Both the Misogynist and Feminist mindsets corrupt our call to love and to serve...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I had to share again, because I see the sexist attitudes running a muck again. I hope you all don't mind. Thank you for reading...

I reckon this has been and will continue to be an issue amongst genders since that proverbial bite was taken. I see it everywhere, and it starts when we are young and seems to continue all the way to death. You see it on the playground, you see it in locker room settings, you see it in relationships, everywhere we go there are prejudices and generalizations. While some notions possess truth, the conclusions drawn for an entire gender can be destructive and toxic.

Sure, we have different roles, different predominant hormones, as well as varying characteristics. The natural qualities that may be inherent to most men give them their strengths, and with women the same is true. We also each have weaknesses that can benefit from the balance the other can provide.

Sure, as children we are learning how to be, and as we grow some take much longer, even half their lives or more coming to realize what being a quality man or woman of valor really looks like, as well as the value of that heightened condition in the first place.

We all know that my point is going to lead to what it takes to be a woman or man of God. I am not going to pitch myself nice and tidy on a throne of self righteousness. I fall short plenty. I never considered myself a woman of class, not until I realized who I belong to. I would like to present that while our roles are different, we all would serve each other and ourselves by remembering the positional core of integrity, of love and respect, should be exactly the same; our end goal, regardless, should be to bring Glory and Honor to our Lord and Saviour.

Not only should this drive our desire to step up to the plate in a manner that edifies, but also to think in a manner and treat each other in a way that pleases our God.

Feminism and misogyny are to me destructive responses to a system of poor behavior and established thoughts of the “it is us against them” mentality. Sure, I understand how these standards and ideas evolved and why people feel it necessary to grow and or protect our rights as a group and individually.

But as I see many men, including Christian ones, have what seem to be a contempt for women, and woman possessing a fairly unattractive opinions of their opposite sex, I want to scratch my head in frustration.

We all need to serve one another, work together, love one another. Do what we are called to do, prizing the gifts we are given in one another. Let us show integrity and strength of character regardless our biological differences. I am not suggesting gender neutrality. I really appreciate His awesome design. I think a man of God is one to be respected and a woman of God to be adored. Actually, young, old, male or woman, no matter anything, let's not put forth treatment and frames of mind that stumble our growth as a society, as brothers and sisters, and as individuals.

Now here is where it gets tricky…

If we find ourselves dealing with someone who seems to have put us in a unbecoming box, let's make sure we try harder for ourselves and our loves to just smile, and be who we are called to be, merciful, even noble. We gain nothing in trying to alter a narrow mind by seeking to rearrange their perceptions through verbal discourse (like I am doing now, lol). It isn't them we need to change. Our own actions, our own thoughts, they need to be so full of genuine substance and grace that maybe others will see the truth of what He says… In Him, there is no difference...In Him, we are all the same.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I certainly believe the title of the OP saysm it all. God bless you ...j

Nov 26, 2012
I certainly believe the title of the OP saysm it all. God bless you ...j
I don’t think that anyone could disagree with the title. Here’s where we get into the meat of the issue. I believe that it is a circle. I think that failure to serve, birthed feminism and misogyny. From there it fed on eachother. Instead of embracing the strengths of self and celebrating the strengths of others, our lack of appreciation for individual giftedness caused competition where God intended aliance. Although men think the efforts of their hands build a greater tomorrow but it isn’t. It is the passing on of ideas and integrity to the next generation that empowers them to build a greater tomorrow. Instead of laying a foundation and preparing the bricks and mortar, both essential for structure, we chose to make a generation of bricks. There is nothing to fill the gaps, giving solidification. Men are competitive by nature, as God designed. The greater the competitor, the more testosterone released, causing aggression and violence. Today’s woman has placed herself in opposition against man for position in society and often the home. This is the cause of misogyny. Not only is this destructive immediately, but boys and girls have no role model. They have no gender specification to emulate. Our sexuality ties to our identity. In the animal kingdom, weaker, lesser than alpha males, are not awarded copulatory rights. Therefore species stay strong. Our society celebrates homosexuality and further blends the gender roles. Is it no surprise that the Goat of Mendes, Satanic symbol is a hermaphrodite.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Man has collectively destroyed since Adam...……...

This world has always been decadent and is now almost totally decayed due to the works of it inhabitants.

Even those who do not wish to destroy or help the decay along still help it along………..this age is bound to decay with all destined for the fire enxt time.

All that will remain will be glorious because what remains will be all in the Holy Spirit taken to be with the Eternal eternally, and this is good news, not bad.

J

jaybird88

a woman was good enough to serve as a witness when Jesus was dedicated in the temple. im sure in those days there were more men serving in the temple than women, it would have been much easier to have got two men for the two witnesses, but rather they chose to have one man, one women.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
a woman was good enough to serve as a witness when Jesus was dedicated in the temple. im sure in those days there were more men serving in the temple than women, it would have been much easier to have got two men for the two witnesses, but rather they chose to have one man, one women.
I never, not once fully read Luke 2:36-38. I never looked at it that way. Thank you so very much. I had to find it and look at what you said again, wow. Very well received.

Davenport

Oct 22, 2018
Misogyny has no acceptance in our society, and is only seen by those using sexist imagination. But, "feminism" is an euphemism for the deeply entrenched social attitudes and open practice of misandry. Feminism is hatred of males.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Misogyny has no acceptance in our society, and is only seen by those using sexist imagination. But, "feminism" is an euphemism for the deeply entrenched social attitudes and open practice of misandry. Feminism is hatred of males.
I think misogyny is hatred of females. Both genders are guilty of toxic attitudes in my mind. What you claimed is true for misogyny is also true of feminism, both unhealthy, in my humble opinion. Thank you for your intelligent response. I can't help but learn a thing or two, while still holding to my truths, lol. How is that for compromise?

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
Are not both extremes formed in pain and ignorance? A shallow vise to not address deeper emotions buried beneath a mask? Its superficial. A front, a painted red door upon a house that is rotting, cobwebs being the reminder that life was once here.

They are hurt.

None of this should dismiss the discussion on roles, however. Roles themselves come from a place of subservience, not of an oppressive manner, but a giving of self mutually in betterment to the whole. That is, family. Our role then is to love, and if that role is to wash the dishes, take care of laundry, or cook dinner, then do we not out of our heart do so? Each act as an expression of gratitude, or honor, that God would give us the ability to care for another, and to mold our children into their God-given destinies. That He would allow us, to be shining examples of righteousness through the bonds of marriage and unity.

Now this may all seem glorified, bubbly, and hopeful. Naive, even. Yet, what role would you not take for the ones you loved, or do love? Find what works, a balance, a place of unity. A humble spirit indeed.

Dec 12, 2013
God gave order to his creation......We see order and a command structure within the kingdom of heaven, the ranks of the angels, the ranks of the fallen angels and even upon the earth among men......the problem arises when SOME or ALL participants desire to rise above their God given position and or equate it to something that God never intended it to be.....the bible is clear when it comes to the roles fulfilled by men, women, children and even the animals.......

To me, the failure to follow this ORDER is just another rebellion in the long list of rebellions that are playing out upon this earth both amongst believers and unbelievers alike......

I hope ALL can see the truth in my post.

Davenport

Oct 22, 2018
I think misogyny is hatred of females. Both genders are guilty of toxic attitudes in my mind. What you claimed is true for misogyny is also true of feminism, both unhealthy, in my humble opinion. Thank you for your intelligent response. I can't help but learn a thing or two, while still holding to my truths, lol. How is that for compromise?
Misandry is not misogyny. If he lived in a misogynistic society, you wouldn't have misread what I posted. Society (Democrats) are so busy hating men, and falsely accusing men of hate, that you hear the term misogyny frequently, but not the term I used.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
I'm just here to say the title is too long and has too many big words.

it's making me feel disenfranchised and discriminated.

---

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
God gave order to his creation......We see order and a command structure within the kingdom of heaven, the ranks of the angels, the ranks of the fallen angels and even upon the earth among men......the problem arises when SOME or ALL participants desire to rise above their God given position and or equate it to something that God never intended it to be.....the bible is clear when it comes to the roles fulfilled by men, women, children and even the animals.......

To me, the failure to follow this ORDER is just another rebellion in the long list of rebellions that are playing out upon this earth both amongst believers and unbelievers alike......

I hope ALL can see the truth in my post.
I certainly can

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Are not both extremes formed in pain and ignorance? A shallow vise to not address deeper emotions buried beneath a mask? Its superficial. A front, a painted red door upon a house that is rotting, cobwebs being the reminder that life was once here.

They are hurt.

None of this should dismiss the discussion on roles, however. Roles themselves come from a place of subservience, not of an oppressive manner, but a giving of self mutually in betterment to the whole. That is, family. Our role then is to love, and if that role is to wash the dishes, take care of laundry, or cook dinner, then do we not out of our heart do so? Each act as an expression of gratitude, or honor, that God would give us the ability to care for another, and to mold our children into their God-given destinies. That He would allow us, to be shining examples of righteousness through the bonds of marriage and unity.

Now this may all seem glorified, bubbly, and hopeful. Naive, even. Yet, what role would you not take for the ones you loved, or do love? Find what works, a balance, a place of unity. A humble spirit indeed.
I appreciate the way you think.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Misandry is not misogyny. If he lived in a misogynistic society, you wouldn't have misread what I posted. Society (Democrats) are so busy hating men, and falsely accusing men of hate, that you hear the term misogyny frequently, but not the term I used.
What was my post about? Did you read it? Did you respond to it, comparing Misogyny, your ideas of it, with Feminism, and your ideas of it. Your
comments proves my point, thank you for demonstrating examples of the destructive mindsets, driving my point home.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Several decades ago I was made to feel bad for saying the "wrong word." I addressed a coupld of ladies as ladies.. Immediately I was rebuked for not calling them women. For a moment I felt bed but then I relized they were being just a bit on the thin-sknned side.

I informed them that in my house to address a woman as a lady is the highest of compliments one could employ and I cannot apologize for honoring my parents and family by continuing such.

They would have none of it...……...I still belive calling a female a lady is a good thing…..perhaps I am just wicked?

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Several decades ago I was made to feel bad for saying the "wrong word." I addressed a coupld of ladies as ladies.. Immediately I was rebuked for not calling them women. For a moment I felt bed but then I relized they were being just a bit on the thin-sknned side.

I informed them that in my house to address a woman as a lady is the highest of compliments one could employ and I cannot apologize for honoring my parents and family by continuing such.

They would have none of it...……...I still belive calling a female a lady is a good thing…..perhaps I am just wicked?
That is bazaar to me. I agree, a respectful reference, that shows regard and honor. It is silly because a gentleman is a good thing to be, a man of valor, just as a lady exemplifies a woman of valor. Hmmm, interesting. On behalf of most women out there, thank you for your mindset, it is refreshing.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
I think misogyny and feminism are the result of the perverted love that exists in our modern world. It is very hard for a woman to be submissive to someone that does not love her more than himself. At some point she must look to her own needs if nobody else will.

Eventually she gets to where she no longer trusts or needs a man. They can be deemed feminist at that point. In turn every feminist seems to set up a series of misogynist. A man that truly loves and bonds with his mate is going to create an atmosphere where trust and love can grow. So much gets in the way of that: Provocative ads and movies try to turn a man's or woman's emotions away from faithfulness. :cautious:

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I think misogyny and feminism are the result of the perverted love that exists in our modern world. It is very hard for a woman to be submissive to someone that does not love her more than himself. At some point she must look to her own needs if nobody else will.

Eventually she gets to where she no longer trusts or needs a man. They can be deemed feminist at that point. In turn every feminist seems to set up a series of misogynist. A man that truly loves and bonds with his mate is going to create an atmosphere where trust and love can grow. So much gets in the way of that: Provocative ads and movies try to turn a man's or woman's emotions away from faithfulness. :cautious:
You are soooo spot on!!! 1000 yeses.