California christian, with No hope for the apostate churches around me

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

Bede

I went to a "Be a Luthern " class because I was excited about the fact that this particular church believed in SOLO Scriptura, for real.
at the class this came up. The lovely pastor, tried in the kindest way to define, this and Martin Luther himself argued this and agreed with the Catholic Church on the point. Which was a disappointment to me, I could not "sign on"
Perhaps you didn't understand what the pastor was saying.
As I understand them, Lutherns believe Jesus is truly present in the consecrated species but not in the same was as Catholics.

They believe that Christ is truly present by consubstantiation not by transubstantiation.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Hi All

I live in California (Los Angeles) and have been looking for a real church for over 10 years
I visit churches in my area and smell the marketing, the hustle, the lack of respect for the word of God, the compromise, the almost worship of SJW issues.
It has left me very isolated. I recently visited a Lutheran Church and like it well enough, then I found out that
in the communion, they believe in transubustatiation, which I do not.
To add to this ...I just broke up with a man who was a Mormon,
but lied to me and said he was a "Christian" ...its a long story, but the Mormons are trained to speak the christian lingo, without
knowing or caring a thing about the Lord. All that said, I am on a quest to find a tribe of believers who actually believe. This is what I hope to find here.
Hello Platosgal, welcome to CChat :)

I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling to find a suitable church to worship at. In the meantime however, why not go to an imperfect one and worship God there anyway? As a Spirit-filled, mature believer, you could have quite an impact on a dead church (for the overall good of the body of believers who attend there .. e.g. Galatians 6:9-10 :)). And if it becomes too much for you to handle after awhile, you can always leave, of course.

That said, I'm not sure that would be true for a church that is deeply involved in SJW concerns, because such churches are often committed to their "cause" above all else and then, sadly, have no interest in anything that would take their focus off of it.

Praying for you.

God bless you! (Proverbs 3:5-6)

~Deut

1 Thessalonians 5
23 May the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body
be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
24 Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Hi All

I live in California (Los Angeles) and have been looking for a real church for over 10 years
I visit churches in my area and smell the marketing, the hustle, the lack of respect for the word of God, the compromise, the almost worship of SJW issues.
It has left me very isolated. I recently visited a Lutheran Church and like it well enough, then I found out that
but lied to me and said he was a "Christian" ...its a long story, but the Mormons are trained to speak the christian lingo, without
knowing or caring a thing about the Lord. All that said, I am on a quest to find a tribe of believers who actually believe. This is what I hope to find here.
Amen sister. Been fighting the same fight for 20 years. The epistles of Jesus to His Church aka the Seven letters are replete with such warnings. Paul's warnins ring clear also. The bottom line is NEVER give up The Way.....and keep growing in Christ. BTW John MacArthurs church is nearby. Could you give them a try?

von1

Apr 22, 2010
Hello From Georgia Welcome to Christian Chat God Bless

Platosgal

Mar 17, 2020
Yes i have heard many reports about how much of California has fallen into deception and disbelief.. If i lived there and had the ability to leave i would..
Example: I visited a Mega Church near my home, they had all kinds of "programs" I visited literally 10 times, including Christmas time and the "pastors" did not open or quote from the bible once! Not once!! It was a shock! Then I reached out to the pastors, via email and wanted to understand why they did not mention the bible during the service and was promptly dismissed

Another local church- Main stream Denomination - had a Gay Couple as their pastoral team
Other Churches have Women Pastors and "leadership" - ( which though I was at 4 Square for many years, and even went to their bible college) I am against, due to what the bible actually says, and how during my time at different Christian Academic situations, I saw the reasoning for the scriptures stating so.
Once of these women pastors said from the pulpit, she did not personally believe that Jesus Existed!! ( I wanted to vomit)

This is the path of California...

Platosgal

Mar 17, 2020
Amen sister. Been fighting the same fight for 20 years. The epistles of Jesus to His Church aka the Seven letters are replete with such warnings. Paul's warnins ring clear also. The bottom line is NEVER give up The Way.....and keep growing in Christ. BTW John MacArthurs church is nearby. Could you give them a try?
I do think I need to find that church! Thanks for the reminder, it is about an hour from where I live, but perhaps its time to take that hour trip!

Platosgal

Mar 17, 2020
A provocative title for the thread. :)

Is it your contention that anyone who disagrees with you is apostate?

Welcome the the forum. (y)
Not at all
This is the definition : The word "apostasy" comes from the Greek apostasia, which is translated "falling away" in 2 Thessalonians 2:3.The word is closely related to the Greek word for "divorce." Apostates are those who fall away from the true faith, abandoning what they formerly professed to believe. For example, a liberal denomination that denies the authority of Scripture or the deity of Christ is an apostate denomination.

Or a church that Changes the meaning of the actual written word of God (Bible)
Or Adds to it for gain
Or Changes the actual meaning of the word of God -to comply with society norms

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Not at all
This is the definition : The word "apostasy" comes from the Greek apostasia, which is translated "falling away" in 2 Thessalonians 2:3.The word is closely related to the Greek word for "divorce." Apostates are those who fall away from the true faith, abandoning what they formerly professed to believe. For example, a liberal denomination that denies the authority of Scripture or the deity of Christ is an apostate denomination.

Or a church that Changes the meaning of the actual written word of God (Bible)
Or Adds to it for gain
Or Changes the actual meaning of the word of God -to comply with society norms
Can we hear an amen? My dear Sister, you are not alone trust me. Let that warm your heart and encourage you. We are now driving just over an hour to attend a little stone Baptist Church that was started in the 1860's. Very orthodox, but there are supposedly some amillenialists there.
The city churches were worse than Laodocean....they seemed more like pagan gatherings with the word "Church" on the door. Hopeless wreckage and doomed IMO. The end times are upon us people......keep oil in your lamps.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Don't lose hope as there are good churches all over the place, even in the LA area. Hard to find but well worth effort. Look for small bible believing and bible preaching churches. LA is a big area and there are churches worth attending but they are hard to find.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

NotmebutHim

May 17, 2015
Platosgal, there's a pastor in California named Mike Winger who has a YouTube channel. He's not the senior pastor at his church; he's the youth pastor.

He's a very Biblically sound pastor; I like watching his videos.

Here's the link to his channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/EkimRegniw

Don't know if it matters to you, but Mike approaches Scripture from a Calvary Chapel or Traditional/Provisionist viewpoint.

Platosgal

Mar 17, 2020
Platosgal, there's a pastor in California named Mike Winger who has a YouTube channel. He's not the senior pastor at his church; he's the youth pastor.

He's a very Biblically sound pastor; I like watching his videos.

Here's the link to his channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/EkimRegniw

Don't know if it matters to you, but Mike approaches Scripture from a Calvary Chapel or Traditional/Provisionist viewpoint.
Thank you so much ! Will watch now!

NotmebutHim

May 17, 2015
Some other good pastors/theologians to listen to are:

Leighton Flowers (Soteriology 101)
Chris Roseborough (Fighting for the Faith)
William Lane Craig (Reasonable Faith)
James White (Alpha & Omega Ministries)
John MacArthur (Grace to You Ministries)
Phil Johnson (Grace to You Ministries)
Justin Peters (Justin Peters Ministries)

Their YouTube channels are in parentheses.

:D

Platosgal

Mar 17, 2020
Some other good pastors/theologians to listen to are:

Leighton Flowers (Soteriology 101)
Chris Roseborough (Fighting for the Faith)
William Lane Craig (Reasonable Faith)
James White (Alpha & Omega Ministries)
John MacArthur (Grace to You Ministries)
Phil Johnson (Grace to You Ministries)
Justin Peters (Justin Peters Ministries)

Their YouTube channels are in parentheses.

:D
I have never heard of any of these! Thanks so much!

Jo2016

Jun 4, 2019
Lutheren church helped the developing of humanity but is it help to keep develop christian

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Example: I visited a Mega Church near my home, they had all kinds of "programs" I visited literally 10 times, including Christmas time and the "pastors" did not open or quote from the bible once! Not once!! It was a shock! Then I reached out to the pastors, via email and wanted to understand why they did not mention the bible during the service and was promptly dismissed

Another local church- Main stream Denomination - had a Gay Couple as their pastoral team
Other Churches have Women Pastors and "leadership" - ( which though I was at 4 Square for many years, and even went to their bible college) I am against, due to what the bible actually says, and how during my time at different Christian Academic situations, I saw the reasoning for the scriptures stating so.
Once of these women pastors said from the pulpit, she did not personally believe that Jesus Existed!! ( I wanted to vomit)

This is the path of California...
I am thankfull to the LORD when i see other people can see through the deception of false churches and stand upon the Holy Scriptures rather then the vain delusions of men.. :) May the LORD cause us to be even sharper in perception as we proceed in our lives.

Grompilla

Mar 22, 2020
Hi All

Hello God is good isnt he i am kinda in the same boat when it comes to Churches. Even though I have learned that church just ai t for Sundays. I have church everyday with God weather I'm talking to him like I'm sitting right next to him or worshipping with music or a nightly bible study.

But like you I'm here to meet fellow Christians with the same beliefs, to become friends with. Let's chat get to know each other and share our walk with Christ.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
Deuteronomy had an excellent suggestion, which I agree with completely. Some people might never have encountered the H. S. if I hadn't attended churches like you mentioned.