Blaspheme of the Holy Spirit

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Is Joe guilty of blaspheme?

• Yes

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • It's not clear

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • It doesn't apply

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
In our Gospels the unpardonable sin against the Holy Spirit was committed by attributing Jesus' exorcisms to demonic power. But hw might that sin be committed today? In the NT church the sin was committed by refusing to acknowledge divinely sanctioned prophetic gifts (See Didache 11). Indeed, that was the unanimous interpretion of the sin in the first 2 centuries. So today so-called Christians who attribute the ecstatic spiritual gifts to Satan are in real danger of committing this sin!

I defy anyone to watch this video and attribute what is going on is from the Lord. Skip around. It only gets worse and there are tons more of this type of stuff you can see.

If you watch nothing else of it, watch the 10th minute

Apr 3, 2019
I defy anyone to watch this video and attribute what is going on is from the Lord. Skip around. It only gets worse and there are tons more of this type of stuff you can see.

Mass hysteria. What a disgrace.

E

eternally-gratefull

Be careful. You may commit that sin which can not be forgiven if you do not watch out!!

Mar 28, 2016
I am not worried about committing Blasphemy.

I KNOW the Power that enabled Yeshua was the Holy Spirit, like the Holy Spirit is our power. And I know it would be pure insanity to ever think the Holy Spirit is a part of the Adversary.

In fact, I have NEVER seen people trying to claim God's power is from the Adversary (which is Blaspheming the Holy Spirit by calling it the same and equal to the Adversary)...
The Holy Spirit is the power of God that works in us......….. but never is it of us in any way shape or form . It does not mean that we cannot be deceived and deny we have a new spirit as sinless all continue to fall short of the glory of god all the day of their lives of flesh. . But as Christians, Christ cannot deny if he has begun the good work of faith in us as a labor of his love he promises he will finish it till the last day or end of time.

I would offer. The power that enabled Yeshua is the power we have in us. The promised Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit confirming he is not a man or creation as us, forgave Peter's blasphemy which is likened to Plagiarism. stealing the authorship in respect to what the eyes see.

When Peter in Mathew 16: 22-23) was under the control of the father of lies (Satan the spirit of the antichrist). The evil spirit worked through Peter to blaspheme the name of the lord .This is when Peter forbid Christ from performing the work of the gospel. Peter was forgiven that which was against the Son of man, seen. It was the bases for that temporal time of forgiveness The Son of man, seen the Son of man disappears forgiveness is gone.

God refuses to except honor in respect to the corrupted things seen of this world. Even Jesus refused to be called good master as infallible fleshly interpreter set between the things of men and the things of God as a umpire.(daysman Job 9:32-33) But rather gave glory to the father not seen and said only God is good . Good would seem to be the holy unseen place of His glory reserved for the new incorruptible heaven and earth. . A good lesson on trying to keep the two separate. Faith and sight, things of God and those of men seen .A warning not to blaspheme as did Peter. That kind of forgiveness ended when the Son of man disappeared on his last day here.

Today there seems to be many who have no problem standing in that holy place or placing another person, seen as did Peter who was forgiven of blasphemy. That was still possible when the Son of man, Jesus was still here as a witness to the unseen eternal. If His presence did not leave the invisible representative the Holy Spirt could not come as the unseen glory of God. Never again would he cloth himself in the corrupted flesh for another outward demonstration of the work of his Spirit neither in this world, neither in the world to come. God is not a man as us.

Matthew 12:31-32 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and "blasphemy" shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the "Son of man", it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

7seasrekeyed

oh that's old stuff and does not really belong in a forum unless the topic is sensationalism and how to abuse the gifts and create a histrionic atmosphere

how about what scripture actually states?

we know Paul was correcting the behavior of the Corinthians and possibly even more concerning was the man who took his father's wife for his lover

sin is to be found everywhere and church is no exception

the abuse of anything is not the actual representation of the fact

that's why we need to understand what scripture actually states and avoid the sensationalism and also nullifying what is of God by providing youtube videos that are obviously NOT the work of God

this has been done over and over and nothing has changed

seems to me the actual challenge here, is to keep above board by not using abuse as any sort of proof of anything

you know, people have turned away from church in droves because of either boredom or constantly being told just about everything is a sin

the voice of reason still cries from the wilderness it seems ;)

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
oh that's old stuff and does not really belong in a forum unless the topic is sensationalism and how to abuse the gifts and create a histrionic atmosphere

how about what scripture actually states?

we know Paul was correcting the behavior of the Corinthians and possibly even more concerning was the man who took his father's wife for his lover

sin is to be found everywhere and church is no exception

the abuse of anything is not the actual representation of the fact

that's why we need to understand what scripture actually states and avoid the sensationalism and also nullifying what is of God by providing youtube videos that are obviously NOT the work of God

this has been done over and over and nothing has changed
Hey understand, I don't think the gifts have ceased, but Mr. Hermit said that to say this stuff is not from the lord, cause remember, these guys are supposedly exercising their gifts, comes close to blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

So I didn't bring it up. I'm just responding to the fact a BIG chunk of it is DEFINITELY NOT from the Lord. And there is PLENTY of even worse contemporary shenanigans in the guise of the Holy Spirit out there today.

7seasrekeyed

Hey understand, I don't think the gifts have ceased, but Mr. Hermit said that to say this stuff is not from the lord, cause remember, these guys are supposedly exercising their gifts, comes close to blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

So I didn't bring it up. I'm just responding to the fact a BIG chunk of it is DEFINITELY NOT from the Lord. And there is PLENTY of even worse contemporary shenanigans in the guise of the Holy Spirit out there today.

not sure what post of hermits you are referring to? are you sure he even means the type of histrionic behavior we see in these types of videos?

I sure know about the fake stuff. I was once dragged along to a church where 'anything went'

saw one man actually climbing a pole (roof support) in the church and everyone was just carrying on like they were on the bad end of an exposed electrical wire

I've seen alot but it just makes what is true stand out even more

a particular behavior I really don't like is when people line up to supposedly 'hear' a word from God from the preacher

I do believe sometimes someone might have something to pass on, but that type of atmosphere just begs for abuse IMO

I could go on...but I'm sure you get the picture LOL!

perhaps you could refer me to what hermit said?

obedienttogod

Jan 3, 2019
The Holy Spirit is the power of God that works in us......….. but never is it of us in any way shape or form . It does not mean that we cannot be deceived and deny we have a new spirit as sinless all continue to fall short of the glory of god all the day of their lives of flesh. . But as Christians, Christ cannot deny if he has begun the good work of faith in us as a labor of his love he promises he will finish it till the last day or end of time.

I would offer. The power that enabled Yeshua is the power we have in us. The promised Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit confirming he is not a man or creation as us, forgave Peter's blasphemy which is likened to Plagiarism. stealing the authorship in respect to what the eyes see.

When Peter in Mathew 16: 22-23) was under the control of the father of lies (Satan the spirit of the antichrist). The evil spirit worked through Peter to blaspheme the name of the lord .This is when Peter forbid Christ from performing the work of the gospel. Peter was forgiven that which was against the Son of man, seen. It was the bases for that temporal time of forgiveness The Son of man, seen the Son of man disappears forgiveness is gone.

God refuses to except honor in respect to the corrupted things seen of this world. Even Jesus refused to be called good master as infallible fleshly interpreter set between the things of men and the things of God as a umpire.(daysman Job 9:32-33) But rather gave glory to the father not seen and said only God is good . Good would seem to be the holy unseen place of His glory reserved for the new incorruptible heaven and earth. . A good lesson on trying to keep the two separate. Faith and sight, things of God and those of men seen .A warning not to blaspheme as did Peter. That kind of forgiveness ended when the Son of man disappeared on his last day here.

Today there seems to be many who have no problem standing in that holy place or placing another person, seen as did Peter who was forgiven of blasphemy. That was still possible when the Son of man, Jesus was still here as a witness to the unseen eternal. If His presence did not leave the invisible representative the Holy Spirt could not come as the unseen glory of God. Never again would he cloth himself in the corrupted flesh for another outward demonstration of the work of his Spirit neither in this world, neither in the world to come. God is not a man as us.

Matthew 12:31-32 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and "blasphemy" shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the "Son of man", it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Hmmmm, I keep rereading my response and don't see where I claimed the Holy Spirit is our (as in created by humans) power. I said, it's the Power by which Yeshua did His work and ministry, and since that SAME Holy Spirit lives within us, it's also our Power that God gives us.

Man, that is 2 of you putting words into my mouth or not getting the GIST of what I am saying.

You know why most people are defeated by the Adversary even with God on their side?
Because although they have BOOK SMARTS (Bible), they don't have a lick of COMMON SENSE to save em from stupid!!

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
not sure what post of hermits you are referring to? are you sure he even means the type of histrionic behavior we see in these types of videos?

I sure know about the fake stuff. I was once dragged along to a church where 'anything went'

saw one man actually climbing a pole (roof support) in the church and everyone was just carrying on like they were on the bad end of an exposed electrical wire

I've seen alot but it just makes what is true stand out even more

a particular behavior I really don't like is when people line up to supposedly 'hear' a word from God from the preacher

I do believe sometimes someone might have something to pass on, but that type of atmosphere just begs for abuse IMO

I could go on...but I'm sure you get the picture LOL!

perhaps you could refer me to what hermit said?
MadHermit
May 8, 201834112643
Today at 10:56 AM
"In our Gospels the unpardonable sin against the Holy Spirit was committed by attributing Jesus' exorcisms to demonic power. But hw might that sin be committed today? In the NT church the sin was committed by refusing to acknowledge divinely sanctioned prophetic gifts (See Didache 11). Indeed, that was the unanimous interpretion of the sin in the first 2 centuries. So today, so called Christians who attribute the ECSTATIC spiritual gifts to Satan are in real danger of committing this sin!"

So the people who en mass perform these types of behavior THINK they are exercising the gifts of the Holy Spirit. Mr. Hermit, as you can see above, says that if we attribute those "gifts" and that behavior to a DIFFERENT spirit we are in real danger of blaspheming the H. S.

Mar 28, 2016
Hmmmm, I keep rereading my response and don't see where I claimed the Holy Spirit is our (as in created by humans) power. I said, it's the Power by which Yeshua did His work and ministry, and since that SAME Holy Spirit lives within us, it's also our Power that God gives us.

Man, that is 2 of you putting words into my mouth or not getting the GIST of what I am saying.

You know why most people are defeated by the Adversary even with God on their side?
Because although they have BOOK SMARTS (Bible), they don't have a lick of COMMON SENSE to save em from stupid!!
Sorry about that confusion. I was not disagreement with your point. I was trying to say it in a different way as what not to do. Its what Peter did, assume he was a Divine authority as the Catholics make him out to be. .

obedienttogod

Jan 3, 2019

If the Spirit of God ever got ahold of most posters here, they would not have a CLUE to as what hit them!! I challenge ANYONE, ANY TIME, ANY PLACE, to get with TRUE HOLY SPIRIT filled people, and finally LOSE THEMSELVES, and see EXACTLY what God will do!!

The Hebrew slaves freed in the wilderness DANCED before God. And dancing was not exactly like it is today, back then. These were freed slaves hoopin and a hollarin. David was overcome with the Joy of God and danced basically in his boxer briefs and embarrassed his wife. All throughout the Book of Psalms reveals that if we saw DAVID do what he did then today, we would think he was possessed and needed padded walls.

I'm tired of hearing people limit God and what His POWER will do to us humans when we come into DIRECT CONTACT like a LIVEWIRE.

It took awhile but I finally figured it out. In God, I AM DEFINITELY FREER THAN MANY ON THIS FORUM!! GOD, has broken down my barriers, and now I realize how much time was wasted by caring WHAT MOST BELIEVERS AND DENOMINATIONS THINK.

Yeshua was called a HERETIC by the religious morons!!
Some of US are called possessed by the religious morons!!

Yeshua NEVER CARED what the religious morons thought and ENJOYED ripping them a new one!!
It's about time we also began DOING THE SAME to the religious NAYSAYERS of today!!

I AM FREE!!

ARE YOU?

Until you completely LOSE YOURSELF IN THE PRESENCE OF GOD, you will NEVER be FREE!!

obedienttogod

Jan 3, 2019
Sorry about that confusion. I was not disagreement with your point. I was trying to say it in a different way as what not to do. Its what Peter did, assume he was a Divine authority as the Catholics make him out to be. .

Thank You!!

I was beginning to worry!!

I do agree with what you posted. I just thought you might had felt I claimed the Holy Spirit was our own created Power. That saddened me, honestly!!

obedienttogod

Jan 3, 2019
Here is a challenge for EVERY POSTER HERE:

Listen to this song and tell me if you just feel like you want to explode. Heck, some of ya might even bounce your knee YOU DIGNIFIED BUFFOONS!!

I have jammed to this now 5 days straight playing it over and over.

I have cried, balled like a baby, sobbed, jumped around, yelled like a total fool, and i have not felt so ALIVE in such a LONG TIME I AIN'T GONNA LET ANYONE STEAL MY JOY!!

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Jesus' mission was to teach the disciples, so the healing that He did was for the disciples to believe that He is the Messiah and follow His teachings.

The disciples/Apostles mission was to establish the church. So the healing and other gifts were meant for the masses to believe that they are appointed of God and also to believe the message of the Gospel.

The 1st century church's mission was partly to establish the church with the help of the apostles through the gifts by learning from one another.

And that was the end of the missions and also gifts.

John 9:
1As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. 2His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”

3“Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him. 4As long as it is day, we must do the works of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work. 5While I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”
I can see why you are now disillusioned.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Blaspheming the spirit is to reject Christ. Nothing more nothing less. (Thats why the UNBELIEVERS will be condemned, because they died in the state of denial.

The people were rejecting Christ by claiming he did the power by Demons, Not by the HS. It has nothign to do with gifting or anything else. It is rejecting Christ.

Again, What if paul was there as saul. Did he not later get saved and write half the new testament.

To say the blasphemy of the spirit is anything else is to look outside scripture..

I understand trying to come up wiht ideas and things to support their belief, but there comes a time that when the idea they have is shown to NOT support what they think. (Like this one) it is time to find another example.
Look at the word despise EG.

obedienttogod

Jan 3, 2019
Here is a challenge for EVERY POSTER HERE:

Listen to this song and tell me if you just feel like you want to explode. Heck, some of ya might even bounce your knee YOU DIGNIFIED BUFFOONS!!

I have jammed to this now 5 days straight playing it over and over.

I have cried, balled like a baby, sobbed, jumped around, yelled like a total fool, and i have not felt so ALIVE in such a LONG TIME I AIN'T GONNA LET ANYONE STEAL MY JOY!!

Ain't No Grave

Oh, shame is a prison as cruel as a grave
Shame is a robber and he's come to take my name
Oh, love is my redeemer, lifting me up from the ground
Love is the power when my freedom song is found

Oh, shame is a prison as cruel as a grave
Shame is a robber and he's come to take my name
Oh, love is my redeemer, lifting me up from the ground
Love is the power when my freedom song is found

There ain't no grave
Gonna hold my body down
There ain't no grave
Gonna hold my body down
When I hear that trumpet sound
I'm gonna rise up outta the ground
There ain't no grave
Gonna hold my body down

Oh, fear is a liar with a smooth and velvet tongue
Fear is a tyrant, he's always telling me to run
Oh, love is a resurrection and love is a trumpet sound
Love is my weapon, I'm gonna take my giants down

There ain't no grave
Gonna hold my body down
There ain't no grave
Gonna hold my body down
And when I hear that trumpet sound
There ain't no grave
Gonna hold my body down

Oh, there was a battle, a war between death and life
And there on a tree, the Lamb of God was crucified
And He went on down to hell, He took back every key
He rose up as a lion and He set all captives free

There ain't no grave
Could hold His body down
There ain't no grave
Could hold His body down
When He heard the trumpet sound
He rose up outta the ground
There ain't no grave
Could hold His body down
There ain't no grave
Could hold His body down
There ain't no grave
Could hold my body down
There ain't no grave
Could hold my body down

Oh, if You walked out of the grave, I'm walking too
If You walked out of the grave, I'm walking too
Gonna sing about it, yeah
I'm gonna meet Jesus
Oh, if You walked out of the grave, I'm walking too

There ain't no grave
Gonna hold my body down
There ain't no grave
Gonna hold my body down
And when I hear that trumpet sound
There ain't no grave
Gonna hold my body down
There ain't no grave
Gonna hold my body down
There ain't no grave
Gonna hold my body down

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Blaspheming the spirit is to reject Christ. Nothing more nothing less. (Thats why the UNBELIEVERS will be condemned, because they died in the state of denial.

The people were rejecting Christ by claiming he did the power by Demons, Not by the HS. It has nothign to do with gifting or anything else. It is rejecting Christ.

Again, What if paul was there as saul. Did he not later get saved and write half the new testament.

To say the blasphemy of the spirit is anything else is to look outside scripture..

I understand trying to come up wiht ideas and things to support their belief, but there comes a time that when the idea they have is shown to NOT support what they think. (Like this one) it is time to find another example.
28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:

29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:

30 Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

What I was referring to is out of these scriptures. We can speak blasphemies but only one is unforgivable.

I think most all of us have been guilty of this. ( minimizing) Paul said he didn't minister by speech, but by the demonstration of power. Not saying he didn't teach, but his teachings were approved by the Lord with the signs that followed.

Does this help to understand? I was in a bit of a hurry earlier.

E

eternally-gratefull

28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:

29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:

30 Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

What I was referring to is out of these scriptures. We can speak blasphemies but only one is unforgivable.

I think most all of us have been guilty of this. ( minimizing) Paul said he didn't minister by speech, but by the demonstration of power. Not saying he didn't teach, but his teachings were approved by the Lord with the signs that followed.

Does this help to understand? I was in a bit of a hurry earlier.
I think.

I am talking about this thread, Not all blasphemies

The OP of this thread made a statement that whoever THINKS ALL tongues are denomic has commited the one blasphemy that is unforgivable.

Is this true, If I think ALL tongues are demonic. Am I doomed to hell forever with no hope of salvation, even if I repented later and believed that some tongues are valid?