Gospel TruthI disagree. I think that the reformed theology can be proven from the Bible alone. You do not need any outside catechism to do it for you.
Gospel TruthI disagree. I think that the reformed theology can be proven from the Bible alone. You do not need any outside catechism to do it for you.
I think I gave you the ability to uncomplicate what you think is complicated.
The whole Bible is about relationship and Father desiring to have it with everyone.
Rev 3.20 is a specific verse.
Ah. Forgot to mention. The grandmother walked down to be prayed over in the 1930's and died in the 1990's unchanged. I backslid within 4 months of regeneration, and my BIL backslide immediately. It took four years to see the change in me. 12 Years (and a Christian woman who would not marry a nonChristian lol) to see the change in him.First of all what an amazing story,prayer answered,you all getting that window fixed. And shout out to brother Penn Ed for being a real servant. We all like to yap about what we believe in here but its what we do out in the real world that matters.And helping each other matters.Ive had people help in in that type of way,I just didn't know what I was going to do and right on time God sends a brother/sister in the Lord to help. I can understand holding back tears.
My uncles wife went forward at a camp meeting years ago and got saved. We thought it was one of those convicting moments and then,as your story, she went back to her regular way of living. We certainly thought she wasn't saved.But unbeknownst to us she had attended a church off and on over the years and took her kids.A few years ago my uncle called and said something we had prayed for for years and years,he had started attending church because of his wife.Now they aren't mature Christians but they are in church and learning,they go every Sunday. So we need to be careful of looking on the outside,God looks at the heart.
Ummm, thank you?!Now its MY TURN to defend!! You,preacher,are way out of line and not living up to your name. Lynn has dealt with a sick husband,which but for the grace of God,she almost lost! She has health issues of her own while looking after her husband not knowing what the out come would be,hoping and praying.I can only imagine what they have suffered. So she is a long way from idle and if you were a gentleman,let alone a preacher you would apologize! You do not know her personally,what she does in her life and whatever time she spends on here is her own business.
You know what I like about Lynn,she's direct. She'll come at ya like a possum sometimes,but as shown above she's not too big for her britches to apologize. She has a big heart and she's encouraged and uplifted me here more than once.There's stuff we dont agree on but Id rather somebody step up and tell me what they think than going behind my back.I think your comments are a low blow.I asked,more than once,on this thread for people to be level headed and take the nastiness somewhere else. You call yourself preacher? Act like one! And at your age I expect more out of you.
I've answered everyone, including the one that didn't help you any getting what the Reformed think, because I get stuck at the same place. lol Ive asked several questions that no one answered. Read back... And I have asked for your view,whatever question you see I expect your POV.
Oh, most of us are going "we're all sheep." We're just trying to figure out the difference between the shorn sheep and the spotted sheep. lolJohn; 10;27-30;My sheep hear my voice,and i know them,and they follow me. 28;and i give unto them eternal life;and they shall never perish;neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand;29; my father ,which gave them me,is greater than all,and no man is able to pluck them out of my father's hand.. 30'I and my father are one.---------------------------If you believe and have received everything Jesus said in Matthew, then you are his sheep, and he know you.all the words in red is his teachings. People may not realize it but the words in red are the most important. they are the cornerstone as Jesus is of the Gospel of the kingdom of God.
I know, for sure, on two of God's elect. (I strongly suspect on many more, but you're right. It usually is God alone who knows for sure.)Ah what kind of faith do people really have?
A Saving faith rested firmly in the finished work of Christ or a heathen or devil "faith" in God's existence?
A devils faith acknowledge that Jesus may be Lord but He is not THEIR savior,THEY are. A heathen faith that believes that this world is more important than an unseen eternity.
Or a false faith in false idols of their creation?
Only person who can truly say who is truly God's elect, His born again children is His Holy Spirit.
It usually is pointless. Someone starts a thread refuting Calvinism and we're pretty well certain all it's going to be is people working hard to slap each other on their backs for agreeing with one another, (even when they aren't even doing that.)And BTW. I had like 15 posts with my answers and refutations of others ready to post until I finally lost my patience. Decided it was futile and decided to just say whatever, this is pointless.
I think that terror is what is left for unbelievers. In the moment we become the children of God, the fear of His magnificence, power etc stays, but the terror as such (something painful, without peace in our mind) goes away.
But this is just my point of view and we may be using words differently.
Ah, Ariel and I are alike there. We're not playing. And we're not taking sides. Our aim is for solid truth. Truth doesn't have a side. Both of us are going to tell anyone when they're wrong no matter which side of an argument the person is on.And Ariel, I have no beef with you. My only issue is that you play both sides. I think you are closer to the truth than most here though, and I hope you keep trying to learn. I have nothing else to say on this thread though.
There are also verses about fear of God and service to God.
We must take all, not just Rev 3:20 and then say "it is not about service" or similar.
"Show proper respect to everyone, love the family of believers, fear God, honor the emperor." 1Pt 2:17
I don't know, maybe it needs defined a bit more from the biblical view of saints who had this experience. Job and other saints expressed terror when in His presence, Israelites &c. But I am not saying suggesting this terror to be a lacking of peace. R C Sproul's talked of his conversion and feeling absolute terror when He knelt before Him in salvation. Probably John the Apostle felt a sense of terror when he fell down as a dead man. That is the terror that I am referring to, one experienced by saints.
John 1:9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.But not everyone has the light of Jesus.
Yes but available to all.They are already dead (Eph 2.1-3). What they NEED is life, but it is only given to some.
The whosoever wills.He breathes life into those chosen by God (John 6.37-42).
Revelation 3:14 And to the angel of the church in Laodicea write: ‘The words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of God's creation.
3:20 is in the context of the church of Laodicea, so Jesus is knocking on the door of that church, not on peoples hearts like so many people add to the Scripture.
Ah. Forgot to mention. The grandmother walked down to be prayed over in the 1930's and died in the 1990's unchanged. I backslid within 4 months of regeneration, and my BIL backslide immediately. It took four years to see the change in me. 12 Years (and a Christian woman who would not marry a nonChristian lol) to see the change in him.
I'm still not sure if Judas was saved from that very last moment between jumping and splattering, but I'm pretty sure he didn't. That is the heights I give to the grandmother. It's possible, but no one ever saw anything change in her. (Nice lady, but not changed.)
Revelation 3:14 And to the angel of the church in Laodicea write: ‘The words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of God's creation.
3:20 is in the context of the church of Laodicea, so Jesus is knocking on the door of that church, not on peoples hearts like so many people add to the Scripture.
My conversion was terrifying when I realized how sinful I was before a holy God. It's what lead me to understand grace in it's fullest. It lead to my repentance and ultimately my obedience. The terror subsided when God comforted me by his grace and love and that terror turned to reverence and obedience. Not saying I obey perfectly, obviously I don't, but the desire to do so is a powerful one, but no longer out of fear. Nonetheless, it was the initial terror that turned me to God.
That's great, thanks bro! I read an article about some Christian girl who attended a service and talked about feeling the terror of God. Take it FWIW but here it is:
I Saw the Terror of the Lord - From His Presence®