BIBLE VERSES EXPLAINING SOME TEACHINGS OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 28, 2016
When we use the word "advocate," in this sense, we are saying that she advocate, our causes and petitions, before her Son. If I asked you to pray for me would you not be advocating before Christ for my petitions?
Making the word of God without effect.

If I was to ask you as one still here under the Sun we would be seeking to lift each other up . If we were to seek the dead for us living under the Sun ;Then I would be seeking (necromancy) after a disembodied worker with a familiar spirit or what you must call a patron saint and scripture defines as a abomination.

We seek after the Father as the one authorized manner clearly called "This manner". Not after our brothers and sisters in Christ who are asleep waiting for the wake up call on the last day .Arise and receive your promised new incorruptible bodies

Matthew 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

Apr 15, 2017
Bible verses explaining some teachings of the Catholic Church.

The new age movement can say the same thing with their interpretation of the Bible based on the occult, nature worship, and evolution, and people can still be evolve to be greater, and spiritual, and Jesus is not Lord and Savior, but a good teacher in the evolutionary process, and the New Age Christ is the last teacher in the evolutionary process, and will cause them to evolve, which do not acknowledge a personal God, but honor the God of forces, or the power of nature as their higher power.

Which means people can make scriptures out to mean different things if that is their viewpoint of reality, or their belief.

Scientology can say the same thing, Christian Science can say the same thing, Mormon Church can say the same thing, Latter Day Saints can say the same thing, Unitarian Church can say the same thing.

Because the truth of the matter is many people interpret the Bible based on a belief that is not part of the Bible, which the occultist will interpret it as such, and the prejudice will interpret it as such, and those that like to enjoy sin will interpret it as such, and those of other religions will interpret it according to their religion, even Islam.

Because they interpret the scriptures according to a belief that is not part of the Bible, and it becomes their foundation for the interpretation of scriptures.

The truth which can be plain to see by the doctrines, and practices of the Catholic Church, is that when they embraced Christianity, lo those many years ago, they did not get rid of their religious pagan ways, but held unto them, and it became their foundation for the interpretation of scriptures, for they will do things that are based on what they did before they embraced Christianity and interpret the scriptures that way.

That is why Mary can be the mother of God, and the Queen of heaven, and they reverence her, even though Jesus said anybody that does the will of God the same is His mother, brethren, and sisters, and a woman told Jesus your mother is blessed, and He said anybody that hears the word of God and does it the same is as blessed as Mary.

And the Pope can be the Holy Father, but a man called Jesus good, and He said why call me good for there is one good and that is God, which the man Christ Jesus was giving glory to God for Him doing good, and Jesus said call no man on earth father in a spiritual sense, unless it is your natural father, for you only have one Father in a spiritual sense and that is God.

And the Pope is the head of the Church when Christ is the head of the Church.

And all the practices, and traditions, many of them that have no bearing on salvation, for love works no ill towards their neighbor, therefore love is the fulfilling of the law, and Jesus got on the Pharisees for their traditions, in which they made the word of God of none effect, by practicing something God did not approve of saying there is a benefit to it and pleasing God.

All we do is have to love people to fulfill God's law, so why do they do all the things they do, but that is what people do trying to please God by all these different practices, and traditions, who are pagans.

I am not dogging out Catholics for they love God and do not look at it as bad, but it is the Vatican and the Pope, and they are involved in the occult and more so now than in the past, for there is a plan at hand.

And because their foundation is pagan claiming Christianity, they can swing either way, pagan, or Christian, in whatever ratio they swing, and what will happen is they will swing more towards the pagan side, and their beliefs will become more occultic, as the Pope introduces it slowly to them, until he unifies the religions as the leader of a unified religious system, which the religions will agree to for their beliefs will change that much, and the other religions look to him as a great leader.

Because they are actually adhering to the new age movement but they have to bring it out slowly to the people, which they were probably infiltrated by people posing as Catholics at the Vatican and are changing it from within, and will get the Pope of their choosing to push the new age movement making it out to be that is what the Bible is talking about.

But when it gets to that point many Catholics will not follow them, but many people of other religions will follow them, as they have a unified religious system, and anything taught contrary to it is not tolerated, and the truth of the Gospel is not permitted, which is the time the world will not endure sound doctrine, but will be turned unto fables.

They will still belief Jesus is important, and a good teacher, but not Lord and Savior, but an ascended master and avatar, by the power of nature, and all part of the unified religious system will accept Jesus, and believe He did exist, but it is not the same Jesus as the Bible, and they want to become an ascended master and avatar like the man Jesus, and He is a good teacher in the evolutionary process, but the New Age Christ is the final teacher, which they can never be like the New Age Christ for he will exalt himself above all, and claim to be God, or the greatest human by the power of nature, for there is no personal God above them.

The Bible wins the war in the battle of the religions on earth, but it is not of the truth and not what the Bible teaches.

So it has to be a leader that claims Christianity, and is considered a great leader that people respect even of other religions, and the Catholic Church's foundation is pagan.

Jul 9, 2017
garee wrote,
No man can serve two teaching masters .One is our teaching Master/Rabbi in heaven we are to call no man (Pope) our teaching on earth.Just as in the same way we are to call no man Father of earth .One is our father in heaven
As Catholics we follow the teachings and example of Our Lord Jesus Christ. We believe that He established a teaching Church and has given the power of it's bishops and priests to administer the Sacraments that He established. We do believe that God the Father is our Father, Who are in Heaven. Because God gave authority to His minsters, on earth, it is right to call our priests "father" since all fatherhood is traced back to God. Are their examples, in Scripture, where others are called "father" other than God? Yes, here are the verses:
  • Acts 7:2 – St. Stephen calls Jewish leaders “fathers”
  • Acts 21:40, 22:1 – St. Paul calls Jerusalem Jews “fathers”
  • Rom 4:16-17 – Abraham called the father of us all”
  • 1Cor 4:14-15 – I became your father in Christ through gospel
  • 1Tim 1:2 – my true child in our common faith
  • Heb 12:7-9 – we have earthly fathers to discipline us
  • Lk 14:26 – if anyone comes to me without hating his father…
  • 1Thess 2:11 – we treated you as a father treats his children
  • Philem 10 – whose father I became in my imprisonment
  • 1Jn 2:13, 14 – I write to you, fathers, because you know him
Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the "things that be of God", but "those that be of" men.Mathew16:22-23
But this did not negate what Our Lord said in the previous verses to Peter.

Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and "blasphemy" shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the "Son of man", it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.Matthew 12:31-32

Amen. Let me ask you this, Our Lord suggests that some sins can be forgiven in the world to come. If this is the case then how does this happen and where does this take place?

Jul 9, 2017
Making the word of God without effect.

If I was to ask you as one still here under the Sun we would be seeking to lift each other up . If we were to seek the dead for us living under the Sun ;Then I would be seeking (necromancy) after a disembodied worker with a familiar spirit or what you must call a patron saint and scripture defines as a abomination.

We seek after the Father as the one authorized manner clearly called "This manner". Not after our brothers and sisters in Christ who are asleep waiting for the wake up call on the last day .Arise and receive your promised new incorruptible bodies

Matthew 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Are those, in Heaven, dead or alive?

Jul 9, 2017
May the peace of Our Lord Jesus be with you.

MattforJesus wrote,

Which means people can make scriptures out to mean different things if that is their viewpoint of reality, or their belief.
So how do we know who is right and who is wrong and by what mechanism can we determine that? Let me ask you this, if Jesus is Who He says that he is then would He not have set up something to determine what was true interpretation and what was not?

Because they interpret the scriptures according to a belief that is not part of the Bible, and it becomes their foundation for the interpretation of scriptures.
But cannot the same thing be said for Protestantism? Scripture alone, faith alone, the pre-trib rapture, etc. are not found in the Scripture and has never been believed by Christianity but Protestants still believe these things. I do realize that there are many Protestants that do not believe in the pre-trib rapture.

The truth which can be plain to see by the doctrines, and practices of the Catholic Church, is that when they embraced Christianity,
The Catholic Church did not embrace Christianity but it is Christianity itself.

lo those many years ago, they did not get rid of their religious pagan ways,
Could you give me some examples?

That is why Mary can be the mother of God,
If you believe that Mary is Jesus' mother and if you believe that Jesus is God then it would follow that Mary is the Mother of God.

and the Queen of heaven,
Rev 12

and they reverence her, even though Jesus said anybody that does the will of God the same is His mother, brethren, and sisters, and a woman told Jesus your mother is blessed, and He said anybody that hears the word of God and does it the same is as blessed as Mary.
Our Lord was making a point but He was not suggesting that we should not honor her. If that was what He was suggesting then He would be sinning because He was breaking His own Commandment of "Honor thy father and mother."

And the Pope can be the Holy Father, but a man called Jesus good, and He said why call me good for there is one good and that is God, which the man Christ Jesus was giving glory to God for Him doing good,
If it is wrong to call someone "good," other than God then why did Our Lord call the servant "good" in Matt. 25:21? Did our Lord contradict Himself? Why or why not?

and Jesus said call no man on earth father in a spiritual sense, unless it is your natural father, for you only have one Father in a spiritual sense and that is God.
If that is the case then does that mean that other Scriptures contradict Our Lord? Here are the verses:
  • Acts 7:2 – St. Stephen calls Jewish leaders “fathers”
  • Acts 21:40, 22:1 – St. Paul calls Jerusalem Jews “fathers”
  • Rom 4:16-17 – Abraham called the father of us all”
  • 1Cor 4:14-15 – I became your father in Christ through gospel
  • 1Tim 1:2 – my true child in our common faith
  • Heb 12:7-9 – we have earthly fathers to discipline us
  • Lk 14:26 – if anyone comes to me without hating his father…
  • 1Thess 2:11 – we treated you as a father treats his children
  • Philem 10 – whose father I became in my imprisonment
  • 1Jn 2:13, 14 – I write to you, fathers, because you know him
And the Pope is the head of the Church when Christ is the head of the Church.
Christ Jesus is the Head of the Church. Catholics have always believed that. The Pope is only Christ's representative on Earth.

And all the practices, and traditions, many of them that have no bearing on salvation, for love works no ill towards their neighbor, therefore love is the fulfilling of the law, and Jesus got on the Pharisees for their traditions, in which they made the word of God of none effect, by practicing something God did not approve of saying there is a benefit to it and pleasing God.
If traditions are wrong then why does Scripture speak in favor of them?
  • 1Cor 11:2 – hold fast to traditions I handed on to you
  • 2Thess 2:15 – hold fast to traditions, whether oral or by letter
  • 2Thess 3:6 – shun those acting not according to tradition
  • Jn 21:25 – not everything Jesus said recorded in Scripture
  • Mk 13:31 – heaven & earth shall pass away, but my word won’t
  • Acts 20;35 – Paul records a saying of Jesus not found in gospels
  • 2Tim 1:13 – follow my sound words; guard the truth
  • 2Tim2:2 – what you heard entrust to faithful men
  • 2Pet 1:20 – no prophecy is a matter of private interpretation
  • 2Pet 3:15-16 – Paul’s letters can be difficult to grasp & interpret
  • 1Pet 1:25 – God’s eternal word = word preached to you
  • Rom 10:17 – faith come from what is heard
  • 1Cor 15:1-2 – being saved if you hold fast to the word I preached
  • Mk 16:15 – go to the whole world, proclaim gospel to every creature
  • Mt 23:2-3 – chair of Moses; observe whatever they tell you
but it is the Vatican and the Pope, and they are involved in the occult and more so now than in the past, for there is a plan at hand.
But where is your proof for this?

Mar 28, 2016
But this did not negate what Our Lord said in the previous verses to Peter.
It confirms the previous verses.

The it that revealed to Peter whom Christ was in both verse 17 and 18 represents the faith of Christ as it is written as that which worked in Peter, just as it works in every believer, to both will and do the good pleasure of God as an imputed righteousness.

It as the gospel is the key that the gates of hell could never prevail against. Catholicism attributes that key to Peter seen so that its followers of venerated ones( fathers) walk by sight as if the kingdom of God came by observation .

It was not revealed by the flesh and blood of Peter

And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.Mathew 16: 17 -19

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Yet another thread bashing the Catholic Church. It gets old after awhile. Why not bash some other denominations to shake things up a bit unless you're saying that all of these denominations are error free in doctrine and practices?

Mar 28, 2016
As Catholics we follow the teachings and example of Our Lord Jesus Christ. We believe that He established a teaching Church and has given the power of it's bishops and priests to administer the Sacraments that He established. We do believe that God the Father is our Father, Who are in Heaven. Because God gave authority to His minsters, on earth, it is right to call our priests "father" since all fatherhood is traced back to God. Are their examples, in Scripture, where others are called "father" other than God? Yes, here are the verses:
All falsehood is traced back to all things written in the law and the prophets (sola scriptura) Not men seen.

Two kinds of use of the word father and teacher as one authority. Remember the father of lies loves to turn things upside down an as if the word of God was inspired from earth . making the understanding of the true father in heaven . Its what the oral traditions of men do.

Isaiah 29:16 Surely you have things turned around! Shall the potter be esteemed as the clay; For shall the thing made say of him who made it, “He did not make me”? Or shall the thing formed say of him who formed it, “He has no understanding”?

Making the word of God as the work that works in the believer without effect(no understanding) coming from God.

Then Jesus spoke to the multitudes and to His disciples, saying: “The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. Therefore whatever they tell you ]to observe, that observe and do, but do not do according to their works; for they say, and do not do. For they (those kind of fathers) bind heavy burdens, hard to bear, and lay them on men’s shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers. But all their works they do to be seen by men. They make their phylacteries broad and enlarge the borders of their garments. They love the best places at feasts, the best seats in the synagogues, greetings in the marketplaces, and to be called by men, ‘Rabbi, Rabbi.’ But you, do not be called ‘Rabbi’; for One is your Teacher, the Christ, and you are all brethren. Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven. And do not be called teachers; for One is your Teacher, the Christ. But he who is greatest among you shall be your servant. And whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be [exalted. Mathew 23: 1-12

The proper usage of the word father is shown in Acts 24. It apposed the law of the fathers as men seen that sought to kill Paul. All things written in the law and the prophets(sola scriptura) the sword of the Spirit apposed them.

Acts 24:14 But this I confess to you, that according to the Way which they call a sect, so I worship the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the Law and in the Prophets.

Catholicism teaches so I worship (venerate) the fathers called apostolic succession as seen as if they were our Father in heaven not seen,

They copied the Pharisees with Saduacess two sects , turning thing upside down

Mar 28, 2016
Yet another thread bashing the Catholic Church. It gets old after awhile. Why not bash some other denominations to shake things up a bit unless you're saying that all of these denominations are error free in doctrine and practices?
Not to bash but show and warn others of their denomination does it openly, boastfully insisting that men seen (Pope) must teach us infallibly. Making the promise of the Holy Spirit to come teach guide and comfort without effect

Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also. Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father. And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life. These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. 1John 2:23-24

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Well look at the title of this thread. Is is not focused on the Catholic Church? and is is not true that Catholicism and Bible Christianity are poles apart?

L

LPT

I don't even want to talk about the bogus theory that Mary had compassion for the guest at the wedding in Cana.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Well look at the title of this thread. Is is not focused on the Catholic Church? and is is not true that Catholicism and Bible Christianity are poles apart?
I really don't understand the fascination about the flaws of the Catholic Church. Let's give some focus on the other denominations as well. It's as if some members feel threatened by this church.

L

LPT

I really don't understand the fascination about the flaws of the Catholic Church. Let's give some focus on the other denominations as well. It's as if some members feel threatened by this church.
Like baptist jumping around like high on drugs, pentecostal swinging snakes

L

LPT

Most all of them have thier quarkieness, some will put you asleep and others got have a set of ear plugs.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Like baptist jumping around like high on drugs, pentecostal swinging snakes
Top Ten Ways You Know You're in a Bad Church

10. The church bus has gun racks

9. Staff consists of "Senior Pastor, Associate Pastor, and Socio-Pastor"

8. The Bible they use is the "Dr. Seuss Version"

7. Their is an ATM in the lobby

6. Services are B.Y.O.S. -- "Bring Your Own Snake"

5. The choir wears leather robes

4. There is no cover charge, but communion is a 2 drink minimum

3. They have karaoke worship time

2. Ushers ask "Smoking or Non-Smoking?"

1. The only song the church organist knows is "Innagaddadavita"

L

LPT

Top Ten Ways You Know You're in a Bad Church

10. The church bus has gun racks

9. Staff consists of "Senior Pastor, Associate Pastor, and Socio-Pastor"

8. The Bible they use is the "Dr. Seuss Version"

7. Their is an ATM in the lobby

6. Services are B.Y.O.S. -- "Bring Your Own Snake"

5. The choir wears leather robes

4. There is no cover charge, but communion is a 2 drink minimum

3. They have karaoke worship time

2. Ushers ask "Smoking or Non-Smoking?"

1. The only song the church organist knows is "Innagaddadavita"
I guess it would look like this. lol
image.jpeg

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Anyone can refute the verses quoted and explain why it is incorrect to use those verses to justify a Catholic
Anyone can refute the verses quoted and explain why it is incorrect to use those verses to justify a Catholic teaching.

View attachment 186175
It will be long post to talk all verses but let me pick the first verse
John 21:25 King James Version (KJV)

25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

This verse give a risen to catholic that pray to Mary is a Jesus teaching that not documented.

That is lie. Not everything Jesus did is documented, let say Jesus wake up at 6 am, than use a res room than breakfast than take a bath etc. it is not something need to publish.
But the teaching must in the document. If Jesus teach that Mary is queen of heaven and we have to pray to Mary. It must include in the document. It only take four sentences not to must space.

If Mary is queen of heaven, and we have to pray to her, it will be more important than the story of heaven how Paul repent. And the Bible wrote a document of how Paul repent about one page, why not wrote the teaching of Mary that only need 4 sentences ( if not enough is the reason)