Born Again Speaking in Tongues

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Our flesh hinders us greatly. It doesn’t want us to be free and receive the fruit and gifts of the Holy Spirit.

Our flesh interferes with us receiving by human reasoning instead of trusting God’s love for us. Our flesh doubts what God has for us and reasons with itself whether or not we need the fruit or gifts of the Holy Spirit.

Well, we need to tell our flesh to get back on the cross and die because we’re born again of water and spirit - NOT flesh.

It’s a choice.... it’s ALWAYS a choice..

I choose whatever my Father in heaven desires to give me because I trust His love for me and I receive all He has for me, in the Name of Yeshua/Jesus, amen.

It’s simple - just trust His love for you and receive.
Quite the opposite is true. The flesh hates discipline and structure. The word admonishes us to study that we might rightly divide the word that we need not be ashamed. The flesh says lets do what seems good and what is entertaining. The flesh turns away from holiness and lends itself to lasciviousness.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Mar 28, 2016
Being born again, as Yeshua/Jesus explained it to Nicodemus, is absolutely wonderful!

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
John 3:3-6 - https://www.biblegateway.com/passage?search=John 3:3-6&version=KJV

Speaking in tongues is one of nine gifts that the Holy Spirit gives in accordance to the Father’s Will. It’s a beautiful gift from a beautiful loving Father - if you have this gift, rejoice and praise the Giver!

Do NOT speak against the gift of tongues because it is NOT the gift but, The Giver that you speak against. I highly advise that you do not speak so.

Paul NEVER spoke against The Giver, nor the gift - Paul spoke against the MISUSE of the gift of tongues.

Be at peace, be open to receive whatever the Father chooses to give you through His Holy Spirit. Father knows best and every good and perfect gift comes from Him. :love:(y)
I would offer to begin with .it must be shown that the idea of sign gifts is even possible. The Bible does not use the two words sign and gift working together to create one doctrine.

It’s not speaking against the gift hearing God (prophecy. But it does reveal the sign of rebellion. Tongues is simply prophecy . . .the declared or revealed will of God and not an unknown wonderment that must be seen of men making sounds without meaning. That person has received their reward of walking after the things seen the temporal. No faith needed.

The promised sign that God is bringing his clear understanding to all nations. Therefore, no longer in the Hebrew tongues alone .unbelievers who in a false zeal made the word of God to no effect by the oral traditions of men.

The sign is against the unbelieving Jew who refuses to hear prophecy alone the tongue of God. God mocking those who mock him. It is used to represent rebellion against God’

Once a person confirms who and what the sign is against (not support). Then the rest of doctrine which has its roots as a law in Isaiah 28 falls into place. Most by pass the foundation as a law and fall backward .

In the law (Isaiah 28) it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord.Wherefore tongues are for a sign, “not to them that believe”, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.1 Corinthians 14:21-22

From my experience it’s a place where wonderment becomes the gospel of those who look for “sign gifts” .Again (no such thing the two words are not shown working together to form a doctrine) Spiritual gift not seen, yes .

Sign gifts seen are for those who do not walk by faith the unseen eternal They are the ones that made Jesus into a circus seal. . . us a "ign gift"then we will believe.

Like who needs faith the unseen will revealed. Rather than instant gratitude self-edifying wonders

John 4:48Then said Jesus unto him, Except ye see signs and wonders, ye will not believe.

John 6:30They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I would offer to begin with .it must be shown that the idea of sign gifts is even possible. The Bible does not use the two words sign and gift working together to create one doctrine.

It’s not speaking against the gift hearing God (prophecy. But it does reveal the sign of rebellion. Tongues is simply prophecy . . .the declared or revealed will of God and not an unknown wonderment that must be seen of men making sounds without meaning. That person has received their reward of walking after the things seen the temporal. No faith needed.

The promised sign that God is bringing his clear understanding to all nations. Therefore, no longer in the Hebrew tongues alone .unbelievers who in a false zeal made the word of God to no effect by the oral traditions of men.

The sign is against the unbelieving Jew who refuses to hear prophecy alone the tongue of God. God mocking those who mock him. It is used to represent rebellion against God’

Once a person confirms who and what the sign is against (not support). Then the rest of doctrine which has its roots as a law in Isaiah 28 falls into place. Most by pass the foundation as a law and fall backward .

In the law (Isaiah 28) it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord.Wherefore tongues are for a sign, “not to them that believe”, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.1 Corinthians 14:21-22

From my experience it’s a place where wonderment becomes the gospel of those who look for “sign gifts” .Again (no such thing the two words are not shown working together to form a doctrine) Spiritual gift not seen, yes .

Sign gifts seen are for those who do not walk by faith the unseen eternal They are the ones that made Jesus into a circus seal. . . us a "ign gift"then we will believe.

Like who needs faith the unseen will revealed. Rather than instant gratitude self-edifying wonders

John 4:48Then said Jesus unto him, Except ye see signs and wonders, ye will not believe.

John 6:30They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work?
Lafftur said nothing about "sign gifts", so there is no reason to respond to her with a rant on the subject.

Tongues and prophecy are both called "signs" and "gifts" in Scripture.

Your view on tongues merely being prophecy is self-contradicting.

Mar 28, 2016
Lafftur said nothing about "sign gifts", so there is no reason to respond to her with a rant on the subject.

Tongues and prophecy are both called "signs" and "gifts" in Scripture.

Your view on tongues merely being prophecy is self-contradicting.
Your view on tongues as unknown wonderment, to be seen of men… just make a noise and fall backward is self-contradicting.

Making the tongue of God prophecy without effect. Still waiting for you to decide. What does the sign confirm according to the law? belief or unbeleif?

Tongues as prophecy. Not tongues and prophecy. No such thing as a “sign gift.”to be seen of men the self-edifying that keeps on giving wonderments or mysteries with no understanding. To give some sort of pick me up after a person falls backward slain by the judgement of God. They have their side show reward in the signs and wonders hall of fame.

Sep 2, 2019
Hi guys,

The following is an excellent read regarding the 'Dunamis' of God.

The author (QLD, Oz) was a missionary to many parts of the world.

Happy reading :)(y):coffee:

Attachments

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
Hi guys,

The following is an excellent read regarding the 'Dunamis' of God.

The author (QLD, Oz) was a missionary to many parts of the world.

Happy reading :)(y):coffee:
Well, page 180 ff claimes that speaking in other tongues is an initial expressing of been baptised with the Holy Spirit.
If this so then you cant find christians before 1900 f.e. in australia ore in germany. Bevsuse this was not taught and practised.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Not all who believe speak in tongues, not all are healers, not all are teachers, not all are workers of miracles, and on and so forth………………..The foot is not the arm, and so it goes. There have always been those who believe Yeshua, Jesus......

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Not all who believe speak in tongues, not all are healers, not all are teachers, not all are workers of miracles, and on and so forth………………..The foot is not the arm, and so it goes. There have always been those who believe Yeshua, Jesus......
Correct. So why is this concept so difficult to grasp by some Christians?

It all began with the false doctrine that speaking in tongues is EVIDENCE of the fulness of the Holy Spirit. If that were true then John the Baptist and Jesus would be excluded, not to mention countless Christians who have never spoken in tongues.

Mar 28, 2016
Tongues is prophecy the word of God nothing more and nothing less .No such thing as a outward sign as a gift. Spiritual gifts not seen yes.

The new tongue is of all believers, with there new tongue the gospel they will cast our demons .

Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Every believer as a new creature speaks new tongues, the gospel the language of God.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Tongues is prophecy the word of God nothing more and nothing less .No such thing as a outward sign as a gift. Spiritual gifts not seen yes.

The new tongue is of all believers, with there new tongue the gospel they will cast our demons .

Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Every believer as a new creature speaks new tongues, the gospel the language of God.
So be it unto you, garee according to your faith.

How ever the Holy Spirit empowers you to be a witness of Yeshua/Jesus in the Earth, so be it according to the Father’s Will. :love:(y)

Mar 28, 2016
So be it unto you, garee according to your faith.

How ever the Holy Spirit empowers you to be a witness of Yeshua/Jesus in the Earth, so be it according to the Father’s Will. :love:(y)
Yes the faith of the Father that comes from hearing God . We protect and guard it as it is written , it defends the will of the father. We put it on as Armor. Tongues the word of God is prophecy . Why would we make it into a unknown wonderment ?

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Yes the faith of the Father that comes from hearing God . We protect and guard it as it is written , it defends the will of the father. We put it on as Armor. Tongues the word of God is prophecy . Why would we make it into a unknown wonderment ?
Father’s Will be done, in the Name of Yeshua/Jesus.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Tongues is not only prophecy, it is also the Holy Spirit helping us to give holy utterance to our Father. Again, not all speak in tongues, so there really should never be a problem in recognizing it existence. That is, unless someone is jealous, then that someone should pray on it, and be blessed from all fromthe heart in Jesus, Yeshua.

Mar 28, 2016
Tongues is not only prophecy, it is also the Holy Spirit helping us to give holy utterance to our Father. Again, not all speak in tongues, so there really should never be a problem in recognizing it existence. That is, unless someone is jealous, then that someone should pray on it, and be blessed from all fromthe heart in Jesus, Yeshua.
Tongues is prophecy. The Holy Spirit helping us to giving holy utterance from our Father who knows what we need before we ask Him... in a clear language. . not a unknown wonderment in order to self edify oneself..

Look for the understanding of the sign in respect to the law (Isaiah 28) referenced in 1 Corinthians 14: 22 -23 . It reveals those who do not believe prophecy, the tongue of God and then the rest of the doctrine falls into place.

Many will be surprised in so much as there is no things as a "sign gift" .The two words are not used together to form a doctrine.

Spiritual gift not seen yes. Sign gift sign are for those who rebel against prophecy.

In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord. Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe. 1Corinthians 14; 21 22

The sign is clearly against those who seek the authority of a unknown wonderment rather than prophecy the will of God.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Ís it not written that when we are praying and our heart and soul give out with a sigh that is understood to be the Holy Spisrit interceding for our lack of words to parise our Maker?

It is true prophecy is not simply uttering predicitions of themovement of our FAther's will it is also our worship and praise of Him. In the latter it is correct that tongues is prophecy, but most here think in terms of the first ciete d explanation.

I will not pursue any contention on the words and their definitions for obvious reasons…......

Mar 28, 2016
Ís it not written that when we are praying and our heart and soul give out with a sigh that is understood to be the Holy Spisrit interceding for our lack of words to parise our Maker?

It is true prophecy is not simply uttering predicitions of themovement of our FAther's will it is also our worship and praise of Him. In the latter it is correct that tongues is prophecy, but most here think in terms of the first ciete d explanation.

I will not pursue any contention on the words and their definitions for obvious reasons…......
Hi thanks for the reply .

Yes our sighs are the working of the father giving us the desires of our new hearts as we grow. . We should do so without murmuring a sign of relief, or a sigh sorrow, weariness.

For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Do all things without murmurings and disputings:philipian2:13-14

So then its not so much that we are not to cry out in repetition with sounds with meaningful words .We are to pray without ceasing in that way . Repetition of its self is not vain just empty words they are vain

But with vain sounds. That would be a pagan foundation of self edifying. . . confirming they made a wonderment sound

But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him. Mathew 6: 7-8

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
In Revelation we are taught that all who say Jesus, Yeshua, is Lord are only graced to know and say this by the "spirit of prophecy." Prophecy is surprising, but quite normal to us'in. God bless you ...