banned again for no reason

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Society

This ban button is being ABUSED and needs to go. This time I was in the shed and did not break a single rule.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
There is no such thing as a ban button for regular members.

What on earth are you talking about?

Only mods/admin have the power to ban.

Fifty people could report one post.
That does not in any way mean the
person who made it will get banned.

But complaining about how the site is run may
get the ban hammer coming down on you.

U

Ugly

Pointless to make two posts. And your side is it's abused. Maybe it is. Or maybe there's a valid reason. None of us know. And no one in the USER to USER section has any way to change it.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
There is no such thing as a ban button for regular members.

What on earth are you talking about?

Only mods/admin have the power to ban.

Fifty people could report one post.
That does not in any way mean the
person who made it will get banned.

But complaining about how the site is run may
get the ban hammer coming down on you.
He is speaking specifically about the chat rooms, not the forums.

Along with the newest version of chat RoboOp implemented user based policing of the chat rooms partially because designated Moderators weren't in chat for much of the day in which case a troll could run rampant for hours at will and partially because of the non stop complaints about chat moderators being either too strict or too lenient.

Under the new system if three users click the "vote to ban" button, the user in question is removed (each of those three users has to fill in a reason for their vote. The system is not without Administrative oversight as all bans are appealable.

D

dalconn

Bans can be for different lengths of time, some permanent and some for only 48 hrs

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
He is speaking specifically about the chat rooms, not the forums.

Along with the newest version of chat RoboOp implemented user based policing of the chat rooms partially because designated Moderators weren't in chat for much of the day in which case a troll could run rampant for hours at will and partially because of the non stop complaints about chat moderators being either too strict or too lenient.

Under the new system if three users click the "vote to ban" button, the user in question is removed (each of those three users has to fill in a reason for their vote. The system is not without Administrative oversight as all bans are appealable.
Thank you for the information; I was completely unaware of this and am sure a lot of the forum people don't know either. I did suspect this thread is about chat rather than forum ban. I haven't used the chatroom for a very long time.

I moderated a type of Christian chat room for 3+ years, and I know firsthand from the experience how it is very difficult to make decisions about people sometimes. Sometimes a person is just being silly, sometimes immature, sometimes simply ignorant - or even speaking from a subcultural view that's not immediately understood. What appears to be trollish isn't always that. It is even more complex of a situation when there are many people with moderating power, who may all see things in different ways and all have varying levels of patience and varying thresholds of what they consider 'too far' -- and all the more in a religious setting where bannable offense isn't limited to abusive or inappropriate behaviour, but heretical ideas, which of course have to be defined by someone and agreed on. You want to foster discussion and not drive away everyone who has an opposing view, but you also want to be able to stay 'kosher' when 'kosherness' may not be easy to define or interpret.

I can see how the system you say is in place now can easily be abused ((in defense of op 3 actual trolls can overrun a room, right? Or even 1 person with a VPN and 3 logins...)) and I can also see why such a system was put in place.

Not complaining or anything, just rambling, and offering a bit of sympathy / empathy

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2011
Is there a mark or something when a temporary ban Is given?

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
The mark of the beastly behavior, perhaps???????

A

AuntieAnt

This ban button is being ABUSED and needs to go. This time I was in the shed and did not break a single rule.
Perhaps you can arrange to have two or three members/friends to meet you in the chat room to be witnesses in the event it happens again. That way it won't be just your word against the entire chat room.

Also, I noticed in your profile that you are not a Christian. It is after all a Christian chat room, so if there is a Bible study discussion or active Christian fellowship going on, and you're chatting about things contrary to it, that's pretty much a valid reason to be banned. Have you read the rules of this site? Members come here to build each other up spiritually, so keep that in mind. Anything that disrupts that purpose is breaking the rules.

On the other hand, if you're interested in knowing who Jesus Christ is and have legitimate questions about salvation and the Word of God, I don't see why you're being banned.

mcubed

Dec 20, 2013
What is wrong with this post? Your here. Obviously not banned means nothing... according to you saying "again". You are obviously back. What is your problem?

U

Ugly

What is wrong with this post? Your here. Obviously not banned means nothing... according to you saying "again". You are obviously back. What is your problem?
It was clarified that it was a CHAT ROOM ban using the new ban system. He's made this complaint previously that members are banning him for no reason. The new ban system doesn't give perma-bans unless a mod does it.

Jan 6, 2018
Had a friend on here (I guess his former name was bushido8000)? Really great guy. Full of insight and humor. Got banned for "being racist against white people" even though he himself was white. It was actually him just disagreeing with the mod on politics. Saw the feud myself and thought it was a pretty unfair ban but sometimes stuff happens I guess.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
We aren't supposed to discuss why people get banned. Although I do miss Bushi...

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Had a friend on here (I guess his former name was bushido8000)? Really great guy. Full of insight and humor. Got banned for "being racist against white people" even though he himself was white. It was actually him just disagreeing with the mod on politics. Saw the feud myself and thought it was a pretty unfair ban but sometimes stuff happens I guess.

Interesting that your "friend" was banned July of 2016, a full year and a half before you joined. He returned under a different nic in December of 2017and was removed (since he returned without permission) five days before you joined.

Even more interesting is that you share an IP address with Bushido8000.

Since you brought up the ban and chose to misrepresent it, I'll set the record straight. Bushido received an infraction (not a ban) for language that a moderator deemed to be inappropriate. Instead of appealing the infraction to Admin (I probably would have overturned the infraction because it fell into a grey area), he chose to make a public scene in the forums about his infraction which is what got him banned.

Mar 29, 2018

Interesting that your "friend" was banned July of 2016, a full year and a half before you joined. He returned under a different nic in December of 2017and was removed (since he returned without permission) five days before you joined.

Even more interesting is that you share an IP address with Bushido8000.

Since you brought up the ban and chose to misrepresent it, I'll set the record straight. Bushido received an infraction (not a ban) for language that a moderator deemed to be inappropriate. Instead of appealing the infraction to Admin (I probably would have overturned the infraction because it fell into a grey area), he chose to make a public scene in the forums about his infraction which is what got him banned.
How was I suppose to appeal the infraction to admin? Wasn't the guy who who infractioned/banned me admin? I wasn't aware there was a chain of command, otherwise that would have been my first course of action. I thought an "admin" and "mod" are the same thing on this site? Are they not? I appealed to the mod who gave me an infraction and he wasn't having it. That's why I made a little spammy exit scene, because I figured one of the top dogs (the admin with the American flag as his avatar) was gunning for my ban anyway after openly stating how opposed to my political views he was and delivering an infraction just for political differences. If I knew that you were above him I would have definitely gone to you first. I mean you have to see that I have been actively using awolnation for quite some time without incident. I'm a reasonable dude, not some internet troll whose goal is to cause problems on this site (like Dem :rolleyes:).

The only reason why I made a mention on this thread was because I knew it would open up a reasonable conversation between us. If you would like to continue the discussion through private messages, I would be down for that as well.

Last edited:

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Did you mean, NOT "an internet troll whose goal is to cause problems on this site"? :)

How was I suppose to appeal the infraction to admin? Wasn't the guy who who banned me admin? I wasn't aware there was a chain of command, otherwise that would have been my first course of action. I thought an "admin" and "mod" are the same thing on this site? Are they not? I appealed to the mod who gave me an infraction and he wasn't having it. That's why I made a little spammy exit scene, because I figured one of the top dogs (the admin with the American flag as his avatar) was gunning for my ban anyway after openly stating how opposed to my political views he was and delivering an infraction just for political differences. If I knew that you were above him I would have definitely gone to you first. I mean you have to see that I have been actively using awolnation for quite some time without incident. I'm a reasonable dude, not some internet troll whose goal is to cause problems on this site.

The only reason why I made a mention on this thread was because I knew it would open up a reasonable conversation between us. If you would like to continue the discussion through private messages, I would be down for that as well.