Basic income

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 10, 2021
Okay hun explain what the government have to do with Christianity? I'm confused, I come here for Christian that, that's what I googled. I didn't come here to speak about the government. Once again I suggest you find a political chatroom. God bless🙏🙏

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Okay hun explain what the government have to do with Christianity? I'm confused, I come here for Christian that, that's what I googled. I didn't come here to speak about the government.
What does the government have to do with Christianity

1. Christians pay taxes. Are you concerned with what you are paying for? If you pay for murder you are responsible for that murder. If you pay for abortion you are now accountable for that abortion. It is ignorant to say that as a Christian I should have no interest or concern with what my taxes are paying for.

2. How about education? Your kids will be taught by someone. If the Christians decide they have nothing to do with that then your kids will be taught by unbelievers. The Bible says very clearly that teaching your children is the responsibility of the parents. This is why parents go to school board meetings, pay attention to curriculum and you have a vested interest in how your kids are taught.

3. How about police and the court system? The New testament tells us to aspire to live in peace. How can we do that if the court system is unjust? How could we do that if we have riots in the streets or a crack epidemic, or an opioid epidemic. To aspire to live in peace means we are concerned about the police and the court system.

4. How about the economy, is that part of the government? Of course, Clinton's campaign phrase "It's the economy, stupid". Many many verses throughout the Bible concerning what we should and shouldn't do, about being diligent, avoiding pitfalls, being wise, etc. Once again it is very hard to live in peace if you are also in poverty. All the systems break down when the economy collapses.

5. What about prayer, is that political? Of course it is, if it weren't why would they ban it in the schools? We should be awake to the apostasy creeping in by eliminating Jesus and prayer from society.

6. What about the name of Jesus is that political? Again, why would teachers be prohibited from saying the name of Jesus in the classroom if it wasn't?

7. How about Marriage, Genders, abortion, health care? Yes, all these are political issues and they are also Biblical issues. Our government says they are issues for the government to handle, the Bible disagrees with them.

8. What about war? What about the mark of the beast? What about "the entire world lies in the evil one". Yes, once again they are all government issues and they are also Bibilical issues.

Once again I suggest you find a political chatroom. God bless🙏🙏
Your suggestion has been noted and filed where it belongs.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
More Bible verses about Government

Matthew 11:21 Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works had been done in Tyre and Sidon which were done in you, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.

Tyre and Sidon refer to cities that had kept Israelites as slaves and treated them abusively. That is why Jonah was sent to them to tell them to repent. That is right, BLM protests are exactly what this verse is talking about.

Matthew 18:7 Woe unto the world because of occasions of stumbling! for it must needs be that the occasions come; but woe to that man through whom the occasion cometh!

For example, a man's daughter is raped in the bathroom at a Junior HS, the school board hides this fact, he complains so they arrest him and classify him as a domestic terrorist. Yes, these protests at school board meetings over CRT and transgender laws is exactly what one example of this verse is referring to.

Matthew 23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye shut the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye enter not in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering in to enter.

For example preventing prayer in schools or the name of Jesus to be spoken in schools.

Matthew 23:15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte; and when he is become so, ye make him twofold more a son of hell than yourselves.

The US border has been thrown open, we are flying these illegal aliens all over the country to apparently swing elections. We flew in Afghanis from Afghanistan, many of whom were completely unvetted. Yes, our political leadership is compassing land and sea to make proselytes.

Matthew 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye tithe mint and anise and cummin, and have left undone the weightier matters of the law, justice, and mercy, and faith: but these ye ought to have done, and not to have left the other undone.

Yes, they are talking about the $2 Trillion dollar bill which will dramatically increase IRS agents in order to tithe mint and anise, and they do this at exactly the same time this incredibly unjust trial of Kyle Rittenhouse takes place.

Matthew 23:25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye cleanse the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full from extortion and excess.

Yes, even Hunter Biden's laptop does not escape the rebuke of the Bible. His art career with his paintings selling for $450,000 is simply a brazen example of extortion.

Matthew 23:27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which outwardly appear beautiful, but inwardly are full of dead men’s bones, and of all uncleanness.

Yes, even the recent argument about tearing down statues is part of the Bible. The Democrats are all for tearing down these statues so long as no one mentions the fact that all these people were democrats. Why do they pick some obscure date to celebrate the freeing of slaves and not the Gettysburg address? Because Lincoln was a Republican.

Mark 12:40 they that devour widows’ houses, and for a pretence make long prayers; these shall receive greater condemnation

Yes, the Bible talks about the Mortgage meltdown in 2008

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Maybe you should Google what type of chat your looking for specifically. This is Christian chat, not political chat. God bless dear.🙏🙏

I'm not entirely sure how things work where you're from, but where I'm from it is generally considered to be really bad manners to be one of the newer people in a group and try to dictate to everyone else how things should be.

Christian Chat is a place for Christians to discuss all manner of subjects that involve them and the world we live in.

Oct 10, 2021
Do we need to spell it out for you? The book of Revelation and the Book of Daniel both present a vision of one world government, a tyrannical government where every person is completely controlled by the tyrant, they control what you buy or sell and if you refuse the mark of the beast they decapitate you.

Therefore as Christians who are watching for the appearing of the Lord we are quite concerned with any movement towards this one world government. If everyone in the world depends on the government for a minimum salary then the government has just gotten bigger, more powerful and can punish anyone who refuses to comply. That was what the first post mentioned and it is in this Stimulus bill.

God bless granny
I'm not entirely sure how things work where you're from, but where I'm from it is generally considered to be really bad manners to be one of the newer people in a group and try to dictate to everyone else how things should be.

Christian Chat is a place for Christians to discuss all manner of subjects that involve them and the world we live in.
I simply gave suggestions. Rather you take the suggestions or not is totally up to the viewer. We are allowed to give suggestions right? If I'm wrong correct me. I'm an adult, I can handle rejections, sorry others are too insecure to handle other people views. God bless you hun🙏🙏

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Agreed

14 And Jehovah said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art, northward and southward and eastward and westward: 15 for all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever. 16 And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then may thy seed also be numbered. 17 Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for unto thee will I give it.

Nov 23, 2021
Where does the money come from for a basic income that the government hands out, regardless of one's occupation, if any, or type of work / hours worked?
The money comes from a printing machine and in the case of the current administration give sleepy Joe the printing machine and it's all good. He's going to borrow all he can problem is it has to be paid back. Some multi-trillion dollar infrastructure Bill . No problem easy fix just get it from your grandkids. We don't make stuff and sell stuff anymore not really . We borrow it . We ask for a loan from the Central Bank the Federal Reserve " The Fed"and sell them Government "Bonds" in return in the form of short term 5 year 10 year 30 year bonds they can cash in when they mature and get a return at interest ( very small these days) ...........the fed buys the bonds and resells them . The markets are up or down speculating what the Fed is going to do . The answer is the money is printed out of thin air with no gold reserve to back it up. So the interest on the debt grows the total national debt grows and instead of things like factories making stuff and selling it overseas we just buy and import goods living beyond our means. While the dollar loses value and prices go up . Where does the money come from ..thin air . a printing machine After World War 2 We achieved the status of the world reserve currency we had gold to back it up today no. Nixon took us off the gold standard . Use to be a foreign government could request to be paid in gold . no more. Out of thin air from a printing machine borrowed at interest .

Nov 23, 2021
The money comes from a printing machine and in the case of the current administration give sleepy Joe the printing machine and it's all good. He's going to borrow all he can problem is it has to be paid back. Some multi-trillion dollar infrastructure Bill . No problem easy fix just get it from your grandkids. We don't make stuff and sell stuff anymore not really . We borrow it . We ask for a loan from the Central Bank the Federal Reserve " The Fed"and sell them Government "Bonds" in return in the form of short term 5 year 10 year 30 year bonds they can cash in when they mature and get a return at interest ( very small these days) ...........the fed buys the bonds and resells them . The markets are up or down speculating what the Fed is going to do . The answer is the money is printed out of thin air with no gold reserve to back it up. So the interest on the debt grows the total national debt grows and instead of things like factories making stuff and selling it overseas we just buy and import goods living beyond our means. While the dollar loses value and prices go up . Where does the money come from ..thin air . a printing machine After World War 2 We achieved the status of the world reserve currency we had gold to back it up today no. Nixon took us off the gold standard . Use to be a foreign government could request to be paid in gold . no more. Out of thin air from a printing machine borrowed at interest .

Nov 23, 2021
All value comes from what we produce. Obviously if someone is not producing anything they are a drain on the economy. It sounds good that everyone gets a basic income, but once you give that power to the government they will do two things, they will take your money to give to someone else and second they will be motivated to do away with the "useless eaters". Just think of Russia, China, Egypt or any of the other tyrannies where they had this power.
I simply gave suggestions. Rather you take the suggestions or not is totally up to the viewer. We are allowed to give suggestions right? If I'm wrong correct me. I'm an adult, I can handle rejections, sorry others are too insecure to handle other people views. God bless you hun🙏🙏
What does the government have to do with Christianity

1. Christians pay taxes. Are you concerned with what you are paying for? If you pay for murder you are responsible for that murder. If you pay for abortion you are now accountable for that abortion. It is ignorant to say that as a Christian I should have no interest or concern with what my taxes are paying for.

2. How about education? Your kids will be taught by someone. If the Christians decide they have nothing to do with that then your kids will be taught by unbelievers. The Bible says very clearly that teaching your children is the responsibility of the parents. This is why parents go to school board meetings, pay attention to curriculum and you have a vested interest in how your kids are taught.

3. How about police and the court system? The New testament tells us to aspire to live in peace. How can we do that if the court system is unjust? How could we do that if we have riots in the streets or a crack epidemic, or an opioid epidemic. To aspire to live in peace means we are concerned about the police and the court system.

4. How about the economy, is that part of the government? Of course, Clinton's campaign phrase "It's the economy, stupid". Many many verses throughout the Bible concerning what we should and shouldn't do, about being diligent, avoiding pitfalls, being wise, etc. Once again it is very hard to live in peace if you are also in poverty. All the systems break down when the economy collapses.

5. What about prayer, is that political? Of course it is, if it weren't why would they ban it in the schools? We should be awake to the apostasy creeping in by eliminating Jesus and prayer from society.

6. What about the name of Jesus is that political? Again, why would teachers be prohibited from saying the name of Jesus in the classroom if it wasn't?

7. How about Marriage, Genders, abortion, health care? Yes, all these are political issues and they are also Biblical issues. Our government says they are issues for the government to handle, the Bible disagrees with them.

8. What about war? What about the mark of the beast? What about "the entire world lies in the evil one". Yes, once again they are all government issues and they are also Bibilical issues.

Your suggestion has been noted and filed where it belongs.

Attachments

Nov 23, 2021
Politics seem to be a preoccupation with a lot of christians . Some of them are so invested in the world their personal relationship to God's purpose in their lives suffers. Render to Caesar the Things which are Caesars and to God the things which are Gods

Nov 23, 2021
Politics seem to be a preoccupation with a lot of christians . Some of them are so invested in the world their personal relationship to God's purpose in their lives suffers. Render to Caesar the Things which are Caesars and to God the things which are Gods

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Where does the money come from ..thin air . a printing machine After World War 2 We achieved the status of the world reserve currency we had gold to back it up today no. Nixon took us off the gold standard . Use to be a foreign government could request to be paid in gold . no more. Out of thin air from a printing machine borrowed at interest .
During the World Wars we were able to build up gold reserves as we produced the war machinery necessary for the allied forces. That is why we became the reserve currency, we had all the world's gold.

Then Nixon took us off gold when he secured an agreement with OPEC that they would only sell oil in dollars and in return we would take care of their security. This is why the Middle East is central to our national security, the only reason we can print money at will is because we control the Middle East. However, after the Afghanistan debacle Russia cut a deal to supply security. We are teetering on the brink of no longer being the "petrol dollar" and once that happens we will become Venezuela overnight.

Nov 23, 2021
During the World Wars we were able to build up gold reserves as we produced the war machinery necessary for the allied forces. That is why we became the reserve currency, we had all the world's gold.

Then Nixon took us off gold when he secured an agreement with OPEC that they would only sell oil in dollars and in return we would take care of their security. This is why the Middle East is central to our national security, the only reason we can print money at will is because we control the Middle East. However, after the Afghanistan debacle Russia cut a deal to supply security. We are teetering on the brink of no longer being the "petrol dollar" and once that happens we will become Venezuela overnight.
plagarism or just editing my post ? lol

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
plagarism or just editing my post ? lol
Didn't see that, what post did you mention our dollar is backed by petroleum or how afghanistan debacle spells the end of the US dollar as a reserve currency?

Nov 23, 2021
Your spin my bad, you dissected a reply I made to a question added a few details . Personally I wish you would have stayed on topic and not built off my reply but then again. I have experienced that before . I try to discourage folks from dissecting my comments I find it intrusive frankly. Peace . fair enough ?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
The government doesn't even have to print the money anymore either as it is mostly electronic.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
A very simple way to understand money is to realize they are "promissory notes". Suppose I can reasonably suggest I'll make $100,000 a year (on average) for the next 20 years. Then printing $2 million today is not unreasonable, it just means I'll be a slave for the next 20 years and even then will not be free of the debt because of the interest. I and my family will become perpetual debt slaves.

So what happens if we print $20 million? Now it is not reasonable, absurd really, to think I could pay that off. One solution is inflation, if $20 million = $2 million and we simply devalue the money then it becomes reasonable except you are not looking at the full equation. That might work for the borrower but definitely does not work for the lender. So one criteria for the "reserve currency" is trust. Once you printed absurd amounts of "promissory notes" you destroyed your trust. If they no longer trust you they will demand something of value -- your house, your land, etc. This is how Egypt became slaves selling everything to Pharaoh for bread.

So then when you see the coming collapse you buy up farm land. This is what the elites have been doing.

HillsboroMom

Jan 3, 2021
DONT let them fool us again with their lies.

This “billionaire” tax, is an absolute Trojan horse attempt to tax “yet unrealized” investments from everyday Americans 401k and IRA accounts.
Hi PennEd.

I work in the tax industry. I know a thing or two about this, and spend a lot of time researching every tax bill that comes out of Washington, as well as those in many states.

I promise you, there is nothing in any federal law that has been passed recently, nor any state in the U.S., nor anything on the horizon in the next 2-4 years, that will tax unrealized gain on IRAs or 401(k)s, nor any unrealized gains on investments. This would violate almost every rule of banking. Those accounts are set up with specific rules, and it would take more than a simple act of congress to change the rules. Even if they wanted to, they wouldn't be able to apply such rules to accounts already in existence. They might be able to say any account set up in the future would be taxed, but all current investments are grandfathered in, and can't be touched. It's just not possible.

There may come a time in the next decade or so when capital gains rates are increased to be the same as ordinary income taxes. That would be in line with Scripture. After all, money you earn by sitting on your butt all day should be taxed AT LEAST as heavily as money that is earned by the sweat of your brow. I would support that, as I agree with Paul, that those who don't work shouldn't eat. I don't think that will happen any time soon, as this nation's laws don't seem to have much to do with Scripture. (Nor should they!) But, that would be the closest thing you would see to what you're talking about. Sometimes you hear some of the extremists on both sides (both Socialists and Libertarians) talk about it, but they both are silenced pretty quickly by the establishment Democrats and Republicans.

I promise you, unrealized gains are in no danger of being taxed.

If you're interested in either of the two economic packages that were just passed, or if you have any other economic questions, feel free to tag me and ask.

HillsboroMom

Jan 3, 2021
Where does the money come from for a basic income that the government hands out, regardless of one's occupation, if any, or type of work / hours worked?
Depends on whose plan. There are several different "Basic Income" plans out there. Some are funded by business taxes, some by general income taxes, some by wealth taxes. All of them are some form of a redistribution of wealth, from the "haves" to the "have nots."

The question isn't "where does the money come from?" but rather, "Is this congruent with Scripture?"

If it is not, then it doesn't matter where the money comes from, a Christian must reject it.

If it is, then it doesn't matter where the money comes from, a Christian must support it.

He hath put down the mighty from their seat: and hath exalted the humble and meek. He hath filled the hungry with good things: and the rich he hath sent empty away.
Some socialist must have written that.