Blain and Stephanies future wedding fantasy thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
I'm kinda super sad because I wish that fantasy was now... but I know the timing isn't right

D

Depleted

I'm kinda super sad because I wish that fantasy was now... but I know the timing isn't right
Assuming you're not planning a January 29th wedding. It's not wrong either.

I know you're worried about your dad, but he's worried about you too.what do all parents want to see?
-- Baby's first step.
-- Daughter's first dance.
-- Walking up the aisle with the daughter.
-- Grandkids.
-- Great grandkids.
-- Great great grandkids, etc.

One of his main jobs is to worry about you until he finds you a guy who will worry for him, (aka a husband.)

Don't be thinking the wedding is canceled before the plans even start. Your dad is terrified right now, but a small part of that is he's not ready to go without making sure you're okay.

And, honestly? No one knows when he is going. There is no expiration date stamped on our feet. I can see waiting to see what happens this time, but it's not like you're getting married this winter, (well, for most of us it IS winter lol), so feel free to start planning when Blain is going to ask your dad for your hand in marriage.

(Ha! Blain! Honest. Made hubby do it, so I knew it was okay with Dad that I married him. Poor guy. He was a wreck for a week, only to hear Dad chuckle and say, "Hm. Didn't think anyone did that these days. Sure. Why not?" lol)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Blain,
That was so beautiful, (except furry stuffies beat Pichukas, unless you can buy one that IS furry. :p)

But, reality check time. Steph gets to make the big decisions on the wedding. The groom is just supposed to show up and make the bride cry at the altar by either the personal vow given or two words, "I do."

However, you both agree to where you go for the honeymoon. (I vote for you both getting on that train you took to see her the first time, but I get no vote on that.)
If they take the train they will need a sleeper car.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
hahahaha it makes my heart glad that everyone's like "MARRY HIM NOW" I am not financially stable, and Blain wouldn't be able to survive over here without his medications an I don't know what Arizona covers as far as disability. So even if we could go "LETS GET MARRIED AND MAYBE HAVE AN ACTUAL SERVICE LATER" I don't know if it would really benefit Blain.

Also, I have been told by many that during times of struggle it's not a good idea to make big decisions that don't need to be made yet. I don't think it would benefit my father either. Though I cannot deny in my heart I am like "DOOOOOO IIIIIIIIIIT." But I am also very impulsive.

R

renewed_hope

I know yall are crazy about each other and i dont want to drown your parade either. I am so very sorry to hear about your dad, that is devastating. However, after seeing someone rush and get married because her mom had stage 4 breast cancer. These two people loved each other like there was no tomorrow, but because they were in such a hurry the marriage didn't last. All i know is if they would have waited a little longer and allowed their love to mature a bit, it would have lasted. In the end it is between you and God and i just pray that you both allow him to control the future of your relationship rather than rely on your own fleshly desires

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
Keep working on your plans at the pace God sets for you and always confer with Him first. Jobs, disability, where to live all big things to consider and get worked out. So Steph - find out about Arizona disability and work on what needs to be worked out and keep on making your plans and take one day at a time.

Sorry to hear about your Dad and prayers for him and you guys. Marriage should be forever so keep on working your plans and finding out how to make things work for all of you. God's timing is always perfect I know as I waited for 35 years for my forever guy...

You two are so adorable and only want the very best for you both....Hugs... Blond Mom

D

Depleted

If they take the train they will need a sleeper car.
My grandfather's job was checking railroad tracks for smoothness. He got the caboose. I always wanted a cross-country ride in the caboose. Do they even make them anymore?

D

Depleted

hahahaha it makes my heart glad that everyone's like "MARRY HIM NOW" I am not financially stable, and Blain wouldn't be able to survive over here without his medications an I don't know what Arizona covers as far as disability. So even if we could go "LETS GET MARRIED AND MAYBE HAVE AN ACTUAL SERVICE LATER" I don't know if it would really benefit Blain.

Also, I have been told by many that during times of struggle it's not a good idea to make big decisions that don't need to be made yet. I don't think it would benefit my father either. Though I cannot deny in my heart I am like "DOOOOOO IIIIIIIIIIT." But I am also very impulsive.
SSD is a federally run program. Not state. We are free to move anywhere in the country. (Finding good doctors and getting your files to them is harder though.)

And I know the biggest hold up is both of you getting close enough together to actually see eachother often. Which requires some work, and a place to live. (Which requires enough money for the security deposit, first month's rent, and whatever else they tack on in the 21st century.) I really do get all that, and all that will take time. That's exactly why I'm saying do NOT put this off. All the logistics have to happen before the wedding, but if you both just wait around to see how your dad will do, that's all you're doing -- waiting around.

Don't wait for that. You've already got enough to do before you're in a position to get married, so get to that. Figure out how Blain moves close enough without having to pay an arm and a leg for rent, (any colleges nearby, because living near a college campus is pretty cheap. Noisy. Usually weird living arrangements. But pretty cheap), how he can work, how you can work, and how you can start combining together.

It's not time to pick out the outfit, but it's time to figure out how the two of you can find a place where you can join him after the wedding.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
I asked about the SSD and he's not sure. I'll look up the ones in Oklahoma. I just don't want to look these kinds of big deal thighs up without working with him on it though...

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
I asked about the SSD and he's not sure. I'll look up the ones in Oklahoma. I just don't want to look these kinds of big deal thighs up without working with him on it though...
It is definitely a two person job.... Blain could probably search out info on the computer in your area and also check out assisted housing since he is on disability. It is an exciting process....half the fun is in the planning the best fun is when the work of a plan comes together..... Invitation much appreciated down the road when you are ready....hugs...for both of ya.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I know exactly how stephanie feels about her heart saying marry him now! I feel the same way about her the more I imagine it and daydream having a life with her the more my heart races and my impulse to drop everything and go to her increases to a dangerous level.

However before marriage I want to be able to be with her for a couple of years at least I have seen all to often people rushing into marriage and it doesn't end well, I know my love for her real and is very strong but I still think it's wise to at least be able to see each other all the time and deepen the already deep love first. i never thought about assisted living homes I was looking up apartments and such but I never considered the homes. I also need to check what my disability check is I don't know if it would come with me or not

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
It is definitely a two person job.... Blain could probably search out info on the computer in your area and also check out assisted housing since he is on disability. It is an exciting process....half the fun is in the planning the best fun is when the work of a plan comes together..... Invitation much appreciated down the road when you are ready....hugs...for both of ya.
Oh believe me when the marriage happens I had already known I was going to invite you and tourist and also psychomom or as she is known now notmyown

Dec 13, 2016
So Blain and Stephanie met in CC and are now getting married?

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
So Blain and Stephanie met in CC and are now getting married?
asap
and this song is going to be played on our wedding day because it speaks deeper than any vows I could make to her

[video=youtube;lY0cdhDbmt0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY0cdhDbmt0[/video]

Dec 13, 2016
Perhaps we should crowdfund you, and then you can set up a Youtube channel and tell your stories

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
My grandfather's job was checking railroad tracks for smoothness. He got the caboose. I always wanted a cross-country ride in the caboose. Do they even make them anymore?
I used to live by railroad tracks. It was very busy with a train coming about every 90 minutes. Very fast and long. I haven't seen a caboose in 30 years. Sad.