorn used to mean rhino. This video explains that.

[video=youtube;_YQooBFIPdY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YQooBFIPdY[/video]

M

megaman125

Below is some of the terms I've read on this forum recently...

Devils, Angels, Demons, Talking Snakes, Talking Bushes, Witches, Eternal Fire, Unicorns, Human Sacrifice, Virgin Births, Resurrections, Walking on Water, Water changing to Wine etc.

Those words above I've seen Christians use on this very forum!

If any ONE those were discussed in any other context it would be dismissed as ridiculous. But your religion has them all and says they are real!

And your telling me that because I don't believe in the above then I'm living in some sort of land of make believe? Really?
I haven't seen too many atheists actually want to discuss those, they only want to mock and misrepresent them, like what you're doing.

Sep 14, 2013
I haven't seen too many atheists actually want to discuss those, they only want to mock and misrepresent them, like what you're doing.
Not mocking it at all my friend. But just looking at the surface of it.. Which is more likely to be in the realm of make believe? The above? Or none of the above?