Being bullied at work.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 13, 2022
I had a friend at work but because I no longer want this friendship I feel I am being target. The friend was okay at first but became toxic. I am a believer they are not. I really understand what the word says unequal yoked. The person has become my manager and I think because I ended the friendship they are angry and I feel micromanaged and bullied. I am one of the best worker. I was told many times by senior manager. I do everything as I do unto God. I did not apply for higher position because I want to progress in another job but I feel like I'm the target. I am also really like at work. The person is destroying my name. What are your thoughts..

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
I had a friend at work but because I no longer want this friendship I feel I am being target. The friend was okay at first but became toxic. I am a believer they are not. I really understand what the word says unequal yoked. The person has become my manager and I think because I ended the friendship they are angry and I feel micromanaged and bullied. I am one of the best worker. I was told many times by senior manager. I do everything as I do unto God. I did not apply for higher position because I want to progress in another job but I feel like I'm the target. I am also really like at work. The person is destroying my name. What are your thoughts..
Hi, sounds like a tightrope. When you say the person is destroying your name, what makes you say that? Have others told you he's gossiping about you behind your back? Do you have anything concrete to base it on?

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
That is really tough, you are not alone in that, many go through it. Pray for that person, I have found that this is why they are in our lives, they need prayer.

Oct 13, 2022
Hi, sounds like a tightrope. When you say the person is destroying your name, what makes you say that? Have others told you he's gossiping about you behind your back? Do you have anything concrete to base it on?
Yes I do he is gossiping behind my back. Also sometimes I can sense the presence of Evil so strong in him and the automosphere.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
Yes I do he is gossiping behind my back. Also sometimes I can sense the presence of Evil so strong in him and the automosphere.
Let me ask: What are your thoughts on the situation? What do you see as your options? Does the company have any procedures in place for reporting harassment?

Jun 20, 2022
do you feel oppression when you walk into the work environment, because of this person?
do you sense a spiritual tension?

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
What is happening to you is terrible, unfair, and just plain wrong. Rejoice for you are suffering with our Savior. I mean that, rejoice.
Meanwhile, my prayers are with you. God bless you.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I am also really like at work. The person is destroying my name. What are your thoughts..
Just walk away from this toxic situation ASAP. Since you are an excellent worker you should easily be able to find a different employer. And senior management will give you a good recommendation.

Mar 23, 2016
I think because I ended the friendship they are angry
why did you end the friendship? ... and how did you end the friendship?

I am a believer and I work with folks who are not believers ... as far as the work environment, I do not treat those who are not believers differently than the believers. if someone needs something, I try to accommodate if I am able, whether the person who asks for something is a believer or not.

of course, with the believers, we have a closer non-work relationship ... we pray together and discuss Scripture, etc., etc.

and the non-believers know I am a believer so if they ever have any questions about God, they know they can ask me.

1 Corinthians 9:19-23 For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more. And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law; To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ) that I might gain them that are without law. To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. And this I do for the gospel's sake ...

MsMediator

Mar 8, 2022
At my worksplace senior management has a open door policy where we can come forward with our grievances and we have a zero tolerance policy. I know several people who complained about toxic environment or poor management several levels up and this was taken seriously . I must give this credit to Gen Z employees who helped to make this possible. That said I cannot give you advice on how to proceed as there are risks. It really depends on company culture. I would make a start keeping a record of everything, such as day time quotes and description. One of my colleagues actually presented a long list and that seemed to have an impact. Don't go to senior management with vague complaints.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I would make a start keeping a record of everything, such as day time quotes and description.
Let's say he does this, files a complaint, and the offender is reprimanded. Will this improve the atmosphere or will there be even more animosity? So in the end this is totally counterproductive, and may even become dangerous if the offender resorts to violence or worse in retaliation. The simple solution is to move on and leave the toxic environment behind.

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
I understand this. In my current job the lady supervisor was pointing out every little thing I wasn't doing and moving things around that I'd done that didn't need to be moved.

I decided to write down my own little list of things to make sure I'd done, and follow it. This worked well and she got off my case.

I found out though she was stressed from moving house and her hubby being Ill. So there was more to it.

But yeah...she is very liberal.. into being politically correct and very much a 'greenie'. I think we have very different world views. I'm also over 15 years older.

MsMediator

Mar 8, 2022
Let's say he does this, files a complaint, and the offender is reprimanded. Will this improve the atmosphere or will there be even more animosity?
After reprimanding, management should make sure that the two people do not work on projects together. A friendship breakup can be similar to a romantic breakup, so they should not be working together. Usually, the first round reprimanding only consists of a verbal warning so it is not serious. I am not suggesting that the OP file a formal complaint but rather approach the senior manager. Management can also try to protect the identity of the OP. Looking for another job is also an option if the situation doesn't improve; it really depends on how much the OP loves the job and colleagues otherwise. A lot of bullies are scretive and passive agressive but once that veil is lifted they behave; this has been my observation and then they actually try to ignore you. The bullying is not worth risking their own job.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
If its coworkers I would ask to be moved to another department so not working together but if its management itself bullying you unfortunately you cant do anything but look for another job and leave. Or you could still be doing a great job but often they will find any excuse to fire you if you stand up to them.

You cant serve God and Mammon at the same time, and this is quite common in a secular environment. God has something better for you just trust Him, just pray for this enemy. I fond that micro-managers seem to think workers are working for them alone when they are really just doing their jobs for the customers or people or team and are not a reflection on them its because they may be insecure or jealous (esp if you are doing a better job than they are, or having more fun or whatver)

I hope you'll be in a better workspace soon its not worth the stress of being bullied.

MessengerofTruth

Dec 21, 2022
It is spiritual warfare, but you are not wrestling with this man, but the unclean spirit that hates you that this man in his likely ignorance is obeying. I agree with Evmur to pray for this man and be sober and vigilant, knowing that your enemy is lurking, seeking someway to destroy you.

MsMediator

Mar 8, 2022
And what if there are no such options?
If there are no options and management doesn't resolve the issue, then the person should look for another job. If the manager is also bullying other people, then the person has a stronger case to get the manager fired.

Oct 13, 2022
I have a friend at work but because I no longer want this friendship I feel I am being target. The friend was okay at first but became toxic. I am a believer they are not. I really understand what the word says unequal yoked. The person has become my manager and I think because I ended the friendship they are angry and I feel micromanaged and bullied. I am one of the best worker. I was told many times by senior manager. I do everything as I do unto God. I did not apply for higher position because I want to progress in another job but I feel like I'm the target. I am also really like at work. The person is destroying my name. What are your thoughts..