Calvinism and Context?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 31, 2020
Well my friend, the subtleties and sophistication of gentle humor is lost on many.

No need for you to worry though!
If you had even so much as a microgram of sophistication in your so called humor I would indeed appreciate it, but alas, you simply put out one epic fail after another; same with your heretical theology. But you get a C+ and a participation trophy for trying 🏆

May 31, 2020
“Therefore as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life.”

calvinism eviscerated, compliments of Paul as found in Romans 5:18

You’re welcome.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
If you had even so much as a microgram of sophistication in your so called humor I would indeed appreciate it, but alas, you simply put out one epic fail after another; same with your heretical theology. But you get a C+ and a participation trophy for trying 🏆
Truly, tales and songs fall utterly short of your magnanimity, O Duskey the Magnificent...

May 19, 2020
Well,at least it’s not me this time,😂🤣😅😅😂🤣.....I gave you both..😂😂 you made me laugh hard,😂

Apr 2, 2020
“Therefore as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life.”

You’re welcome.
Somehow I doubt you'll get a response to this.

As if all their claims of wanting Scripture are just smokescreens...

E

EleventhHour

You’re welcome.
Agree... continuing on...

15 But the gift is NOT like the trespass.

17 For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God’s abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ!

The person who is chosen does not receive but is forced.

E

EleventhHour

Same ole same ole... all means the elect.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018

Can I use the excuse of not wanting to respond out of sheer pity and mercy?

E

EleventhHour

This started in the Not By Works thread, the Stirring the Pot thread and now here.

I have followed a good part of it and every possible scripture and every argument which completely destroys this dogma has been presented repeatedly.

They deny, avoid, ridicule, every tactic imaginable to suppress the truth.

Make no mistake, this is a cultic mindset is seeking converts and consider also that CARM, Got Questions, Gospel Coalition and most all bible commentators are Calvinists like John Gill, A. T. Robertson, MacArthur etc., etc.,

May 19, 2020
This started in the Not By Works thread, the Stirring the Pot thread and now here.

I have followed a good part of it and every possible scripture and every argument which completely destroys this dogma has been presented repeatedly.

Amen!.....they sure do and it ain’t us,....pot and kettle.
Let’s just cherry 🍒 pick our scripture and dodge all those questions we asked like bullets.😂🤣

All our scripture that was presented,swept under the rug...to fit your false dogma.

Apr 2, 2020

Make no mistake, this is a cultic mindset is seeking converts and consider also that CARM, Got Questions, Gospel Coalition and most all bible commentators are Calvinists like John Gill, A. T. Robertson, MacArthur etc., etc.,
Oh I am well aware how pervasive and pernicious it is. More than one of my textbooks has been thrown across the room because they drip with catchwords and priming to predispose the reader to accepting the mindset.

Apr 2, 2020
Let’s just cherry 🍒 pick our scripture and dodge all those questions we asked like bullets.😂🤣

All our scripture that was presented,swept under the rug.
Is that meant to be ironic? Because it is really, really ironic.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
I'll let you non-reformed knuckle draggers clean each others fur for a while.
I realize that was quite a nasty cage rattling I gave you, so I'll let you settle down for a bit.

Be back later for your 10pm feeding time.

Apr 2, 2020
I realize that was quite a nasty cage rattling I gave you, so I'll let you settle down for a bit.

You must have a really loose grasp of reality.

May 19, 2020

😂🤣😅😅😂🤣

Apr 2, 2020
At last you recognised yourself..
I rarely present individual texts because I despise the practice of proof texting, so to accuse me of cherry picking is absolutely out of touch with my methodology.

cv's accusation of philosophizing is much closer, but that's because I prefer to wrestle with what the proof texts presented mean and all I've gotten in response to speaking of matters of context has either been crickets or other proof texts.

As for why I ignored most of your and cv's questions, it's the same reason that Jesus ignored the accusers of the adulterous woman in John 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.