Bullying why?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Context is critical. You have taken something out of context. Peter was trying to defend his Master, but the Master did not need any defenders at that time (as He Himself said).

Normally Christians should shun violence. But there can be times when it is necessary. And that the battle of Armageddon, there will be nothing but violent destruction of the enemies of Christ and Israel.
Jesus rebuked peter and told him those who live by the sword shall die by it

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Jesus rebuked peter and told him those who live by the sword shall die by it
Jesus also said this: Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. (Luke 22:36)

Why did He say this if swords were not meant for self-defense? What you quoted was taken out of context, since that is a reference to either soldiers or murderers. Peter was not supposed to be defending Christ with his sword.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Jesus also said this: Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. (Luke 22:36)

Why did He say this if swords were not meant for self-defense? What you quoted was taken out of context, since that is a reference to either soldiers or murderers. Peter was not supposed to be defending Christ with his sword.
ehat I quoted is what refers to what I was replying to when Peter cut off a man’s ear what you quoted is actually not in context

“And, behold, one of them which were with Jesus stretched out his hand, and drew his sword, and struck a servant of the high priest's, and smote off his ear. Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭26:51-52‬ ‭KJV‬‬

that’s a reference to this

“Then Simon Peter having a sword drew it, and smote the high priest's servant, and cut off his right ear. The servant's name was Malchus. Then said Jesus unto Peter, Put up thy sword into the sheath: the cup which my Father hath given me, shall I not drink it?”
‭‭John‬ ‭18:10-11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

i simply referred to what’s there Jesus rebuked Peter and explained

all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.”

your quote has nothing to do with the situation I had replied about so it’s out of context actually but I appreciate the effort

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Persecuters ARE bullies. Basically its the same thing, they hound someone cos they want them dead.

Jesus was hounded, the Pharisees wanted to throw him off a cliff. That included Saul.

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
Saul was a bully. JEsus asked him why do you persecute me?

Saul couldnt give an answer.

Interestingly I asked this on another christian forum which turns out several bullies came out of the woodwork and said why they bully people. And also when people tried to bully them they just punched them back. They claimed that this stopped the bullying but..anyone can see it just turned them into bullies themselves.

I thought about this for a bit and wondered if they ever prayed for their enemies isntead of punching them. Jesus was mocked and cursed and people were wanting to fight him to death but he never engaged in that. Even his disciples said why dont you just call fire down from heaven. But Jesus said you dont know what spirit you speak of. Jesus did rebuke and simply told them to get lost but never laid a hand on them.

Im very dismayed that some christians think to deal with bullies they need to fight back.
Proverbs 16:7!!!

Jun 1, 2023
Hey there, I definitely get what you're saying about bullying and the reactions of those Christians on the other forum. It's sad to hear they thought the answer to bullying was to become bullies themselves. You bring up an interesting point about Jesus' approach to dealing with his persecutors and turning the other cheek. As Christians, we should strive to follow Jesus' teaching of loving our enemies and praying for those who persecute us. So I'm with you on feeling dismayed about their way of handling it. Although it's kind of unrelated, I stumbled across this link https://www.digitalforensics.com/blackmail which got me thinking about other forms of bullying and manipulation. Let's stick together and remind each other of Jesus' teachings to help everyone navigate these challenges in a more Christ-like way.

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
Let's stick together and remind each other of Jesus' teachings to help everyone navigate these challenges in a more Christ-like way.
Precious friend, A Very Warm Welcome To Chat.

Please Be Very RICHLY Encouraged And Edified In
The LORD JESUS CHRIST, And His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided
(+ I and II). ← PG Rated "Approved" *

Grace, Peace, And JOY!… + RICH Blessings ♫ 😇 ↑

* PG = Perfect God / Parental Guidance:

Study to Be APPROVED Open Bible.png

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I thought about blackmail though I cannot think of an instance where Jesus used writing to confront his enemies except in the case of the woman caught in adultery where he wrote on the ground (its never said what he wrote?)

There was the writing on the wall in King Nebuchadnezzars time.

Otherwise I dont think that's related to the kind of bullying Jesus experienced. He didnt really have any money to give and he told his disciples not to take any when they went out healing people (gold and silver have I none) so nobody could extort him. Though the romans did cast lots for his clothes.

I wouldnt call scammers bullies, bullying is a lot more personal. Scammers are just opportunists and will rip of anyone, bullies are a lot more targeted as to whom they want gone.

montana123

Oct 9, 2021
Saul was a bully. JEsus asked him why do you persecute me?

Saul couldnt give an answer.

Interestingly I asked this on another christian forum which turns out several bullies came out of the woodwork and said why they bully people. And also when people tried to bully them they just punched them back. They claimed that this stopped the bullying but..anyone can see it just turned them into bullies themselves.

I thought about this for a bit and wondered if they ever prayed for their enemies isntead of punching them. Jesus was mocked and cursed and people were wanting to fight him to death but he never engaged in that. Even his disciples said why dont you just call fire down from heaven. But Jesus said you dont know what spirit you speak of. Jesus did rebuke and simply told them to get lost but never laid a hand on them.

Im very dismayed that some christians think to deal with bullies they need to fight back.
Saul was not really a bully when he persecuted the Church but he thought he was doing the will of God and did not believe Jesus was the Messiah.

He said he was a Pharisee of Pharisees and that he was more zealous of the traditions of the fathers.

Pro 24:29 Say not, I will do so to him as he hath done to me: I will render to the man according to his work.

1Th 5:15 See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.

If a Christian is verbally or physically assaulted they are not to fight back with the same method but by the word of God.

If they fight back then they are acting like the people that attacked them so then how are they separated from the world, and a Christian.

Rev 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
Rev 13:10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

When the world persecutes the Christians they should not fight back for however they fight back will come back on them.

This is the patience and faith of the saints to endure the persecution.

If they fight back then they are not better than the world that fights physically for what they believe.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Saul was a bully he was persecuting Jesus, Jesus confronted him and asked him why he was persecuting him and 'kicking against the pricks'

If hounding someone to death or picking on someone is not bullying I dont know what is. IT doesnt matter if they think they are doing the 'right thing' or what they personally believe. You just dont bully someone.

simple.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
when being persecuted/bullied you just stand your ground, you dont need to fight. God will protect you and vindicate you. When you open your mouth, He will give you utterance.

If they slap you trun the other cheek and be slapped the other one as well. Be prepared to lose your job, this is in the lions den or the fiery furnace or like Joan of Arc, just tell the enemy where to go.