Beware of online ministries

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
what happened to forgiveness
For one's own peace and clear relationship with the Lord, it is necessary to forgive others.

Where someone has repented, it is appropriate to extend forgiveness; that is, to communicate to that person that they are forgiven.

Forgiveness is not restoration. Some sins shut doors permanently.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Online ministries, though often problematic, are also easy to investigate... if people take 5 minutes to check.

A.) If an "online ministry" is operating 100% online, then any unbiblical doctrine it promotes will also be online.
B.) It should be easy to find any heresies, scandals, or general stupidity.... if all their resources & teaching are online.
C.) Therefore, it's easy to find out what you're getting into if: you've bothered to learn your bible, and you take 5 minutes to investigate a new teacher before trusting him.

* Once again, it all comes down to the basics... learn the bible, and you won't be led astray by nonsense.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Also what is "guzzeling"? Sounds nasty.
I never expected anyone to ask this question. :D It is guzzling without the "e", and it simply means greedily consuming food or beverages. In the old days, some vehicles were called "gas guzzlers" because of how much gasoline they consumed. There are still gas guzzlers around but no one says a word.

Getting back to strange and bizarre doctrines, they are certainly on the increase. By the same token everyone is free to ignore the ignoramuses. That's another word you might want to check out.

Chester

May 23, 2016
Online ministries, though often problematic, are also easy to investigate... if people take 5 minutes to check.

A.) If an "online ministry" is operating 100% online, then any unbiblical doctrine it promotes will also be online.
B.) It should be easy to find any heresies, scandals, or general stupidity.... if all their resources & teaching are online.
C.) Therefore, it's easy to find out what you're getting into if: you've bothered to learn your bible, and you take 5 minutes to investigate a new teacher before trusting him.

* Once again, it all comes down to the basics... learn the bible, and you won't be led astray by nonsense.
Best wisdom I have seen on this thread yet. No need for more. Just read what Mr. Maxwel wrote. Close the thread down now - LOL!

Here it is again - three points

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Best wisdom I have seen on this thread yet. No need for more. Just read what Mr. Maxwel wrote. Close the thread down now - LOL!
Shut it and pin it. :)(y)

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
you cant thump your bible online

It doesnt make a satisfying sound like a real one does aye

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
But nuns would not be the ones talking about learning the Bible. They would be teaching the Catechism of the Catholic Church.

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
He was ousted from the ministry, and by his own admission is "unqualified for ministry." What he did exactly I'm not sure; but he admits it got him kicked out of the ministry. Whatever it was, it prevents him from getting another pastoral or missionary gig.

Now, here's my point. Anyone (even Hurd) can start an online ministry whether qualified to be teaching and preaching or not. My default position is to not trust any online ministries until I've tested them against the word of God. This should be true of any teacher or preacher, but especially online ministries where there's no oversight and no accountability.
And while we are at it I would not trust a lot of the men in the pulpit as they are nothing more than a jaw fest to make them sound spiritual.

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
just a thought. Many people gyrate to online ministries because what the church offers is insipid or anemic. Nothing to get your teeth into

May 9, 2021
What do you guys think about David Lynn (Christsforgiveness) on YouTube.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
What do you guys think about David Lynn (Christsforgiveness) on YouTube.
I don't know that much about him but he seems to mention "fullness" and "full gospel" a lot: meaning he believes in signs and wonders, baptism of the Holy Spirit evidenced by tongues. That puts him on the false doctrine road as far as I'm concerned.

L

Locoponydirtman

The plain fact is, that if its not connectes to a real church where folks can actually gather together, then its not church at all. So while it may be good and fun to listen to online or radio teachers, thay should not replace real church. "Do not forsake the gathering of yourselves together, as some do in the last days"; thats a real warning. So if you have the ability to attend a local congregation then you should do so. If you do not have the ability, you should be in contact with your local congregation for pastoral care at home. For example my pastor goes to the homes of those who are ill or physically unable for what ever reason. He teaches, prays with and gives communion to those people in need.
On line or mass media is not a good substitute.

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
So if you have the ability to attend a local congregation then you should do so.
Severe problem is deciding "which" ONE of the Several denoms all
teaching Many Confusing Differences (especially water baptism):cry:
your method, please?
-----------------------------
ours is:

Please Be Very RICHLY Encouraged And Edified In
The LORD JESUS CHRIST, And His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided
(+ I and II).

Grace, Peace, And JOY!...

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
L

Locoponydirtman

Severe problem is deciding "which" ONE of the Several denoms all
teaching Many Confusing Differences (especially water baptism):cry:
your method, please?
-----------------------------
ours is:

Please Be Very RICHLY Encouraged And Edified In
The LORD JESUS CHRIST, And His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided
(+ I and II).

Grace, Peace, And JOY!...
My method. Is the same method practiced by the church for time and memorial.
First read all the related scripture, then believe what is written. And then do what it says.

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
I don't know that much about him but he seems to mention "fullness" and "full gospel" a lot: meaning he believes in signs and wonders, baptism of the Holy Spirit evidenced by tongues. That puts him on the false doctrine road as far as I'm concerned.
I have no idea who David Lynn is but I am convinced that if i was under your tutelage. my knowledge and experience of the Lord would be sadly wanting.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Being a TV minister can result in being rich with money. Check the homes of these ministers. Making money motivates rather than loving the Lord.

My friend had a TV minister as a neighbor. He was living with two Bentleys and two bimbos. The bimbos wore brief leather shorts and a bikini type top when I saw them.

Dec 30, 2020
I wonder why should you, me or anyone of us watch ANY "online ministries"?

I don't know about you guys but I know TOO MUCH about calvinism, oneness, trinity, dispensationalism, cessationism, continuationism, prepostmid trib rapture, amillennialism, premillennialism, socinianism, unitarianism, supersessionism and on and on it goes.

I have heard ALL the possible arguments from both sides in each of these debates, watched hundreds of em, and they ALL repeat the same arguments, doesn't matter who is doing the debating, its the same arguments being used. I am confident I could prove to you all of the positions listed above from the Bible, then turn around and disprove them with the Bible. HOW is that possible you ask? Easy, I pick the verses that support it and either IGNORE or explain away the other verses, that is how ALL these systems work.

Heres an example

1. Calvinism is true, proof: John 6:37 All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away.

See there, they WILL come, not maybe, they will come, its all predestined anyway Acts 13:48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord, and as many as were appointed to eternal life believed.

2. Calvinism is not true, proof:
The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9

See there you go, clearly God wants everyone saved.

1.But wait, all doesnt really mean ALL without exception, it means all kinds of men as we see from the context there.

2.No actually it does mean all men because "He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world." 1 John 2:2 -

ON and ON it goes. The other guy gonna talk about how world there means gentiles in general, other one disagrees and says why. These are ENDLESS repetitive fruitless debates. And that is what 99% of online ministries are, just "exposing" some pastor somewhere for something and his gang of cheerleaders cheering him on. These guys need to go outside, and so do I
God is almighty and can do whatever He wants. If God does not want anyone to perish, then no one will perish. In 2 Peter 3: 9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise as some men count slackness, but is long-suffering toward US, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. Peter is talking about US, those that have been predestined to salvation. The Lord does not want any of the future predestined saints to perish. That is why He is longsuffering and not ending it till all have come to repentance.