Bringing things to light

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I want to know if I can send prayers to my mum

YES, you can send prayers to God for your mom.

What's this got to do with Purgatory?

Ask clear questions and get clear answers. Ask confusing questions, get confusing answers or a non answer.

For example.

Can i get more information about HOW prayers for the dead are justified in your church?
YES. Take a look here: https://www.saintjohnchurch.org/prayer-for-the-dead/

Does the Orthodox Church believe in the Purgatory? NO!
That's for Catholics.

In the church we have a service where we pray for the dead. Find an orthodox church near you so you can find out more and ask a priest to put your mother's name if you'd like.
OR, skip the priest altogether and pray to God from your heart about your mother so God can comfort her and so God can keep her and forgive her. Ask God to even give you a sign that your mom is okay.

Again, ask clear questions.
 
I've answered your question in understanding purgatory thread,

If you wish not to accept my answer than dont,

I've told you The authority of Christ is stripped away from catholics with the purgatory belief they have.
I want to get the bottom of the true meaning of purification

That is all.

I want to know if I can send prayers to my mum
Excuse me I asked YOU sir, do you believe Jesus is the Final Authority when Speaking in Context to the Church yes or no.
 
ok well if purgatory proves that Catholics are preaching human free will can decide the final decision of salvation in purgatory, which they are preaching this, if you watch the Catholic sermon I posted in the understanding purgatory thread,

Then why is there free will herecy allowed to call people Calvinistic pigs here all the time
IF you are holding tomthe teaching of the RCC which you say you are not. Your Post is dishonest.
 
Martin Luther also excluded many NT books which most evangelicals now accept as inspired. He did so whenever he thought certain NT writings did not adequately reinforce His belief in what came to be called "Reformed Theology" or "Augustininanism" For instance,
Luther removed seven entire books and parts of three others from it for no other reason than that they didn’t fit his idea of “what God really wanted.” Luther claimed they celebrated Judaism and because he wanted to justify his challenging the authority of the Catholic Church, he threw them out. As a result, the modern "Protestant Bible" consists of only 66 books ― 39 books in the Old Testament and 27 books in the New Testament.

In his German Bible, Luther actually included a PREFACE to each NT book, rating them according to how closely they agreed with His doctrines. When I read these prefaces for myself it was evident to me that Luther regarded himself as a class A scholar and linguist eminently qualified to make such sweeping decisions even when the book had long been accepted and embraced as authentic and Apostolic by the early Church. Luther was prideful and arrogant and reacted strongly and emotionally to any challenge of his conclusions even by those like Erasmus who knew far more about the koine Greek than he did.
 
Martin Luther also excluded many NT books which most evangelicals now accept as inspired. He did so whenever he thought certain NT writings did not adequately reinforce His belief in what came to be called "Reformed Theology" or "Augustininanism" For instance,
Luther removed seven entire books and parts of three others from it for no other reason than that they didn’t fit his idea of “what God really wanted.” Luther claimed they celebrated Judaism and because he wanted to justify his challenging the authority of the Catholic Church, he threw them out. As a result, the modern "Protestant Bible" consists of only 66 books ― 39 books in the Old Testament and 27 books in the New Testament.

In his German Bible, Luther actually included a PREFACE to each NT book, rating them according to how closely they agreed with His doctrines. When I read these prefaces for myself it was evident to me that Luther regarded himself as a class A scholar and linguist eminently qualified to make such sweeping decisions even when the book had long been accepted and embraced as authentic and Apostolic by the early Church. Luther was prideful and arrogant and reacted strongly and emotionally to any challenge of his conclusions even by those like Erasmus who knew far more about the koine Greek than he did.


that is not correct Liberal Theologians who do not believe the bible is the word of God but "Contains it." Have removed the Foundational Truth on which all Scriptures are built on. That is the Person of Christ from Gen to Rev. That is what makes the bible the bible. That is why the 66 books read as one the others (ones left out) do not meet this Standard.

Bible was assembled by St. Jerome a round A.D. 400. This manuscript included all 39 books of the Old Testament and 27 books of the New Testament in the same language: Latin. Martin Luther did not removal anything.
 
Excuse me I asked YOU sir, do you believe Jesus is the Final Authority when Speaking in Context to the Church yes or no.
excuse sir I've answered.

Jesus has the authority over salvation, he holds the keys, not Catholic free will

Revalation 3:7

Jesus is the ultimate authority
 
When we talk about bringing things to light, is it better to leave things in darkness or bring the darkness to the light.

Does the light bring it's self to the darkness

So when we talk about removing books out of the Catholic bible, are we removing something that should be seen in light.


You state you have no Idea what I am talking about. Here in your post. What is the opening comment you have made and your qestion?

you said in post #5:

"The catholics belief centres something around, alot of people do t even think the apostles had any authority, which is aiming to belief that relatives of the apostles such as the cousin of John and there ancestors, qualify them as having authority, and there word should be seen as the inspired word of God. or something like that, I'll check it out later if I've not missed something out."

i asked you if you are RCC in post #8

you said in post #10

"In a theological sense I could be, but in a grounded upbringing nope,"

"Never seen a Catholic bible in my life."


Either you are not wiling to admit you are RCC and hold to their teaching or you are not. But you have RCC talking points which lead me to believe you are RCC but not willing to say so. That is Dishonest.
 
YES, you can send prayers to God for your mom.

What's this got to do with Purgatory?

Ask clear questions and get clear answers. Ask confusing questions, get confusing answers or a non answer.

For example.

Can i get more information about HOW prayers for the dead are justified in your church?
YES. Take a look here: https://www.saintjohnchurch.org/prayer-for-the-dead/

Does the Orthodox Church believe in the Purgatory? NO!
That's for Catholics.

In the church we have a service where we pray for the dead. Find an orthodox church near you so you can find out more and ask a priest to put your mother's name if you'd like.
OR, skip the priest altogether and pray to God from your heart about your mother so God can comfort her and so God can keep her and forgive her. Ask God to even give you a sign that your mom is okay.

Again, ask clear questions.
excuse me but don't make an argument out of my mum.

Praying and asking God if I can hear from my mum, is something really not really rested to this topic.

I mentioned it because people are saying praying to dead is bad
 
  • Like
Reactions: Eli1
that is not correct Liberal Theologians who do not believe the bible is the word of God but "Contains it." Have removed the Foundational Truth on which all Scriptures are built on. That is the Person of Christ from Gen to Rev. That is what makes the bible the bible. That is why the 66 books read as one the others (ones left out) do not meet this Standard.

Bible was assembled by St. Jerome a round A.D. 400. This manuscript included all 39 books of the Old Testament and 27 books of the New Testament in the same language: Latin. Martin Luther did not removal anything.

Luther was not in any position to remove parts of Jerome's LATIN Bible which had been around since the 5th Century. However, since most people could not read Latin. Luther translated the Bible into German. My remarks were about how a leader in the Reformed movement altered the meaning of the original text to suit their doctrine.
 
excuse sir I've answered.

Jesus has the authority over salvation, he holds the keys, not Catholic free will

Revalation 3:7

Jesus is the ultimate authority
Then why are you pushing RCC Garage ? And Jesus is the Final Authority of the Church which clearly you do not believe. You limited The Lord in your statement.
 
You state you have no Idea what I am talking about. Here in your post. What is the opening comment you have made and your qestion?

you said in post #5:

"The catholics belief centres something around, alot of people do t even think the apostles had any authority, which is aiming to belief that relatives of the apostles such as the cousin of John and there ancestors, qualify them as having authority, and there word should be seen as the inspired word of God. or something like that, I'll check it out later if I've not missed something out."

i asked you if you are RCC in post #8

you said in post #10

"In a theological sense I could be, but in a grounded upbringing nope,"

"Never seen a Catholic bible in my life."

Either you are not wiling to admit you are RCC and hold to their teaching or you are not. But you have RCC talking points which lead me to believe you are RCC but not willing to say so. That is Dishonest.
again RCC free will heresy is calling people Calvinistic pigs here all the time.

So I want this addressing.

Not your ideas you have of Me
 
Luther was not in any position to remove parts of Jerome's LATIN Bible which had been around since the 5th Century. However, since most people could not read Latin. Luther translated the Bible into German. My remarks were about how a leader in the Reformed movement altered the meaning of the original text to suit their doctrine.
You make many assertions and did not acknowledge Jerome. and Others. The 66 were provide 400 AD well before Luther. That is the point.
 
again RCC free will heresy is calling people Calvinistic pigs here all the time.

So I want this addressing.

Not your ideas you have of Me


don't deflect your wrong by pointing out another wrong. I am not Calvinist. I have not call you a pig. It seems you are manifesting a problem with your character. You answered my question about Christ being the final authority of the Church you said in Salvation.

That is error.
 
don't deflect your wrong by pointing out another wrong. I am not Calvinist. I have not call you a pig. It seems you are manifesting a problem with your character. You answered my question about Christ being the final authority of the Church you said in Salvation.

That is error.

Christ is the Final Authority as Lord in ALL things including Salvation. He is the Head of the Church Not the Pope or the RCC. He is the Word of God on which All Scripture is Built upon Brick by Brick, Letter by letter. He is the Fulfillment of the Law and Atonement.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JimiSurvivor
don't deflect your wrong by pointing out another wrong. I am not Calvinist. I have not call you a pig. It seems you are manifesting a problem with your character. You answered my question about Christ being the final authority of the Church you said in Salvation.

That is error.
Christ is the Final Authority as Lord in ALL things including Salvation. He is the Head of the Church Not the Pope or the RCC. He is the Word of God on which All Scripture is Built upon Brick by Brick, Letter by letter. He is the Fulfillment of the Law and Atonement.
Yep the is thing is sir I'm not deflecting anything.

Second thing right at the beginning of this thread I told you that I could have Roman catholic theology in me i know nothing about,.

So to clarify i raised some points on what they are argue, about there beliefs not on my position but there's, after studying there rhetoric, and there theories and theologies something I'm now even more unhappy about, the fact youve chosen to believe that somehow that makes me dishonest, is on you not me, because I told you right at the begining, I've never read a Catholic bible.

Once again I find myself having to explain over and over again, but still the real problem doesn't get tackled.

Anyhoo you have a good day sir…

Go in peace i mean that.

Btw The main issue of this discussion has to do with understanding the things that have been brought to the light.

Understanding means to resolve them.

The big issue is for me is watching people be slayed with an rcc free will heresy here nearly everyday, and reversing there beliefs to say it's what where guilty of. And there's many things they reverse

But anyhoo forget I even mentioned it.

Because I'm done


Bye bye have a nice weekend, don't involve yourself if it's going to cause yourself a headache, i guess there will be a reason for allowing Catholic free will heresy here everyday,

But doe many months of putting up with utter apostate church free will heresy has took its toll on me, and even tho I've showed many people manners for renew ignorance, I've had none on return.

But anyhoo I will be fine in roughly 10 minutes time again, after 1000 th time.
 
don't deflect your wrong by pointing out another wrong. I am not Calvinist. I have not call you a pig. It seems you are manifesting a problem with your character. You answered my question about Christ being the final authority of the Church you said in Salvation.

That is error.
Christ is the Final Authority as Lord in ALL things including Salvation. He is the Head of the Church Not the Pope or the RCC. He is the Word of God on which All Scripture is Built upon Brick by Brick, Letter by letter. He is the Fulfillment of the Law and Atonement.
Yep the is thing is sir I'm not deflecting anything.

Second thing right at the beginning of this thread I told you that I could have Roman catholic theology in me i know nothing about,.

So to clarify i raised some points on what they are argue, about there beliefs not on my position but there's, after studying there rhetoric, and there theories and theologies something I'm now even more unhappy about, the fact youve chosen to believe that somehow that makes me dishonest, is on you not me, because I told you right at the begining, I've never read a Catholic bible.

Once again I find myself having to explain over and over again, but still the real problem doesn't get tackled.

Anyhoo you have a good day sir…

Go in peace i mean that.

Btw The main issue of this discussion has to do with understanding the things that have been brought to the light.

Understanding means to resolve them.

The big issue is for me is watching people be slayed with an rcc free will heresy here nearly everyday, and reversing there beliefs to say it's what where guilty of. And there's many things they reverse

But anyhoo forget I even mentioned it.

Because I'm done


Bye bye have a nice weekend, don't involve yourself if it's going to cause yourself a headache, i guess there will be a reason for allowing Catholic free will heresy here everyday,

But doe many months of putting up with utter apostate church free will heresy has took its toll on me, and even tho I've showed many people manners for renew ignorance, I've had none on return

But anyhoo I will be fine in roughly 10 minutes time again, after 1000 th time.
 
don't deflect your wrong by pointing out another wrong. I am not Calvinist. I have not call you a pig. It seems you are manifesting a problem with your character. You answered my question about Christ being the final authority of the Church you said in Salvation.

That is error.
listen I don't care what assertions you make about me anymore.
 
Yep the is thing is sir I'm not deflecting anything.

Second thing right at the beginning of this thread I told you that I could have Roman catholic theology in me i know nothing about,.

So to clarify i raised some points on what they are argue, about there beliefs not on my position but there's, after studying there rhetoric, and there theories and theologies something I'm now even more unhappy about, the fact youve chosen to believe that somehow that makes me dishonest, is on you not me, because I told you right at the begining, I've never read a Catholic bible.

Once again I find myself having to explain over and over again, but still the real problem doesn't get tackled.

Anyhoo you have a good day sir…

Go in peace i mean that.

Btw The main issue of this discussion has to do with understanding the things that have been brought to the light.

Understanding means to resolve them.

The big issue is for me is watching people be slayed with an rcc free will heresy here nearly everyday, and reversing there beliefs to say it's what where guilty of. And there's many things they reverse

But anyhoo forget I even mentioned it.

Because I'm done


Bye bye have a nice weekend, don't involve yourself if it's going to cause yourself a headache, i guess there will be a reason for allowing Catholic free will heresy here everyday,

But doe many months of putting up with utter apostate church free will heresy has took its toll on me, and even tho I've showed many people manners for renew ignorance, I've had none on return.

But anyhoo I will be fine in roughly 10 minutes time again, after 1000 th time.
yea take your ball and leave the play ground guy LOL
 
Christ is the Final Authority as Lord in ALL things including Salvation. He is the Head of the Church Not the Pope or the RCC. He is the Word of God on which All Scripture is Built upon Brick by Brick, Letter by letter. He is the Fulfillment of the Law and Atonement.
for the record I don't have a problem with Calvies who teach tulip corectly

For the record I don't have a problem with any person who behave with manners, reguarsless of what denomination they are

Be it Catholic be it reformed or people with Calvies beliefs.

For the record I have never called you a calvinistic pig.

For the record I have never called you anything

For the record my problem is with Roman Catholic heresy of free will

Not reformed not calvinist.

Why is it a problem to me

Well because many people here have made it my problem.

So now it's there problem